Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91543 times)

Freeway2

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4095 on: May 18, 2017, 06:32:26 AM »
     I fired up super air zonk and got distracted doing something else and the same annoying song just kept looping over and over.  I tried going into it with a open mind but it really pisses me off lol.  Im glad im not trying to collect/obtain all of the US cd's as that would be one messed up purchase with the prices it commands.  Paying close to a hundred bucks was bad enough.   :twisted:
“If I took this cigarette and put it out on you would you love me”

Gypsy

« Reply #4096 on: May 18, 2017, 07:15:14 AM »
I cleared PC Genjin 3 and PC Denjin again over the last week for funsies. Working on Download currently. Played some again early this AM, FAILURE.

Gypsy

« Reply #4097 on: May 20, 2017, 03:15:21 PM »
Cleared Download tonight. Last stage was rough for me lol.

crazydean

« Reply #4098 on: May 20, 2017, 08:18:04 PM »
Glad to see there are people who don't care for Super Air Zonk. I've tried this game a few times and find the graphics too distracting. The upgrade system feels all over the place too.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

gex

« Reply #4099 on: May 21, 2017, 08:27:14 AM »
Cybercore.
Or
CyberCore?
Or
Cyber Core?

My friends and I call it that bug shooter

MNKyDeth

« Reply #4100 on: May 21, 2017, 09:51:53 AM »
Revisiting Neutopia

Been some years since I played it and beat it. Currently in the third area...  The sky area. I just got the strongest shield and working my way through that dungeon. Then there is one more in this area and then to the door behind the old lady.

I will use we had more games like this really. I love exploring all the screens and trying to find anything in the game. Took me like an hour to remember where the guy was with the falcon boots. And I stumbled around that area until I found an NPC that gave me a hint to where he was.

I am thinking of playing Neutopia 2 afterwards and beat them back to back. But that might be for tomorrow. Haven't decided yet.

esteban

« Reply #4101 on: May 21, 2017, 01:09:18 PM »
Revisiting Neutopia

Been some years since I played it and beat it. Currently in the third area...  The sky area. I just got the strongest shield and working my way through that dungeon. Then there is one more in this area and then to the door behind the old lady.

I will use we had more games like this really. I love exploring all the screens and trying to find anything in the game. Took me like an hour to remember where the guy was with the falcon boots. And I stumbled around that area until I found an NPC that gave me a hint to where he was.

I am thinking of playing Neutopia 2 afterwards and beat them back to back. But that might be for tomorrow. Haven't decided yet.

Awesome.

My kids are going play Neutopia and Zelda NES this summer, I think. I'm not sure if they will like it, yet.
  |    | 

Mathius

« Reply #4102 on: May 21, 2017, 02:17:13 PM »
Revisiting Neutopia

Awesome.

My kids are going play Neutopia and Zelda NES this summer, I think. I'm not sure if they will like it, yet.
Try an experiment and make them play Neutopia before exposing them to Zelda. Most of us never had that opportunity. Might be interesting to see how they react.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

MrMarth

« Reply #4103 on: May 21, 2017, 03:30:14 PM »
I just 100%-ed Rondo of Blood last night, boy that felt rewarding and satisfying. It's actually been a really long time since i've had the time to play a retro game to completion.
This TV looks like an apple

crazydean

« Reply #4104 on: May 21, 2017, 06:03:11 PM »
Played through Neutopia and Zelda NES for the first time within the past year or so. I found Neutopia to be the better of the two but it's a pretty obvious copy.

Personally I didn't much care for the original Zelda even though I would put Link to the Past and Ocarina or Time in my top ten. I've found that the people who revere it so highly are the ones who played it back in the day when there wasn't much to compare it to.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

gheebee

« Reply #4105 on: May 22, 2017, 04:05:00 AM »
Played through God Panic last night and while I like the game quite a bit for it’s weird/silly art I can’t get over how easy it was since I was able to beat this game after playing it just 3 or 4 times. After you beat the 5 levels the game resets and you have to replay the levels with slightly different artwork but that’s really it, the game doesn’t even appear to get any harder the second time it makes you run through it. All in all it’s a decent game, I just hoped it would be a bit longer.

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4106 on: May 22, 2017, 09:37:46 AM »
Played through God Panic last night and while I like the game quite a bit for it’s weird/silly art I can’t get over how easy it was since I was able to beat this game after playing it just 3 or 4 times. After you beat the 5 levels the game resets and you have to replay the levels with slightly different artwork but that’s really it, the game doesn’t even appear to get any harder the second time it makes you run through it. All in all it’s a decent game, I just hoped it would be a bit longer.

It is ridiculously easy (like Star Parodia), but do this for a nice challenge:

(1) Use a TurboStick
(2) Steer with left foot, shoot with right foot.
(3) This is fun with friends, of course, to determine if anyone has genuine Feet of Fury.

Yes, I've actually done this. And yes, folks immediately committed when they saw my nasty, nasty toes and leathery heels. My skin is so rough it actually actually SCRATCHED the TurboStick.

Played through Neutopia and Zelda NES for the first time within the past year or so. I found Neutopia to be the better of the two but it's a pretty obvious copy.

Personally I didn't much care for the original Zelda even though I would put Link to the Past and Ocarina or Time in my top ten. I've found that the people who revere it so highly are the ones who played it back in the day when there wasn't much to compare it to.

I love the original Zelda, but I played it when it was originally released, so I guess it is difficult for me to see the game as anything but a damn classic.

Try an experiment and make them play Neutopia before exposing them to Zelda. Most of us never had that opportunity. Might be interesting to see how they react.

Yes, that would be interesting, actually. It might help them stick with Zelda, too, since they have responded really well to games that I introduce on TG-16 first.

New Adventure Island/JJ & Jeff --> Adventure Island on NES.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:47:09 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Gypsy

« Reply #4107 on: May 22, 2017, 09:51:17 AM »
I'll be trying out a few new to me games tonight (just came in from Japan). Cheapies all of them. Will post my vapid thoughts on them.

Ranma, YYH and Road Spirits.

esteban

« Reply #4108 on: May 22, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »
I am still enjoying OPERATION WOLF.

Also, the artwork for this game is pretty spectacular for its meticulous composition of Uzi, Knife, Rose, pedals, giant splotch of blue paint.

|    | 

Mathius

« Reply #4109 on: May 22, 2017, 12:12:50 PM »
Played some Die Hard this morning just to listen to that silly first level tune. It's so stupid, yet infectious especially when that lead instrument kicks in. I love it.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406