Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91489 times)

Gypsy

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4110 on: May 22, 2017, 12:41:28 PM »
I'll be trying out a few new to me games tonight (just came in from Japan). Cheapies all of them. Will post my vapid thoughts on them.

Ranma, YYH and Road Spirits.

The YYH game honestly just isn't very good. Feels like it should be a light gun game. It's annoying to move the cursor with the dpad. Maybe this game is mouse compatible and that would help, idk.

The Ranma game (the super cd one) is excellent. Fun scenes in between rounds and the gameplay is good enough for a basic brawler.

Road Spirits is exactly what I expected, an average Outrun clone. Gets the job done and thankfully has select-able music to prevent insanity.

gheebee

« Reply #4111 on: May 22, 2017, 04:05:48 PM »
(1) Use a TurboStick
(2) Steer with left foot, shoot with right foot.

Funny you should suggest this because while I don't have a Turbo Stick I have a NES Advantage and reading that made me remember trying to do exactly this with it and a some NES game when I was a kid. I didn't do well, iirc. Maybe I'll finally see about getting the old NES Advantage working again soon...

esteban

« Reply #4112 on: May 23, 2017, 09:38:09 AM »
(1) Use a TurboStick
(2) Steer with left foot, shoot with right foot.

Funny you should suggest this because while I don't have a Turbo Stick I have a NES Advantage and reading that made me remember trying to do exactly this with it and a some NES game when I was a kid. I didn't do well, iirc. Maybe I'll finally see about getting the old NES Advantage working again soon...

I might make a video if I can play some games decently enough with my feet.

:)

I'm not joking.
  |    | 

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4113 on: May 26, 2017, 02:58:07 AM »
So I finally got a copy of Ninja Gaiden, I've wanted it forever...why did I bother getting a copy of Ninja Gaiden? I think the NES game is  just as good and the scrolling in the PC Engine version is almost enough to give me motion sickness.

And I still suck at it!  :D

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4114 on: May 26, 2017, 03:03:39 AM »

Road Spirits is exactly what I expected, an average Outrun clone. Gets the job done and thankfully has select-able music to prevent insanity.

I found it so damn easy it's practically a commuter simulation. But I'll admit I played it all the way through.

Track 5 kicks ass on the "stereo".

Gypsy

« Reply #4115 on: May 26, 2017, 03:48:29 AM »

I found it so damn easy it's practically a commuter simulation. But I'll admit I played it all the way through.

Well, I was wondering if it got more difficult but this answers my question LOL.

Got some sports games I was waiting on from Japan, so I know what I'm playing tonight. Power League 3/4 and the Italian licensed footy game.

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4116 on: May 26, 2017, 05:58:18 AM »

Well, I was wondering if it got more difficult but this answers my question LOL.

Got some sports games I was waiting on from Japan, so I know what I'm playing tonight. Power League 3/4 and the Italian licensed footy game.

I think there is maybe only one or two tracks where you even need to use the brakes!

Gypsy

« Reply #4117 on: May 26, 2017, 10:50:14 AM »
Yeah I breezed through the first few tracks then went to try out the Ranma game (which I liked so much that I finished it on the first go).

Freeway2

« Reply #4118 on: May 27, 2017, 04:00:44 PM »
After not having much luck with Gekisha Boy I finally put some serious time in today and beat it.  This game is definitely in a catagory all its own, im not sure what you would call it. I've been mainly playing Japanese titles that haven't been played much or at all.
“If I took this cigarette and put it out on you would you love me”

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4119 on: May 27, 2017, 11:15:55 PM »
After not having much luck with Gekisha Boy I finally put some serious time in today and beat it.  This game is definitely in a catagory all its own, im not sure what you would call it. I've been mainly playing Japanese titles that haven't been played much or at all.

Gekisha Boy was originally titled:

Operation Wolf: Sharpshooter

...since Gekisha Boy requires the precise skills and temperance of a sniper, not a trigger-happy idiot with an Uzi.

This was a decade before it was commonplace for fraternity brothers to yell "headshot!" before, during and after playing video games/masturbating.

Gekisha Boy is from the era when photography was a skilled art (only a roll of film in your holster), unlike today's  trigger-happy idiots who treat their camera like an Uzi and their subjects like collateral damage.

Gekisha Boy belongs in the genre of "Miscellaneous Shoot-em-up"

...but we all know that it deserves more respect, as I press "send" to have this post automatically and simultaneously published on my Bookface, Instaham, Snapshat, Twit, etc. accounts.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 11:20:06 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Gypsy

« Reply #4120 on: May 28, 2017, 01:35:54 AM »
Ys IV. It's totally bitchin.

esteban

« Reply #4121 on: May 28, 2017, 11:07:59 AM »
My twins and I are playing:

Bomberman '94
Hany on the Road
Toy Shop Boys
R-Type (HuCARD and CD)
Shinobi

...but Toy Shop Boys is pretty tough for them.
  |    | 

crazydean

« Reply #4122 on: May 28, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »

Bomberman '94
Hany on the Road
Toy Shop Boys
R-Type (HuCARD and CD)
Shinobi

So does that mean R-type is easy?
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

esteban

« Reply #4123 on: May 28, 2017, 04:03:59 PM »

Bomberman '94
Hany on the Road
Toy Shop Boys
R-Type (HuCARD and CD)
Shinobi

So does that mean R-type is easy?

Jajajjajajajja.

No.

I hope my daughter will make it to the first boss one of these years.

:)
  |    | 

seieienbu

« Reply #4124 on: June 14, 2017, 10:32:04 AM »
I beat Last Alert in one sitting a couple of nights ago.  The last time I beat the game must have been around 15 years ago.  The couple of times I've booted it up since didn't go so well.  Once the power went out and another time I got lost in the snow level looking for one of the POWs and died via timeout twice before giving up in frustration.

Anyway, my thoughts on the game are the same now as they ever were.  It does an excellent job at being an average action title.  The game is fun to play and is in a genre which the Turbo doesn't exactly have a ton of titles.  The story elements, CD soundtrack, and even the laughable voice acting all add to its charm.  The game is great and everyone should give it a go if you haven't.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93