Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91632 times)

roflmao

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3540 on: November 03, 2015, 04:22:48 AM »
I've heard a lot of love here for Power Golf 2 - what makes it so good? I've played the first game a few times and have had a lot of difficulty finding consistency with the timing of the power bar - if you're off the slightest bit it's off to the woods for your Titleist...

I recently burned an ISO of Power Golf 2 to see what all the hoopla is around this game and it's like night and day compared to the first one. I never could get used to the power bar in the first one but the second one is much more forgiving. It's a much better game in so many respects.

Punch

« Reply #3541 on: November 03, 2015, 04:52:52 PM »
Just beaten Bonk's Adventure. An easy game considering it's my first time playing it!!!

blueraven

« Reply #3542 on: November 03, 2015, 05:54:51 PM »
Had some fun with GoT & LoT the other night with my roommate, and got in a few rounds of Hero Tonma before it was all over.

Back to Terraforming.

High Score Thread:
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=19996.0[/url
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

tool

« Reply #3543 on: November 05, 2015, 01:14:51 PM »
Just beaten Bonk's Adventure. An easy game considering it's my first time playing it!!!

Bonk games are the best on the system.

I been messing with R-Type and Blazing Lazers. Somewhere in the middle stages of both those games. I'm not pro at shooters.

lukester

« Reply #3544 on: November 05, 2015, 02:34:45 PM »
Just beat Lords of Thunder. What an amazing game!

Great stage design, imaginative enemies and an epic soundtrack. And a cool shop.

Definitely the "Rondo of shooters". A+ stuff

Punch

« Reply #3545 on: November 05, 2015, 05:30:34 PM »

Bonk games are the best on the system.

I been messing with R-Type and Blazing Lazers. Somewhere in the middle stages of both those games. I'm not pro at shooters.

I always go back to RTYPE only to fail over and over at the mid stage checkpoint on level 4...

ginoscope

« Reply #3546 on: November 06, 2015, 08:47:21 AM »
Had to work late last night until about 10pm from home.  Afterward I could not sleep so it was time to play.

I played all the way through Double Dragon II on the super cd.  This was a pretty good version of the game and the music was nice.

The platform jumps weren't as annoying as the nes veriosn of this game.  Overall the duo put me to bed lol. 

Still trying to finish Cosmic Fantasy 2 I am really close to the end but losing interest in the game.  These old RPGs can be pretty annoying.  I may devote some time to it this weekend.

ginoscope

« Reply #3547 on: November 06, 2015, 08:50:10 AM »
Just beat Lords of Thunder. What an amazing game!

Great stage design, imaginative enemies and an epic soundtrack. And a cool shop.

Definitely the "Rondo of shooters". A+ stuff

I just put Lords of Thunder on the other day and man is that intro epic.  It gets you so pumped up to play the game.  I need to play through that again soon.

NightWolve

« Reply #3548 on: November 06, 2015, 08:53:33 AM »
I just put Lords of Thunder on the other day and man is that intro epic.  It gets you so pumped up to play the game.  I need to play through that again soon.

It's a good soundtrack, with one track that really stands out, but the Gate of Thunder soundtrack was just fantastic, so much better and one of the greatest in videogame history I think next to the Ys titles.

Punch

« Reply #3549 on: November 06, 2015, 02:38:33 PM »
I'm playing all sorts of stuff, but mainly China Warrior and R-Type (the last one through the Super Hucard iso, don't have the actual chip). Funny that I received the booties but really didn't touch any besides to test em. Maybe I'll play some M&M3 later, that's a game that I've been always looking forward to play.

Punch

« Reply #3550 on: November 07, 2015, 06:40:04 PM »
Sorry for the double post but it's not my fault that people aren't obeying enough to post here!

My god Might and Magic 3 is great. I'm not a veteran of western RPGs but I love the few dungeon crawlers I've played before (King's Field on the PS1, Silent Debuggers, etc.), so I might be a little bit biased, but the game is extremely polished, the world seems to be huge and it is presented well by the graphics, making the atmosphere great. I just wish it wasn't laggy, the game's animations sometimes crawl to a snail's pace and your controls are kinda stiff because of it, which is specially weird for a game that is half menu navigation half walking! Another problem is that it takes the WHOLE duo memory so the only "save game" that can reside on the console is from M&M3 because of how much stuff the game has to keep track of. Aside from that the game is a treat, and a VERY good port from the PC in all departments!

Kinda sad that this isn't talked about much because of the prices it commanded for being a late TTi release, thankfully the "cease fire" discs provided by tobias is making this game accessible and I would say half of the users here at least have the means to play it as it was intended to be. Might and Magic 3 will probably be the only disc that will sit in my Duo's CD drive until I beat it. What a game. If you're a fan of western style computer dungeon crawlers/D&D style RPGs go seek a copy to play, you won't regret it.

NightWolve

« Reply #3551 on: November 07, 2015, 08:17:44 PM »
thankfully the "cease fire" discs provided by tobias is making this game accessible

Hah, purty apt way to put it. ;)

seieienbu

« Reply #3552 on: November 08, 2015, 07:12:16 AM »
I've been playing Beyond Shadowgate courtesy of Bernie et al.  I've seen bits of it before but never actually played it for myself.  The game's art is fantastic; it looks like I'm walking through a bunch of paintings.  The animation is great and the game is interesting to play. 

I've been a fan of point and click adventures for years.  The Quest for Glory series is my favorite with the fourth game there being the pinnacle of the genre imho.  I also played the original Shadowgate on NES back when it was new.  Without mouse controls the game plays a little bit clunky but good enough for sure.  Being able to play an early 90s point and click adventure for the first time is a really great usage of my weekend.  Perhaps I'll hunt down a copy of Shadowgate 64 at some point now to finish the series up.

Kinda sad that this isn't talked about much because of the prices it commanded for being a late TTi release, thankfully the "cease fire" discs provided by tobias is making this game accessible and I would say half of the users here at least have the means to play it as it was intended to be. Might and Magic 3 will probably be the only disc that will sit in my Duo's CD drive until I beat it. What a game. If you're a fan of western style computer dungeon crawlers/D&D style RPGs go seek a copy to play, you won't regret it.

Well said and I'd add that this holds true for Beyond Shadowgate as well (though the genre specific stuff would have to do with point and click adventure games and not RPGs).
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

munchiaz

« Reply #3553 on: November 08, 2015, 07:57:09 AM »
working on a 1cc for street fighter II championship edition. I can usually get to dictator then i lose. I use Ryu for the playthrough

grolt

« Reply #3554 on: November 08, 2015, 08:16:09 AM »
Made it through Valis II today - fun game with some challenge for the last few levels.  The actual bosses are all a pushover, but it's kind of a nice reprieve after some of the frustrating enemies or cheap hits that you incur during the level.  The voice acting for the bosses is also some of the worst ever, haha.  I really did like the cut scenes though, a lot of nice uses of framing and the subject matter is surprisingly mature (both in content, like the severed limbs and blood, but also in delivery, as the ending resonates with a sophisticated sadness that you rarely see in games).  It's kind of a cheap and simple game, but it's fairly addicting trying to memorize the patterns and progress further in the game.  The epic music certainly makes it an easier grind as well.  I popped in Valis III just to test it out and that looks to be an improvement in terms of design, gameplay and presentation, although I can see already I'm going to be frustrated to hell with that jump back Yuko does whenever she's hit.

I also made some progress in New Adventure Island.  Pretty impressed so far - very lively worlds with animation and parallax on multiple planes, and that same fast, simple and fun gameplay that made me love the series all those years ago on the NES.  What's...uh...with the "Showtime" dances after you finish a world though?
I'm a notorious strange man.