Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91458 times)

crazydean

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3765 on: May 18, 2016, 03:23:58 PM »
Pfft!  If you wussy scrubs can't handle Darm Tower, what'll you do when you get to Solomon Shrine and the Canals?  :P

This was so frustrating. That game need a freaking map.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3766 on: May 19, 2016, 04:33:49 AM »
This was so frustrating. That game need a freaking map.

Like the one that came with the retail version?  I never could've beaten it without that map. 

Seriously, those areas can be a bit trying, but I never thought they were that hard.  At least the scenery changes and there's a few landmarks to help you know where you are, as opposed to games like Order of the Griffon where room after room looks the same.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

NightWolve

« Reply #3767 on: May 19, 2016, 12:16:18 PM »
Anybody know anything about Ys V? It seems pretty cool but only the "Easy" version is translated.

Eh, I'm not impressed with it, but it is another great technical accomplishment for Gideon Zhi to have finished hacking it after being stuck on it for so many years! I'm not keen on ever playing it though given the XSEED criminal who served as the translator (NeoGeo's one-and-only cock-flasher), so that's a bit of a sticking point for me.

As for "Easy" version, you're referring to the fact that there's another copy of the game with the "Expert" subtitle that changed the difficulty and the patch wasn't advanced to also apply to it. I guess it's not much of a priority to Gideon having finally gotten the patch out at least for the main one.

An aside, I actually gave up in the middle of "Ys IV: Mask of the Sun" [SNES] - I got a bit stuck, quit for a while, but when I returned again to figure it out, I realized how bored I had gotten with it and just didn't care anymore to beat it for the sake of beating it... It's weird, I loved my SNES growing up, but the 2 Ys titles for it don't have any special hold/appreciation on me like the PC Engine/TG-16 and the Windows PC titles. "Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys" is the superior version in every way even if Falcom marked "Mask of the Sun" as canon (which only a few Ys geeks know and care about in evaluating between the two).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:41:52 AM by NightWolve »

EmperorIng

« Reply #3768 on: May 19, 2016, 01:03:58 PM »
Finally am trying out Magicoal. The music is top-notch, but the menu is cumbersome. I will need to really peruse Digi.K's excellent topic/guide to get a better handle on it.

I thought it was going to be a zelda open-world RPG, but it's actually (thus far) more a series of smaller arenas/areas split up as chapters.

martinine

« Reply #3769 on: May 22, 2016, 03:48:44 PM »
I'm really loving Ys IV: Dawn of Ys. Fantastic in every way.

Thanks Nightwolve for that translation. It's superb!

I just entered Darm Tower. I really like how this game has bits from the prior entires sprinkled in for fun!
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3770 on: May 23, 2016, 04:35:04 AM »
I got about 15 mins of Mysterious Song in the other night. Died 3 times between the first two towns. Decided, this was not a Saturday night/drinking beer game. That's my excuse anyway.

SoulflySolid

« Reply #3771 on: May 23, 2016, 10:13:21 AM »
Finished watching the 5 episodes of Chronturbo that are up. Decided to fire up some Side Arms. I made it pretty far into the game before losing all my continues. It's definitely not as bad as Dr. S says, reminds me a lot of Section Z

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3772 on: May 26, 2016, 07:06:37 AM »
Played some Valkyrie No Densetsu when I got sick of grinding in Mysterious Song...really fun once I adjusted to the perspective for the jumps. I keep getting to the damn second level boss right as my power up wear off though...and then he tree-hands my ass to me.

chemdream

« Reply #3773 on: May 30, 2016, 01:36:20 PM »
Bomber man '94 over and over and over again...

Consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Wii, TG16, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS3, PS4, PSP, Vita, 3DS
Cabinets: Neo Geo, Capcom 18-in-1, CPS-II Multi, Donkey Kong, DK Junior, Dig Dug, Centipede, Tron, Simpsons 4 player, Nintendo VS

roflmao

« Reply #3774 on: May 30, 2016, 02:16:59 PM »
Yesterday was a Turbo day for me. I spent a good chunk of time playing Gradius, Air Zonk (which I finally beat!), Devil's Crush, and Super Star Soldier. Man I suck at SSS.

Today I remembered how bad I am at Street Fighter II (once upon a time I was half decent, I swear!) and then played some Soldier Blade. Such an amazing soundtrack!

Gypsy

« Reply #3775 on: June 06, 2016, 11:40:51 PM »
I finally beat that sob Nexzr recently.

Waiting on Soldier Blade in the mail but I've got Spriggan to try and beat before that gets here.

Been having a lot of fun playing Dungeon Explorer multi-player as well.

Dragon

« Reply #3776 on: June 07, 2016, 11:22:54 AM »
Just finished playing through Y's 1-4 (thanks for your work on Dawn of Y’s NightWolve, hell of a game.), and now I'm playing New Adventure Island.

Groover

« Reply #3777 on: June 09, 2016, 01:48:32 PM »
I played some Blazing Lazers, Cadash, and Bonk's Adventure today on my Turbo Express. It was a fun relaxing day.

Gypsy

« Reply #3778 on: June 10, 2016, 04:17:24 AM »
I had a lot of fun with Cyber Core last night. A tad on the easy side as shooters of this era go. The Engrish was lol.

MasonSushi

« Reply #3779 on: June 10, 2016, 07:11:09 AM »
A friend and i sat down and beat Last Alert last night in one sitting. Had a great time. Infanite continues and the fact that you dont loose your rank when uou die means you will eventually beat it given enough attempts. Now we go to pick something else to beat. I suggest everybody play the game.