Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91713 times)

GoldenWheels

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4125 on: June 16, 2017, 02:08:39 AM »
F1-Circus

Actually really enjoying it too. And damn is it fast.

(if anybody has any tips LMK....I'm only on Brazil, the second track, and have no idea how to adjust my cars parts etc to help me)

TelcoSurveyor

« Reply #4126 on: June 16, 2017, 06:42:54 AM »
I love the F1 circus games, but yeah they are super fast.  I also would like to know some tuning tips since I seem to be back and forth a lot unless I slow way down.
I'm the Wind, Baby!

Freeway2

« Reply #4127 on: June 16, 2017, 04:00:13 PM »
I've been whooping Hit The Ice lately along with Soilder Blade--level 5 so far
“If I took this cigarette and put it out on you would you love me”

TheClash603

« Reply #4128 on: June 16, 2017, 06:20:57 PM »
I've been whooping Hit The Ice lately along with Soilder Blade--level 5 so far

Hit The Ice = Underrated

Gredler

« Reply #4129 on: June 16, 2017, 06:50:47 PM »
TV Sports Hockey is way better than hit the ice, and people hate that game, so I would say yes hit the ice us under rated.

Both are fantastic and should be played whenever a two + player get together going.

I didn't play tv sports hockey today, but I should have.

Green Beret

« Reply #4130 on: June 16, 2017, 09:22:21 PM »
Hi to all,
I am new in the forum and in the PC Engine. I have bought a DUO R from doujindance and have it resting at home without games :( I had orderd PC Denjin the very same day but that Japanese seller and his postal service was too slow in comparison with doujindance. Japanese air mail is usually fast except this time.

What is your opinion guys for doujindance and his mod work?
Thanks

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4131 on: June 17, 2017, 03:51:11 AM »
I love the F1 circus games, but yeah they are super fast.  I also would like to know some tuning tips since I seem to be back and forth a lot unless I slow way down.

I tried mucking around with them last night but changed way too many things at once and was unable to tell what did what, if anything. I did find a faq, it's for the famicom version but I assume the settings stuff didn't change:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/tg16/588958-f1-circus/faqs/55700

I'm surprised how into this game I am getting...I must have played for an hour last night just trying to beat one track. Very much a case of "damn this game is pissing me off/let me try this one more time".

And damn you A. Semna!!!!!! I may never take first with this jerk racing!  :D

HailingTheThings

« Reply #4132 on: June 17, 2017, 09:55:50 AM »
Hi to all,
I am new in the forum and in the PC Engine. I have bought a DUO R from doujindance and have it resting at home without games :( I had orderd PC Denjin the very same day but that Japanese seller and his postal service was too slow in comparison with doujindance. Japanese air mail is usually fast except this time.

Thanks

Uh-oh.

seieienbu

« Reply #4133 on: June 17, 2017, 10:19:39 AM »
Hi to all,

Thanks

In the event that you're not a troll account and actually asking a legit question, there's a thread that just popped up about this subject the other day.

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=22346.0
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

MrBroadway

« Reply #4134 on: June 17, 2017, 03:32:44 PM »
Ouuuch.

Freeway2

« Reply #4135 on: June 19, 2017, 07:19:12 PM »
Just  beat Blazing Lazers tonight after picking it up a few days ago.  It felt really easy on regular difficulty and was a nice change of pace to the shooters that make you roid out.  I haven't given T.V. Sports Hockey much play time yet but will definitely do so after enjoying Hit The Ice.  I've had one of that guys modded Duo-R's for a year and haven't had any problems though I've seen pictures of his work(im a little scared to open it up and look :)
“If I took this cigarette and put it out on you would you love me”

crazydean

« Reply #4136 on: June 20, 2017, 08:09:10 AM »
Just  beat Blazing Lazers tonight after picking it up a few days ago.  It felt really easy on regular difficulty and was a nice change of pace to the shooters that make you roid out. 

Easy, eh? It's not especially hard, but I still can't get through the boss rush. Someday I'll finish it...
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

seieienbu

« Reply #4137 on: June 20, 2017, 09:48:10 PM »
I beat Valis 2 in one game today.  The last time I played it was a few years ago and I recall levels 4 and 5 kicking my ass.  Today I went in with full powerups and the sword wave projectile that nullifies enemy projectiles, took my time, and made it through without a problem. 

Hilariously, I died on the 3rd level boss right after I killed him and the game let me start on stage 4 with all of my powerups intact.

esteban

« Reply #4138 on: June 20, 2017, 11:56:24 PM »
I beat Valis 2 in one game today.  The last time I played it was a few years ago and I recall levels 4 and 5 kicking my ass.  Today I went in with full powerups and the sword wave projectile that nullifies enemy projectiles, took my time, and made it through without a problem. 

Hilariously, I died on the 3rd level boss right after I killed him and the game let me start on stage 4 with all of my powerups intact.

Valis II is too easy.

It should have been either (1) much longer or (2) more challenging.

Or, it should have had a "challenge mode" for the folks who wanted to see an extended ending cinema.

I have dreamed of this.

|    | 

seieienbu

« Reply #4139 on: June 21, 2017, 09:37:28 AM »
I think I could do a 1 life clear if I played it again.  That being said, level 5 if you start with no powerups isn't exactly a cakewalk.