Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91605 times)

Kappa

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3855 on: July 29, 2016, 09:35:04 AM »
Been playing a bunch of Puzzle Boy and Parasol Stars these last few days, pretty good if you your expecting something to happen so you can drop them instantly.

Gredler

« Reply #3856 on: July 29, 2016, 10:10:21 AM »
Was this your first time playing Ys? Great game. Don't play the DS version LOL.

Dungeon Explorer is good fun too. Been playing 2 player with a friend lately.

Yes I was a long time listener first time player on both Ys I & II and Dungeon Explorer. Both highly impressed and stood up to le hype :) I haven't gone back and played any PCE since that post, but DE will be in the incentive to play again.

SoulflySolid

« Reply #3857 on: August 05, 2016, 07:58:18 AM »
Got a PCE works copy of Godzilla the other day, been trying to unlock most of the monsters. Sometimes the AI just stands there, other times it kicks my ass. Fun game though. Sound effects are awesome

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

EmperorIng

« Reply #3858 on: August 05, 2016, 08:13:19 AM »
I 1CC'd Xevious' arrange mode on the PCE last night; now I want to take a serious stab at KiKi KaiKai. Taito's shooter is very tough and extremely twitchy. As another pal of mine put it, it walks the line between memorizer and pure twitch-reflex shooter.

i'm a big fanboy of Taito though so I'm helplessly drawn in to even their meaner earlier works. I'd like the arcade port of KiKi KaiKai on the PS2 more if it didn't seem to mess up the sound-effects of the shot vs. MAME - it's a high-pitched grating sound that makes me lose interest.

The shot sound on the PCE port isn't great, but at least it isn't as bad as the game-ruining SFX for New Zealand Story.

Gypsy

« Reply #3859 on: August 05, 2016, 10:52:35 AM »
Bomberman 93. Finally, my multi-tap gets more love. :D

munchiaz

« Reply #3860 on: August 09, 2016, 02:43:12 AM »
I was lucky enough to get a Henshin Engine demo. Played it a bit before i had to leave town for a few days. Going to play it again when i get back, and write up some stuff on it

ginoscope

« Reply #3861 on: August 09, 2016, 06:08:35 AM »
I was testing my pce duo to see how it looks on the xrgb mini and I was using bonk to test.  I have owned bonk for a long time but I have not played it much since I was a kid.  I actually got caught up playing it and made it almost to the very end.  Such a great game and brought back memories of playing it in 1990.

geise

« Reply #3862 on: August 11, 2016, 01:53:28 PM »
Still playing Dragon Slayer.  Been super busy and haven't had the time.  Now I will play some tonight!  Try to finish another chapter.

gheebee

« Reply #3863 on: August 12, 2016, 04:36:08 AM »
As I walked past the CRT setup this morning I suddenly had a really good feeling that today might be the day and decided to pop in New Adventure Island. 30 minutes later I finally achieved what I had failed countless times before to do, I beat the game without dying once!!! Even beat my best score in the process.
Next I will see if I can get 400000 or better ...yep, the fun never ends on New Adventure Island! :]

esteban

« Reply #3864 on: August 12, 2016, 04:38:26 AM »
As I walked past the CRT setup this morning I suddenly had a really good feeling that today might be the day and decided to pop in New Adventure Island. 30 minutes later I finally achieved what I had failed countless times before to do, I beat the game without dying once!!! Even beat my best score in the process.
Next I will see if I can get 400000 or better ...yep, the fun never ends on New Adventure Island! :]

Awesome.
  |    | 

nopepper

« Reply #3865 on: August 12, 2016, 12:47:50 PM »

Wow. Do you have a video of this feat?

I've found that if I take my time, the game is actually pretty easy, but I feel like such a badass when I've properly memorized a level and speed run through it, that I end up dying more than I should for trying to go too fast!

Such a great game; the more I play it, the more I appreciated it.

gheebee

« Reply #3866 on: August 12, 2016, 08:13:13 PM »

I've found that if I take my time, the game is actually pretty easy, but I feel like such a badass when I've properly memorized a level and speed run through it, that I end up dying more than I should for trying to go too fast!

Unfortunately I don't, just a screenshot from the end in the high score thread.
When I was trying to beat it for the first time I'd occasionally try and go slow but I feel like I always have to be running when I play this. As hard as it was at first to beat this, the game becomes a lot easier after that first time but also never seems to stop being fun. Picked this one up when I got back into TG16 about a year ago and it is easily my most played game.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:15:13 PM by gheebee »

esteban

« Reply #3867 on: August 13, 2016, 01:15:03 AM »

Unfortunately I don't, just a screenshot from the end in the high score thread.
When I was trying to beat it for the first time I'd occasionally try and go slow but I feel like I always have to be running when I play this. As hard as it was at first to beat this, the game becomes a lot easier after that first time but also never seems to stop being fun. Picked this one up when I got back into TG16 about a year ago and it is easily my most played game.

Wonderboy 1 (SMS)/Adventure Island I&II (NES)/New Adventure Island/________ all have fantastic replay value. I go back to them all the time. For decades.

_____ = JJ & Jeff, which not as many people like

|    | 

gheebee

« Reply #3868 on: August 13, 2016, 04:38:48 AM »
Wonderboy 1 (SMS)/Adventure Island I&II (NES)/New Adventure Island/________ all have fantastic replay value. I go back to them all the time. For decades.

_____ = JJ & Jeff, which not as many people like

I'll take more or less any Adventure Island or Wonder Boy game, can't get enough of either series and wish that someday we'd see a "Wonder Boy on Adventure Island" or "Master Higgins Meets Wonder Boy" game. :]  JJ & Jeff I enjoy but not nearly as much.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 04:40:57 AM by gheebee »

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3869 on: August 23, 2016, 05:08:02 AM »
Played some Hellfire, got frustrated. Wanted a change.

Switched to Bomberman Panic Bomber because puzzle games are light, refreshing fun right? Ha! f*ck no. I got through the first 4 levels because they're baby easy I assume...I have very little understanding of the mechanics of the game once the CPU starts...trying.