Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91622 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3360 on: August 05, 2015, 03:01:09 AM »
i manage to get a copy of bonk 3 cd.
didnt play it yet, but i heard that bonk's revenge is still on top of this one.
i might try to play it this week-end :) i feel like playing a bonk game.

Bonk's Revenge definitely has the superior level design. It's my favorite of the three.
--DragonmasterDan

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3361 on: August 05, 2015, 03:51:20 AM »
i got 2 bank cards..but well.. they're not working...

surely there's a place around with someone already asking for how to repair them

If it's not a simple connection problem (dirty contacts), then the batteries are probably dead and need changed.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

escarioth

« Reply #3362 on: August 05, 2015, 04:04:26 AM »
i got 2 bank cards..but well.. they're not working...

surely there's a place around with someone already asking for how to repair them

If it's not a simple connection problem (dirty contacts), then the batteries are probably dead and need changed.

yeah well... changing the battery is probably the only thing to do :/
i'll look for infos about what i must do :) later
US Hucards     :  83/94
US CD-games  : 40/44
total complete with boxes 54/111

lukester

« Reply #3363 on: August 05, 2015, 08:20:31 AM »
Beat Bonk 3 today. Never got far in it until now because I'm not a fan of the music, however the gameplay is still pretty solid.

The background in Stage 6-2 and 6-3 is pretty mindblowing though.

Gredler

« Reply #3364 on: August 05, 2015, 08:45:25 AM »
Cadash, Dungeon Explorer, and Bloody Wolf served with a side of Soldier Blade. Thanks TED!

My good friend carpools with me to and from work every day, he loves dungeon crawler RPGs, and we had some time before and after work to play some games. I handed him a PCE controller and he said wtf, and then a more amped up wtf when Cadash booted up on my TED2 in the Duo-R. We go through the first boss, and got a game over early into the second stage before we had to go to work.

Throughout the day he kept bringing up how we should hang out soon and beat that game - he was hooked.

Later that night his wife was about 30 minutes late picking him up at my house, so we booted the duo-r up. I told him we should not play Cadash because we will have a sit down to actually beat it soon. We cracked a beer as the Dungeon Explorer logo slowly faded in, slowly blowing his mind. He was so surprised that these bad ass games were around back then and he had no idea about them until that day. Again we ran through the first dungeon and died shortly into the second dungeon. A second game was added to the Co-Op queue, and we decided to switch it up again since we would be repeating gameplay if we played Cadash or Dungeon Explorer anymore, so I set him up on Bloody Wolf.

Initially he was not nearly as excited as the first two up his alley action roleplaying fantasy setting games, but once he got a weapon upgrade, things started to change. Once he was on a motercycle he enthusiastically said "oh. this is happening" He didn't make it very far into the game before his Wife arrived, but the 45 minute gaming session was memorable and I thought it was a fun story of showing someone the power of the obey :)

After he left, I played Soldier Blade for about an hour, attempting to get as far as I could. I actually ws not blown away by it, and wished I had spent my time with Blazing Lasers, as that's the game I've been actively trying to beat (alongside Kato Chan & Ken Chan) I've been trying to beat on the system.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:48:49 AM by Gredler »

turboswimbz

« Reply #3365 on: August 05, 2015, 12:58:24 PM »
that story warms my heart.    Great game choices.  I suggest two player parasol stars as well.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

esteban

« Reply #3366 on: August 05, 2015, 02:39:42 PM »
YOU KNOW GREDLER WANTED TO SNEAK IN A GAME OF

TV SPORTS Hockey.
  |    | 

Gredler

« Reply #3367 on: August 06, 2015, 07:12:14 AM »
I suggest two player parasol stars as well.

Great call, that's one of the 8 games I had growing up and I have very fond memories of it :) I should not assume he would be sugar rushed out of the enjoyment. I've tried to get my girlfriend to play it, and assumed he may not like it because my friend is more of a swords and sorcery faxanadu loving person. Same with TV Sports Hockey, his distaste for sports caused me to avoid popping that on. Also.. I am becoming shamefully aware of the framerate issues the more I play TV Sports hockey. I didn't have it as a kid, I had Ice Hockey and then NHL 93 and up, so to play a turbo game that was an amalgamation of my two favorite hockey titles blew my mind. The last time I popped it in (to compare it to Hit The Ice after being able to play thanks to the TED) I was a bit more disillusioned and critical. Still the best hockey game until EA ate the market with framerate and responsive controls.

This morning he arrived extra early to carpool, before I was ready to leave, and he played Cadash until I was ready to leave. Before we left I wanted to really blow his mind, and turned on Neutopia. Needless to say he was amazed that such a game existed between Zelda 1 and Link to the Past. It's been nice proliferating the obey to a open minded friend, but he's still a fekang nerdtindo fan loyalist.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:20:43 AM by Gredler »

johnnykonami

« Reply #3368 on: August 06, 2015, 02:18:35 PM »
I always wondered if you could use a Ten no Koe Bank rom on an everdrive and just dump the files to the everdrive that way.  Guess it's too convenient and probably doesn't work that way at all though.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #3369 on: August 07, 2015, 12:03:30 AM »
I always wondered if you could use a Ten no Koe Bank rom on an everdrive and just dump the files to the everdrive that way.  Guess it's too convenient and probably doesn't work that way at all though.

I think the way the Tennokoe Bank saves is different than the way the everdrive functions. I'm sure this could be implemented in future versions of the Everdrive though.
--DragonmasterDan

johnnykonami

« Reply #3370 on: August 07, 2015, 08:17:45 AM »

I think the way the Tennokoe Bank saves is different than the way the everdrive functions. I'm sure this could be implemented in future versions of the Everdrive though.

I figured.  I was just thinking about my duo memory and how it's probably toast by now since I haven't switched it on in quite some time.  I was pretty excited when they released a memory card device for the original Playstation that let you backup your saves to your PC, because not only did it save you from the limited space on the PSX memory card, but also allowed you to upload and download saves through the internet facilitating sharing which was great.  Something like that for us Turbobs would be pretty cool.

lukester

« Reply #3371 on: August 07, 2015, 04:20:10 PM »
Beat City Hunter today. Not a hard game at all. It took a while to figure out where to go though.

There's a video walk through but I really hope someone can translate this game someday.

Mas

« Reply #3372 on: August 08, 2015, 12:19:53 AM »
So today I have my day off. I'm going to play ninja spirit for a couple of hrs. Following that is me trying to pass the third level in legendary axe and go further than that.

retro junkie

« Reply #3373 on: August 08, 2015, 12:59:43 AM »
Rock On arrived in my mailbox this week. It has been in my PC Engine.  :twisted:

Punch

« Reply #3374 on: August 08, 2015, 03:03:30 AM »
Silent Debuggers... got to Floor 5 with only the battery room and a general storage room :(

sigh.