Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91506 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2985 on: August 25, 2014, 12:36:16 AM »
Valis "1" started out on Japanese computers. It was only the last entry released for PC Engine. There is also a version of it for Genesis.

It's on Famicom as well.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

« Reply #2986 on: August 25, 2014, 03:13:19 AM »

Valis "1" started out on Japanese computers. It was only the last entry released for PC Engine. There is also a version of it for Genesis.

It's on Famicom as well.

God, I tried some Valis 1 on Famicom...god awful.
  |    | 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #2987 on: August 25, 2014, 03:50:09 AM »

God, I tried some Valis 1 on Famicom...god awful.

Valis is one of those series that I have various versions of 1-4 of. And the only one I really like is Syd of Valis. Yet, I have a lot of them. To me it's a more aggravating less fun Castlevania,

I wish I could justify why I own so many games in the series. In any event I have Valis 1 on famicom and it is indeed awful.
--DragonmasterDan

geise

« Reply #2988 on: August 25, 2014, 03:52:09 AM »
Valis Phantasm Soldier and Valis IV are awesome on pc-engine. 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #2989 on: August 25, 2014, 03:59:23 AM »

I beat Valis II and got a good ways into Valis III. They were both really aggravating. I didn't like Super Valis IV on SNES either.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

« Reply #2990 on: August 25, 2014, 04:34:13 AM »

I beat Valis II and got a good ways into Valis III. They were both really aggravating. I didn't like Super Valis IV on SNES either.

You SCROUNDREL!

Valis II TG-CD is easy and short. I wish it was either (1) much longer...more stages of the same (linear, not particularly creative) ***** or ****** (2) same length, but with more creative stage design (encouraging at least some exploration, at least onitially).

Valis III is great with a bit of challenging moments, not perfect, far from it, but a great little game that sadly, doesn't have many peers on PCE.

Valis IV on SNES is missing some of the magic...I haven't spent as  much time with it (I beat it, years ago, but I have not gone back for more...). I hate to condemn it without playing it again with fresh eyes...
  |    | 

neutopia6

« Reply #2991 on: August 25, 2014, 09:37:31 AM »
Well, beat Bonks Adventure today, decided to play Valis III, died at least thirty times in a row, on some mountains near the beginning of the game, two big leaps in a row, second one I kept smashing my head off of, on top of my audio being incredibly quiet except for my sound effects which make me want to rip my hair out after an hour I can't do it anymore lol.

galam

« Reply #2992 on: August 25, 2014, 10:30:06 AM »
Well, beat Bonks Adventure today, decided to play Valis III, died at least thirty times in a row, on some mountains near the beginning of the game, two big leaps in a row, second one I kept smashing my head off of, on top of my audio being incredibly quiet except for my sound effects which make me want to rip my hair out after an hour I can't do it anymore lol.

Told you...   :wink:

esteban

« Reply #2993 on: August 25, 2014, 10:33:09 AM »

Did you select different characters and experiment? Not sure what point you are at, but maybe the slide would help?
  |    | 

neutopia6

« Reply #2994 on: August 25, 2014, 11:34:30 AM »
Got confused for a few minutes on level one lol, kept trying to jump over the big barrel looking things on the roof until I read the manual and learned I could slide lol.
Then beat the boss, heard a lot of static instead of voices for the cutscene, cried a little bit, continued on level II, there are two pits in a row, hell of a jump, but the second one I kept hitting my head on the rock ceiling, tried medium jumps, nothing was working, I'll try the slide for shits and giggles, if that was it I'm going to be mind blown lol.

esteban

« Reply #2995 on: August 25, 2014, 11:39:45 AM »

Got confused for a few minutes on level one lol, kept trying to jump over the big barrel looking things on the roof until I read the manual and learned I could slide lol.
Then beat the boss, heard a lot of static instead of voices for the cutscene, cried a little bit, continued on level II, there are two pits in a row, hell of a jump, but the second one I kept hitting my head on the rock ceiling, tried medium jumps, nothing was working, I'll try the slide for shits and giggles, if that was it I'm going to be mind blown lol.

There might be a solution that involves freezing an enemy.
  |    | 

neutopia6

« Reply #2996 on: August 25, 2014, 11:44:12 AM »
It was the slide, holy shit lol, didn't think that would work, who needs physics lol, thank you ahaha.

galam

« Reply #2997 on: August 25, 2014, 01:58:39 PM »
so obtuse.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2998 on: August 25, 2014, 02:18:27 PM »
Had some friends over last night for some bomberman 94 and battle lode runner. My wife played the Space Invaders remix (hu card), Download and Magical Chase
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #2999 on: August 25, 2014, 03:03:27 PM »

Had some friends over last night for some bomberman 94 and battle lode runner. My wife played the Space Invaders remix (hu card), Download and Magical Chase

I really dig the Space Invaders HuCARD. FUN. 

I haven't had multi-player Bomberman or Dungeon Explorer or MotoRoader in far too long.
  |    |