Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91731 times)

martinine

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3690 on: January 26, 2016, 11:18:45 AM »
Bomberman '94 is fantastic!!!
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

grolt

« Reply #3691 on: January 26, 2016, 03:16:47 PM »
Have been busy but managed to get a few minutes in of Cratermaze. Easy game but fun with the variety and upgradeability of all the power ups. I always consider Turbo to be the king of shooters, but when you look at Crater, Chew Man Fu, Splash Lake, and the Bombermans, it was pretty damn good at the top down puzzlers too!
I'm a notorious strange man.

esteban

« Reply #3692 on: January 27, 2016, 12:23:59 AM »

Have been busy but managed to get a few minutes in of Cratermaze. Easy game but fun with the variety and upgradeability of all the power ups. I always consider Turbo to be the king of shooters, but when you look at Crater, Chew Man Fu, Splash Lake, and the Bombermans, it was pretty damn good at the top down puzzlers too!

Le Batman
  |    | 

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3693 on: January 27, 2016, 12:56:35 AM »
Played some Space Invaders last night....what I assume was the "classic mode" selection on the left was pretty damn boring but the right hand option on the title screen for like a remixed/new graphics version (with power ups!) is pretty fun.

RSS

« Reply #3694 on: January 27, 2016, 03:39:01 AM »
Power Sports - Training mode. Shooting -  Clay pigeon shooting

esteban

« Reply #3695 on: January 27, 2016, 08:11:26 AM »

Played some Space Invaders last night....what I assume was the "classic mode" selection on the left was pretty damn boring but the right hand option on the title screen for like a remixed/new graphics version (with power ups!) is pretty fun.

Classic mode sucks.

It's the updated version that is totally fun.  :)
  |    | 

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3696 on: January 28, 2016, 01:46:58 AM »
Definitely Esteban. Love the power ups in the updated mode, and how much faster it plays...I really hate the diagonal shots the enemies now throw at you though. 

spawnshop

« Reply #3697 on: February 06, 2016, 09:00:01 AM »
Been playing Sidearms and Aero Blasters.   I'm not very good at both....haha.
Sidearms is cool, but crazy hectic.  I like Aero Blaster better though.   

martinine

« Reply #3698 on: February 06, 2016, 01:12:01 PM »
I played Aeroblasters last night. Pretty tough. I remember thinking it was SO hard when I was a kid. My buddy bought Aeroblasters and I bought Sidearms the same day. I was jealous. The parallax is awesome in Aeroblasters. I STILL can't beat Sidearms.

On a side note, I've been playing a lot of Gate of Thunder. So good. Just like everyone, I wish the background music was louder.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3699 on: February 07, 2016, 03:15:53 AM »
I played Aeroblasters last night. Pretty tough. I remember thinking it was SO hard when I was a kid. My buddy bought Aeroblasters and I bought Sidearms the same day. I was jealous. The parallax is awesome in Aeroblasters. I STILL can't beat Sidearms.

On a side note, I've been playing a lot of Gate of Thunder. So good. Just like everyone, I wish the background music was louder.

Been playing Sidearms and Aero Blasters.   I'm not very good at both....haha.
Sidearms is cool, but crazy hectic.  I like Aero Blaster better though.

They are both challenging games, and I like shootemups.

So don't feel bad if it takes a lot of practice with both games.

:)
  |    | 

gusmoney

« Reply #3700 on: February 08, 2016, 03:15:38 PM »
Been playing Sidearms... Sidearms is cool, but crazy hectic.

I cannot put Sidearms down, nice title.  Graphics are top notch.  The box art is glued into my mind for whatever reason when I play this. 

I have also been playing Ryukyu.  Nice little poker puzzler.  Those guys at FACE make some damn fine games and can turn anything into a puzzle (money, cards, etc).

Punch

« Reply #3701 on: February 10, 2016, 05:49:53 AM »

I cannot put Sidearms down, nice title.  Graphics are top notch.  The box art is glued into my mind for whatever reason when I play this. 

Probably because of the shiny, chromed crotch of the protagonist.

EmperorIng

« Reply #3702 on: February 10, 2016, 06:22:54 AM »
Giving up on Shubibinman 2. Anything less than a charge-shot is useless (a pet peeve of mine in action platformers). Your bullets are so small that it's a wonder you will hit anything. Two slow auto-scrolling stages in a row further kills any sense of momentum. Followed by... more stages with slow auto-scrolling segments.

If someone wants it take it off my hands in my sales thread.  8)

At least the third game, for as painfully easy as it is, is fun to play.

Also playing Hellfire S. Why would the default setting be "Easy", and only go up to "Normal"? Normal isn't even that hard! A neat thing others pointed out to me is that if you destroy a power-up carrier with your back-shot, it releases three power-up or bonus icons instead of one. It forces you to plan on back-shooting them for maximum effectiveness and points gain.

I'm having fun with it, though my gut feeling is that the Genesis/MD port is the stronger game.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:26:41 AM by EmperorIng »

escarioth

« Reply #3703 on: February 10, 2016, 12:14:51 PM »
took quite a break from TG16 for some months.
(too much of usual routine stuff)  ](*,)

BUT tryed at last Neutopia for the first time and i LIKE it.
zelda similarities are fun to spot  :dance:
and i didnt know you could save on intern memory ! :D :D :D

i'm pretty sure everybody knows about the game already but if you dont give it a try :)
US Hucards     :  83/94
US CD-games  : 40/44
total complete with boxes 54/111

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #3704 on: February 10, 2016, 03:05:02 PM »
Oops, wrong thread. But to answer it properly, I've been playing Soldier Blade again. Just a super fun romp through and through.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:12:44 PM by o.pwuaioc »