Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91633 times)

gex

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4020 on: January 19, 2017, 02:01:15 PM »
Yeah Popful Mail is great. Don't know that I'll ever bother with the PCE version since I have it on Sega CD and have no arcade card.

Oh no way,  I had no idea it was for the PCE as well.  Let alone it needs the arcade card to work, I wonder if you can emulate the arcade chip with an everdrive?

Mathius

« Reply #4021 on: January 19, 2017, 02:24:14 PM »
I recommend owning both the Sega Cd and PCE versions of Popful Mail. They compliment one another nicely due to their gaping differences.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

MisterCrash

« Reply #4022 on: January 19, 2017, 02:40:04 PM »
Popful Mail actually doesn't need the arcade card to work. It's a Super CD, but is enhanced with the arcade card (similar to Brandish). I think the arcade card reduces load times, but I haven't done a comparison test.

Gypsy

« Reply #4023 on: January 19, 2017, 03:03:26 PM »
Yeah Popful Mail is great. Don't know that I'll ever bother with the PCE version since I have it on Sega CD and have no arcade card.

Oh no way,  I had no idea it was for the PCE as well.  Let alone it needs the arcade card to work, I wonder if you can emulate the arcade chip with an everdrive?

Not yet unfortunately but

Popful Mail actually doesn't need the arcade card to work. It's a Super CD, but is enhanced with the arcade card (similar to Brandish). I think the arcade card reduces load times, but I haven't done a comparison test.

This is true.

I recommend owning both the Sega Cd and PCE versions of Popful Mail. They compliment one another nicely due to their gaping differences.

From what I've seen all the versions are pretty different except for PC-88 compared PCE which are similar. For anyone that wants to play it on the cheap, there is the SFC version, but it's far from ideal. The colour on the PCE version cutscenes is of course waaaay better than the Sega CD version. Soon I will trick myself into buying the PCE version....

Mathius

« Reply #4024 on: January 19, 2017, 03:44:23 PM »
It'd be cool if some of us could insert English voice acting into the PCE version of Popful Mail similar to what Nightwolve and co. did with Ys IV. And the other cool thing about this version is the cutscenes show different aspects and locations compared to the MD's.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

gex

« Reply #4025 on: January 25, 2017, 05:38:33 AM »
It'd be cool if some of us could insert English voice acting into the PCE version of Popful Mail similar to what Nightwolve and co. did with Ys IV. And the other cool thing about this version is the cutscenes show different aspects and locations compared to the MD's.

That would be sweet with popful mail

jtucci31

« Reply #4026 on: March 05, 2017, 02:47:30 AM »
Some friends of mine from school and I have been playing Dungeon Explorer 2. Last year we played through the entire first game and loved it so now we're finally getting to the second one.

The music is great and we are still able to just walk around and figure out where the hell to go. The cutscenes are pretty sweet too.

Our only problem so far came yesterday when I gambled away all of our lives at blackjack, f*ck that grim reaper looking motherf*cker. I did ok on my first two hands then lost like 6 hands in a row.

esadajr

« Reply #4027 on: March 07, 2017, 09:06:48 AM »
Moteke Tamago. It was mentioned the other day and decided to give it a shot. A fun addictive game.
Gaming since 1985

SoulflySolid

« Reply #4028 on: March 13, 2017, 02:28:09 AM »
Aero Blasters. Was reading an old EGM where it was reviewed, realized I never really gave the game much of a chance. It's pretty good and challenging.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

MisterCrash

« Reply #4029 on: March 13, 2017, 04:38:54 AM »
I'm going back to am old favorite and tackling Dungeon Explorer II again. This time, I'm trying out a lot more character switching, which I don't recall doing much in the past.

esteban

« Reply #4030 on: March 20, 2017, 02:59:55 PM »
I'm going back to am old favorite and tackling Dungeon Explorer II again. This time, I'm trying out a lot more character switching, which I don't recall doing much in the past.

Lazers via Mr. Roboto = mega power

:)
  |    | 

EmperorIng

« Reply #4031 on: March 20, 2017, 03:20:05 PM »
RayXanber II for me. 1CC'ing the game might be a futile effort on my part. The ice stage of level 4 contains so many assholish enemy surprise assaults. After a while you just get worn down and turn off the machine.  ](*,)

Gypsy

« Reply #4032 on: March 20, 2017, 05:27:31 PM »
RayXanber II for me. 1CC'ing the game might be a futile effort on my part. The ice stage of level 4 contains so many assholish enemy surprise assaults. After a while you just get worn down and turn off the machine.  ](*,)

Kudos for even friggin trying if I am remembering right that one is quite hard.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #4033 on: March 21, 2017, 01:27:44 AM »
I am in the market for a new Hu Card based game.

Something different.

Any recommendations?  It can be NA or JO (PCE). So long as the game is English friendly. Be it a platforms, shooter. What have you. I have most of the common every day stuff.

I just don't know what game to try out that's "new" which to add to my TG16 goodness.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4034 on: March 21, 2017, 02:53:06 AM »
I am in the market for a new Hu Card based game.

Something different.

Any recommendations?  It can be NA or JO (PCE). So long as the game is English friendly. Be it a platforms, shooter. What have you. I have most of the common every day stuff.

I just don't know what game to try out that's "new" which to add to my TG16 goodness.

Hatris!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles