Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91624 times)

Bardoly

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3600 on: November 29, 2015, 11:42:50 AM »
Clear # 42 - Bakuretsu Hunter

I didn't take a picture of the credits, but I did watch all the way through it.  Although I don't understand Japanese, sometimes I could get the gist of what was happening.  It is a non-interactive digital manga comic.

martinine

« Reply #3601 on: November 29, 2015, 12:07:09 PM »
I accidentally erased my save in Cosmic Fantasy 2, so I restarted. I'm good and past where I was (the beginning of Babette's segment), but I'm now back to Van. I just saved Pico, and we are heading to Fort Dalas to save Babette. I think I'm getting near the end, but not too sure. Next I might move onto the Shadowgate games (first one on NES then Beyond Shadowgate on Duo).
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

Groover

« Reply #3602 on: November 29, 2015, 04:08:39 PM »
I'm trying to figure where the last 4% in Dracula is left. I have been 96% for a while. Nearly played through all again but I love playing the game.
Also I have been playing with Beyond Shadowgate. Thanks Bernie.

Still banging away at Gate of Thunder but I'm not good at it. I think I might have a better chance if I had a friend over passing it back and fourth.

ginoscope

« Reply #3603 on: November 30, 2015, 03:01:30 AM »
I accidentally erased my save in Cosmic Fantasy 2, so I restarted. I'm good and past where I was (the beginning of Babette's segment), but I'm now back to Van. I just saved Pico, and we are heading to Fort Dalas to save Babette. I think I'm getting near the end, but not too sure. Next I might move onto the Shadowgate games (first one on NES then Beyond Shadowgate on Duo).

You're getting close to the end keep at it.  I recently finished Cosmic Fantasy II and I took a break around the time I got to the Fort Dalas.  After that it was smooth sailing.  The party stays full which helps with the slow battles.  You probably have 5-10 hours depending how much you grind.

ginoscope

« Reply #3604 on: November 30, 2015, 03:04:51 AM »
After beating Exile Wicked Phenomenon I been taking it easy playing some games I can finish easier.

Over Thanksgiving I was playing Riot Zone, Monster Lair, and Dragon's Curse.  I have never really played the wonder boy games so may to do a marathon of those. 

martinine

« Reply #3605 on: November 30, 2015, 04:34:54 AM »

You're getting close to the end keep at it.  I recently finished Cosmic Fantasy II and I took a break around the time I got to the Fort Dalas.  After that it was smooth sailing.  The party stays full which helps with the slow battles.  You probably have 5-10 hours depending how much you grind.

Thanks for the heads up. It really felt like I was getting to the end.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

gheebee

« Reply #3606 on: November 30, 2015, 08:21:48 AM »
Started playing Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair and Dracula X earlier today. I really didn't expect much from Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair because of some of the reviews I've seen but now that I give it a try I like it quite a bit. Still haven't played a Wonder Boy or Adventure Island game that I didn't like!  Dracula X seemed a lot harder than back when I first tried it but I was able to make some decent progress there. Really wish we could whip diagonally in this game, I'm too used to Bloodlines!

jtucci31

« Reply #3607 on: December 11, 2015, 11:56:24 AM »
I played a little Atlantean as per the GotW.

I had also started Dragon Slayer and got about 3 hours in. It's pretty fun, not as great as CF2 or anything, but I still enjoyed it a lot. The music in it is pretty great as is the story itself. Simple, but enough to keep me entertained.

However, I had an itch to play some Popful Mail so I switched over to that. It's been really fun. I think I take to action platforming rpgs more, or just action rpgs in general. There's a bit more action and it keeps me going slightly longer. After I beat this, I'll probably move on to Dynastic Hero thanks to the Turbo Xpress peoples.

In short, I wish my semester would end so I could have time to sit in front of my TV and finish all of these games.

EmperorIng

« Reply #3608 on: December 11, 2015, 02:40:59 PM »
I finally beat Auleria the other night. Just in time to sell it!

It was a very unpleasant surprise getting to the final boss and being completely unable to harm him based on too-low stats. It turns out I needed a sword (called BLACK'S) from this tree dungeon, which gave me a high enough attack stat to hurt the final boss. The one exception to this is a sword found in the final, uh, "dungeon" (which is just a set of empty staircases with the occasional NPC), with a sword (called WHITE'S) which was very weak, but ignored invincibility frames or something so did huge damage to the second form of the final boss.

Both Xak and Auleria do this thing which if you are too low a level, you cannot hurt the boss. This is really lame, in my opinion, as I feel it balances the game towards the "unfair" part of the spectrum.

Since I don't know Japanese I didn't give a shit about the story cinematics, lol. I guess they found their long-lost brother or something. Or something.

Gypsy

« Reply #3609 on: December 11, 2015, 02:50:22 PM »
I've been playing Genji Tsushin Agedama lately. It's pretty fun, but I suck so I haven't beaten it yet.

CatPix

« Reply #3610 on: December 14, 2015, 11:12:20 AM »
I'm trying to figure where the last 4% in Dracula is left. I have been 96% for a while. Nearly played through all again but I love playing the game.
Also I have been playing with Beyond Shadowgate. Thanks Bernie.

Still banging away at Gate of Thunder but I'm not good at it. I think I might have a better chance if I had a friend over passing it back and fourth.
Have you found Maria and played to the end with her?
I'm at 96% too, but I haven't beat Dracula with Belmont yet, so I assume the remaining 4% are for the "other" ending.

As for me, I started playing Dynastic Warrior. If only more J RPG were this way, I could play mroe of them.

gj-16

« Reply #3611 on: December 16, 2015, 04:37:44 AM »
Playing Gate and Winds heavily again, still amazed by the quality of these two every time I partake.

Gypsy

« Reply #3612 on: December 17, 2015, 02:04:29 PM »
Playing Ys. About halfway through the first game at the moment. The bump system is a bit silly, but overall the game is quite fun.

lukester

« Reply #3613 on: December 17, 2015, 03:08:58 PM »
Have recently played Bonk 3 and Mr heli. Both are great games!

Bonk 3 takes a few steps forward and a few steps back. Overall though, great game with iffy music and an excellent final boss that concludes the trilogy.

Mr heli has always been one of my favorite games ever. I love the jazzy stage 2 theme.

Gypsy

« Reply #3614 on: December 17, 2015, 10:51:22 PM »
I know some people here don't like Bonk 3 as much but I had a fun time with that game as well. Wouldn't say it's better than the second game though.