Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91654 times)

neutopia6

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3060 on: September 01, 2014, 11:53:02 AM »
Finally started playing Neutopia, gonna beat it by tomorrow, its a blast so far, love the Zelda feel, its like the missing link between LoZ and A Link To The Past, glad I picked this up.

lukester

« Reply #3061 on: September 01, 2014, 01:26:04 PM »
Beat Bomberman, final boss was the only hard boss. Now I've beaten the PCE Trilogy!

Started Dungeon Explorer (used the fighter character), and got extremely far in several hours. Now in final world.

Really fun and lengthy game considering what it is based off of. Lots of different classes to try in future playthroughs.

jordan_hillman

« Reply #3062 on: September 01, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »
Beat Bomberman, final boss was the only hard boss. Now I've beaten the PCE Trilogy!

Started Dungeon Explorer (used the fighter character), and got extremely far in several hours. Now in final world.

Really fun and lengthy game considering what it is based off of. Lots of different classes to try in future playthroughs.

Such a killer game! And you should definitely try a play though with a support-type character, such as the Bishop (or mage, or whatever the hell he is called) , for some extra challenge.
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

lukester

« Reply #3063 on: September 01, 2014, 03:02:08 PM »

Such a killer game! And you should definitely try a play though with a support-type character, such as the Bishop (or mage, or whatever the hell he is called) , for some extra challenge.

Just beat the game now, really good. 8/10.

Is Bishop the worst character? Real question is: Can he outrun the Tigrebeast?

esteban

« Reply #3064 on: September 02, 2014, 11:45:50 AM »

You can outrun Tigerbeast with any character whose speed is above _____. Obviously, you have to spend precious crystals to do so prior to facing Le Tigre.
  |    | 

jordan_hillman

« Reply #3065 on: September 02, 2014, 01:10:56 PM »

I wouldn't say he's the worst character per se (he can heal himself), but he's your prototypical support cast type character that definitely adds some challenge if you're playing solo.
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #3066 on: September 02, 2014, 07:38:57 PM »
Today I started playing Star Parodia again. I absolutely love playing this game with my girlfriend !! This game is just all around great fun !!!

Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

clackattack

« Reply #3067 on: September 04, 2014, 08:06:18 AM »
Stumbled across a translated patch for Startling Odyssey II... This is and interesting game to say the least. Im a huge sucker for JRPGs so this one kinda feels at home with me. Some of the translations are a little rough, but 100% playable and enjoyable
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

Desh

« Reply #3068 on: September 06, 2014, 02:35:53 PM »
I finally completed Y's Books I & II for the first time.  What an amazing game.  The music was amazing.  I think I'm actually going to burn a copy of the soundtrack to jam to in the car once in awhile. 

So far this year I've completed these games:
Atlantanean
Bonk's Adventure
Cadash
Chase H.Q.
Last Alert
Neutopia
Neutopia II

The next 3 game I own that I want to run through are Bloody Wolf, Dragon's Curse or Dungeon Explorer.  What do you guys recommend I start with.

neutopia6

« Reply #3069 on: September 06, 2014, 05:32:11 PM »
Nice, I just completed Y's book I and II for the first time last week, very good, definitely have fun with Dragons Curse, I love that game.

lukester

« Reply #3070 on: September 07, 2014, 06:47:05 AM »
I finally completed Ys Books I & II for the first time.  What an amazing game.  The music was amazing.  I think I'm actually going to burn a copy of the soundtrack to jam to in the car once in awhile. 

So far this year I've completed these games:
Atlantanean
Bonk's Adventure
Cadash
Chase H.Q.
Last Alert
Neutopia
Neutopia II

The next 3 game I own that I want to run through are Bloody Wolf, Dragon's Curse or Dungeon Explorer.  What do you guys recommend I start with.

Definitely Bloody Wolf. Great underrated game, and probably the easiest of the 3.

I've never managed to be Wonder Boy III, due to the stupid Pagoda level. Wonder Boy III is also the longest.

And Dungeon Explorer isn't too long, but having to reset the console and re-do the password is annoying each time you lose.

lukester

« Reply #3071 on: September 07, 2014, 06:49:35 AM »
Just beat Legendary Axe II by the skin of my teeth. Took me a few days.

The first 6 levels I can do well, but that final level (and especially the boss) took me forever.

Lots of improvements compared to the first game, but some negatives like the final level and health downgrade upon death, will keep me from re-playing the game as often as the first one.

neutopia6

« Reply #3072 on: September 07, 2014, 07:16:43 AM »
Agreed, I love the first Legendary Axe but didn't enjoy the second one as much, I think it was level six with all the platforms, and lightning and constant falling is what drove me nuts, I will do it some day though lol.

johnnymad

« Reply #3073 on: September 07, 2014, 11:11:41 AM »
Been playing Bonk's Adventure. Never played it as a kid. Don't have to tell you guys how good it is.

lukester

« Reply #3074 on: September 14, 2014, 07:59:03 AM »
Been playing Bonk's Adventure. Never played it as a kid. Don't have to tell you guys how good it is.

One of my favorite HuCards, though I think New Adventure Island is the best PCE HuCard platformer. :)

Just beat Jigoku Meguri. Took only a day. Not really tricky at all, and the final boss is a piece of cake.

Even though it's only a 6/10 game, it's something everyone should at least try.