Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91455 times)

esteban

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3090 on: September 20, 2014, 12:45:55 PM »

been playing world court tennis  I like the little rpg element where you can walk around the town and challenging other tennis players.

also some ninja spirit on the express. always good

Yes,the RPG in World Court (and Final Lap Twin) are fun. 
  |    | 

neutopia6

« Reply #3091 on: September 20, 2014, 04:03:44 PM »
Final Lap Twin is another one I'm excited to finally start, I couldn't get into moto roader, the constant jumping of a vehicle drove me nuts.

neutopia6

« Reply #3092 on: September 22, 2014, 05:23:45 PM »
Finally popped in Raiden, me and my girlfriend are having a blast, what do you guys think of it??

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3093 on: September 22, 2014, 11:05:45 PM »
Finally popped in Raiden, me and my girlfriend are having a blast, what do you guys think of it??

The HuCARD is fantastic port. Not perfect, but few games ever were back in the day.

Challenging game. You will cry.

It is NOT a perfect game, nor does it do anything new for the genre (a lineage of prior games use the same mechanics, formula).

It is nicely executed, though.

I never really understood why Raiden garnered so much attention...it was a polished rehash of existing shootemups.

But, even I found myself going back to it at arcade, so maybe it did deserve a hug.

The little details are nice (cows!).

CD-ROM PCE version has nice orchestral soundtrack and two extra stages, so I'd say that was a welcome BONUS after you beat HuCARD.

|    | 

neutopia6

« Reply #3094 on: September 23, 2014, 06:51:19 AM »
Awesome, thank you, we made it to level four last night before calling it quits.
It felt mediocre, yet still very fun, and holy f*ck quite a few continues in that game, I'm assuming it gets really painful near the end aha.

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3095 on: September 23, 2014, 07:51:04 AM »
I'm trying to play Tricky Kick...not doing so well. I get the game mechanics in theory. But in practice....I suck.

Justinjcox20

« Reply #3096 on: September 23, 2014, 05:25:43 PM »
I picked up some new games in vegas finally, so I am no longer stuck with just Keith courage.

I am playing splatterhouse,  dungeon explorer, rtype,  and air zonk

esteban

« Reply #3097 on: September 24, 2014, 11:11:22 PM »
I picked up some new games in vegas finally, so I am no longer stuck with just Keith courage.

I am playing splatterhouse,  dungeon explorer, rtype,  and air zonk

Damn, you went from KC to AWESOME. 
  |    | 

jordan_hillman

« Reply #3098 on: September 25, 2014, 10:08:22 AM »
Awesome, thank you, we made it to level four last night before calling it quits.
It felt mediocre, yet still very fun, and holy f*ck quite a few continues in that game, I'm assuming it gets really painful near the end aha.

R-Type and Raiden, as far as US releases go, give me the most trouble by about a mile compared to every other shooter on the TG

But I haven't plaid Sinistron yet, and I hear that one is absolutely brutal to beat.
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

jtucci31

« Reply #3099 on: September 25, 2014, 12:21:05 PM »

CD-ROM PCE version has nice orchestral soundtrack and two extra stages, so I'd say that was a welcome BONUS after you beat HuCARD.

Are you talking about Super Raiden for the Super CD-ROM? Not trying to be an ass, just want clarification. :) Didn't know Raiden was on Hu and CD

esteban

« Reply #3100 on: September 25, 2014, 12:44:15 PM »

R-Type and Raiden, as far as US releases go, give me the most trouble by about a mile compared to every other shooter on the TG

But I haven't plaid Sinistron yet, and I hear that one is absolutely brutal to beat.

I had an easier time beating Sinistron than either R-Type or Raiden. I might be wrong, but I think Sinistron has shorter and fewer stages, so even if it gets challenging, you have a shorter gauntlet to run through. At least, that is how I have always felt.

Are you talking about Super Raiden for the Super CD-ROM? Not trying to be an ass, just want clarification. :) Didn't know Raiden was on Hu and CD

Yup, Super Raiden CD. Great for Raiden fans, IMHO.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:46:17 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

jordan_hillman

« Reply #3101 on: September 25, 2014, 01:12:12 PM »
I had an easier time beating Sinistron than either R-Type or Raiden. I might be wrong, but I think Sinistron has shorter and fewer stages, so even if it gets challenging, you have a shorter gauntlet to run through. At least, that is how I have always felt.

If it's R-Type or Raiden level difficult, but with shorter stages, then I am definitely up for the challenge. But I might shit myself and die if I tack on another shoot 'em up that I find myself unable to beat
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

esteban

« Reply #3102 on: September 25, 2014, 01:28:38 PM »

If it's R-Type or Raiden level difficult, but with shorter stages, then I am definitely up for the challenge. But I might shit myself and die if I tack on another shoot 'em up that I find myself unable to beat

I hear you. Beat something first. 
  |    | 

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #3103 on: September 25, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »

been playing world court tennis  I like the little rpg element where you can walk around the town and challenging other tennis players.

also some ninja spirit on the express. always good

Yes,the RPG in World Court (and Final Lap Twin) are fun. 

hell yeah! and a very unique factor about the two games! keeps you more busy with the game!

neutopia6

« Reply #3104 on: September 25, 2014, 07:02:52 PM »
I've got the CIC Raiden Hucard, its not too bad, R-Type f*cks with me good though, that damn level with the huge ship, level 3??