Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91619 times)

seieienbu

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2925 on: June 29, 2014, 07:25:43 PM »
Started the Wizardry Saga recently. I'll be playing I-V on the PCE, and VI-VIII via Steam.

This could take a while... :P

wowow, that's a serious undertaking, good luck to you!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esadajr

« Reply #2926 on: July 03, 2014, 03:19:56 PM »
last night I was playing Advanced VG, Asuka and PC Genjin 3
Gaming since 1985

Bardoly

« Reply #2927 on: July 06, 2014, 08:57:21 AM »
Still playing Tatsujin...  Only 6 more days till VGS.

jtucci31

« Reply #2928 on: July 06, 2014, 10:07:05 AM »

I've been practicing at Galloping Ghost since I can't afford the PCE version. Holy butts it's hard. Getting any good at it?

Bardoly

« Reply #2929 on: July 06, 2014, 11:59:56 AM »

I've been practicing at Galloping Ghost since I can't afford the PCE version. Holy butts it's hard. Getting any good at it?

Not at all.  :(
I can usually get past the first mini-boss without using a bomb, and I've made it to level 2 three times (on my first continue as the rules state), but that's it.   ](*,)

jordan_hillman

« Reply #2930 on: July 16, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »
Tricky Kick for the win
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

roflmao

« Reply #2931 on: August 10, 2014, 05:54:15 PM »
I picked up Ys IV not too long ago and then made me a copy of the English translation. At the time, I briefly tested it to make sure it worked, but it's been sitting dormant since then.

This weekend my son and I picked it up again and couldn't put it down! It's at least as good as Ys Books I & II. I stopped at the ice boss, but will hopefully keep the game moving next weekend. 

There is no excuse not to play it.

The US translation is really well done. Really, really.

The graphics and animation are improved over I & II.

The music is phenomenal.  Possibly as good as I & II, but I can't yet state it's better because of the the nostalgia cred the original has earned.  IMO, all pce Ys games have fantastic soundtracks.

On a side note we also played a fair amount of Devil's Crush.  It has been a good weekend of obey. :)

technozombie

« Reply #2932 on: August 10, 2014, 07:31:53 PM »
I picked up Ys IV not too long ago and then made me a copy of the English translation. At the time, I briefly tested it to make sure it worked, but it's been sitting dormant since then.

This weekend my son and I picked it up again and couldn't put it down! It's at least as good as Ys Books I & II. I stopped at the ice boss, but will hopefully keep the game moving next weekend. 

There is no excuse not to play it.

The US translation is really well done. Really, really.

The graphics and animation are improved over I & II.

The music is phenomenal.  Possibly as good as I & II, but I can't yet state it's better because of the the nostalgia cred the original has earned.  IMO, all pce Ys games have fantastic soundtracks.

On a side note we also played a fair amount of Devil's Crush.  It has been a good weekend of obey. :)

I'm also playing Ys 4. I finished Mask of the Sun on SNES and now I'm almost finished with Dawn of Ys. The Ice Boss was a pain in the ass. So far I feel like the difficulty is perfectly balanced in that the bosses are hard, but once you learn they're patterns they can be beat.

NightWolve

« Reply #2933 on: August 11, 2014, 01:19:38 PM »

Yeah, it's just as awesome as the others. All music from this series on this system packs a punch and together provides one of the greatest gaming soundtracks in history, largely thanks to the arranging talents of Ryo Yonemitsu no matter who the composer(s) was/were (composers were mostly different from Ys I & II [Yuzo Koshiro], Ys III [Mieko Ishikawa] and Ys IV [many to list]).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:26:09 PM by NightWolve »

johnnymad

« Reply #2934 on: August 11, 2014, 02:29:27 PM »
Blazing Lasers. Just as good as advertised.

roflmao

« Reply #2935 on: August 11, 2014, 03:53:29 PM »
I tried taking a picture of the TV just now, but the camera didn't want to cooperate...

Atlantean!

I've never been any good at Defender, and this is kicking me to the curb, but it's so much fun!  Everything moves fluidly (no pun intended). Precise control.  I haven't gotten used to utilizing the map at the top of the screen, but I'm sure that'll come with practice.  I eventually got used to the one in Pyramid Plunder. :)

khog143

« Reply #2936 on: August 11, 2014, 03:58:24 PM »
I'm playing Devil's Crush.  Still one of the best pinball games ever.

ctophil

« Reply #2937 on: August 11, 2014, 05:18:54 PM »
I'm playing The Addams Family on Turbografx-CD.  I know most of you probably don't care for that game; but it's actually pretty fun.  Plus, it's the only Turbo CD game I have.  lol.  The game is really hard though.  So far, I could only go past the first part of the mansion.  I got to the part where you go down into the basement.  The game really throws annoying enemies at you, and you barely ever get hearts to refill your health.  Nothing like some old school difficulty. 

escarioth

« Reply #2938 on: August 12, 2014, 05:22:12 AM »
I'm currently trying to push my wife into trying Book of Ys...  :pray:

as for me, i'm totally over Valis 3 and that water level is driving crazy  :evil:

US Hucards     :  83/94
US CD-games  : 40/44
total complete with boxes 54/111

seieienbu

« Reply #2939 on: August 12, 2014, 07:47:48 AM »
I'm playing The Addams Family on Turbografx-CD.  I know most of you probably don't care for that game; but it's actually pretty fun.  Plus, it's the only Turbo CD game I have.  lol.  The game is really hard though.  So far, I could only go past the first part of the mansion.  I got to the part where you go down into the basement.  The game really throws annoying enemies at you, and you barely ever get hearts to refill your health.  Nothing like some old school difficulty. 

I seem to recall The Adams Family was pretty easy to beat in one life. However, if I died and lost my power ups I might as well just restart the game.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93