Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91593 times)

SoulflySolid

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3915 on: October 13, 2016, 08:30:18 AM »

Played through Valis 2 today

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

EmperorIng

« Reply #3916 on: October 13, 2016, 10:17:01 AM »
I beat Splatterhouse on Hard last night. It felt good to revisit the familiar locales and enemies, even in gimped-down form vs. their bloody arcade counterparts.

Hard mode is underwhelming, honestly. All the mode changes is that it doubles all enemy health. That's fine, I suppose, though it takes a bit of the fun out of whacking a green mud-man if he doesn't splat in one hit like the rest of 'em.

I wish they would have been more creative with Hard, like putting the slimy face-slugs back into Stage 2 like they were in the arcade. Or slight enemy placement tweaks. With the default difficulty being a bit too easy, the Arcade Splatterhouse still wins out as the best version, mechanically speaking (to say nothing of its obviously-better visuals).

esteban

« Reply #3917 on: October 13, 2016, 01:06:26 PM »
I beat Splatterhouse on Hard last night. It felt good to revisit the familiar locales and enemies, even in gimped-down form vs. their bloody arcade counterparts.

Hard mode is underwhelming, honestly. All the mode changes is that it doubles all enemy health. That's fine, I suppose, though it takes a bit of the fun out of whacking a green mud-man if he doesn't splat in one hit like the rest of 'em.

I wish they would have been more creative with Hard, like putting the slimy face-slugs back into Stage 2 like they were in the arcade. Or slight enemy placement tweaks. With the default difficulty being a bit too easy, the Arcade Splatterhouse still wins out as the best version, mechanically speaking (to say nothing of its obviously-better visuals).

Agreed. Not only is it easy, but it is really short (for a console game).

That said, I have had fun replaying the game over the years....probably because it is so short.

:)

|    | 

Gypsy

« Reply #3918 on: October 13, 2016, 01:08:22 PM »
Not turbo but, I didn't want to see if there was a non-turbo playing thread (I'm lazy). New personal best for me, took about an hour. @_@

munchiaz

« Reply #3919 on: October 14, 2016, 04:38:34 AM »
Played some Dragon Spirit last night. Pretty good arcade port. Really wish the dragon's hitbox wasn't so damn big. Thats honestly the hardest part about this game

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3920 on: October 17, 2016, 02:29:20 AM »
... Really wish the dragon's hitbox wasn't so damn big. Thats honestly the hardest part about this game
Granted, but that's part of the game. Saber is even better!

Got some Raiden in last night, or rather it drilled me a new one. So hard...

Did 7 rounds of Motoroader. Game gets a bad rap due to not being able to see ahead when you're in the lead and the fact that the computer controlled cars obviously CHEAT with upgrades. Still have fun with it tho.

Also re-re-started Nectaris 2 b/c I keep forgetting what turbob has my save file. I need to invest in a Tennokoe some day. MM/Nectaris is just the right amount stat and sim, plus part 2 has that baller orchestrated redbook.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

EmperorIng

« Reply #3921 on: October 17, 2016, 05:37:48 AM »
Played some Dragon Spirit last night. Pretty good arcade port. Really wish the dragon's hitbox wasn't so damn big. Thats honestly the hardest part about this game

The dragon's hitbox grows as your dragon grows. In the Namco Museum Vol. 5 port, the game itself even notes this and recommends that you limit yourself to two heads for maximum effectiveness.

I can't remember if the HuCard port is based off of the Old or New version of Dragon Spirit; the New version ups your speed and slightly shrinks the hitbox. I think the HuCard is New, because of the intro tune that plays before the 1st stage BGM (not present in Old).

blueraven

« Reply #3922 on: October 17, 2016, 05:40:32 AM »
Ninja Warriors, Neutopia, and TaleSpin.

Having fun with teh hueycardo
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

munchiaz

« Reply #3923 on: October 17, 2016, 06:27:32 AM »
Played a good amount of Cho Aniki yesterday. Made it to the end boss (i think) but couldn't beat it. Then had to put the game down to watch the KOF XIV finals at SCR

cccmar

« Reply #3924 on: October 26, 2016, 08:56:00 AM »
Out Live and Kihou Hisei XSERD - I'm trying out Japan exclusives I've never tried before for fun. XSERD is very similar to the recently translate Vixen 357 on SMD (in fact, I believe it is a prequel of sorts), so it's alright. Out Live... well, if you enjoy dungeon crawlers it is sorta interesting, if only because it is a) the first game by Sunsoft on the PC-Engine and b) it's a mech dungeon crawler.

MNKyDeth

« Reply #3925 on: October 26, 2016, 08:57:52 AM »
I think I am on the 4th map maybe 5th map on Vasteel. Trying to play in my spare time. Knock it out for can pcefx beat the games thread.

Galder

« Reply #3926 on: October 28, 2016, 09:11:36 AM »
Bloody wooooolf! *howls* Pure arcade entertainment!

Ayce

« Reply #3927 on: October 29, 2016, 03:52:06 PM »
Just had a good time playing through Splatterhouse Chrome.

esteban

« Reply #3928 on: October 29, 2016, 11:35:37 PM »
Chrome?
  |    | 

lukester

« Reply #3929 on: October 30, 2016, 01:13:57 AM »
Chrome?

The only PC engine rom hack (not counting translations)

Adds the meat cleaver from the arcade and switches around some stuff. I've never played it though