Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91453 times)

Gypsy

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4290 on: December 19, 2017, 02:13:57 AM »
I cleared Sapphire last night.

I've been trying to 1CC it lately but keep failing.  I think most of the people that bitch about it being super easy are cranking up the continues and bomb spamming their way to the end..... or maybe I just suck.  :mrgreen:

I suck at shooters too so I couldn't really tell ya. It's certainly more difficult than Star Parodier!

I enjoyed both.

Gypsy

« Reply #4291 on: December 19, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »
Vigilante.

Edit: This was another clear. Extremely short game. Had to be a tough pill to swallow back in the day if you paid full price.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 01:45:32 PM by Gypsy »

crazydean

« Reply #4292 on: December 21, 2017, 02:33:44 PM »
Finally beat Legend of Hero Tonma. I must have died 100 times on stage 4. I was able to find a "trick" to easily beat every boss except the two guys who throw boulders, which is why it took me so long. Otherwise, the game isn't very hard, just a lot of trial and error.

I think next will be Exile or Legendary Axe.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

lukester

« Reply #4293 on: December 21, 2017, 03:03:53 PM »
Vigilante.

Edit: This was another clear. Extremely short game. Had to be a tough pill to swallow back in the day if you paid full price.

It's a short but fun one. Tough to 1CC cuz of the final boss, I think i've only done it once.

I pity whoever bought the master system port! Dear lord is it choppy and there's no jump kick!

Today I replayed some more dungeon explorer (with the knome...got 3 dungeons left?) and altered beast on huey.

Gypsy

« Reply #4294 on: December 21, 2017, 03:29:42 PM »
Yeah the final boss is a beyotch, had to credit feed him a bit.

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4295 on: December 22, 2017, 08:08:40 AM »
Yeah the final boss is a beyotch, had to credit feed him a bit.

He tosses you off the girder without hesitating or strangles 80% of your life...I never figured out if there is a way to consistently avoid him...I just rely on getting lucky.
  |    | 

Gypsy

« Reply #4296 on: December 22, 2017, 08:45:33 AM »
Grope and hope.

seieienbu

« Reply #4297 on: December 22, 2017, 01:39:46 PM »
I'm playing Deep Blue.  Lord have mercy on my soul.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

gex

« Reply #4298 on: December 22, 2017, 04:58:15 PM »
Finally beat Legend of Hero Tonma. I must have died 100 times on stage 4. I was able to find a "trick" to easily beat every boss except the two guys who throw boulders, which is why it took me so long. Otherwise, the game isn't very hard, just a lot of trial and error.

I think next will be Exile or Legendary Axe.
Good pick! Recently beat it myself too. Quite enjoyed it, reminded me of Ninja Spirit the whole time. Not as good, but still really enjoyable.

That's the second last boss I believe right? I had an awful time with him too. Watched a play through on Youtube and learnt there's a good trick if you're standing right in front of him. But you have to be fully powered up for it to work I think, as it stopped working before I ever got in enough damage. Had to partially glitch my character in-between screen transitions to get in a few free hits.

But yeah, f*ck him. I feel your pain. And after, the final boss is a pushover in comparison.

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4299 on: January 10, 2018, 04:17:21 AM »
My Duo came back and Keith got the CD drive working and quiet as a mouse. It's back to peak sexy and I even got some new games from him in the deal. Played some Valis 2 in last night, pretty fun, if pretty easy (from what I played). Hope to play Splash Lake tonight.

I think my NES is jealous. It knows the king has returned.  Bow to the king, bitch.

roflmao

« Reply #4300 on: January 10, 2018, 07:58:32 AM »
I've been playing Startling Odyssey 2 lately. Good stuff!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:00:35 AM by roflmao »

Purple1308

« Reply #4301 on: January 10, 2018, 09:03:57 AM »
I started playing cyber core and alien crush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4302 on: January 15, 2018, 02:14:28 AM »
Ok so the first time I die in Valis 2 ad lose my powerups....the game suddenly seems hard (and borderline cheap with it's enemies/enemy placement)

I thought I hated slimes in Dragon Warrior. f*ck these f*ckin things that take 15 hits.

esteban

« Reply #4303 on: January 15, 2018, 02:36:08 AM »
Ok so the first time I die in Valis 2 ad lose my powerups....the game suddenly seems hard (and borderline cheap with it's enemies/enemy placement)

I thought I hated slimes in Dragon Warrior. f*ck these f*ckin things that take 15 hits.

Don’t worry, Valis II is an easy game...and you will beat it.

The shame is that you don’t really have to use an strategy on the bosses...that’s a shortcoming.

The boss fights could have been far more interesting, IMHO.

|    | 

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4304 on: January 15, 2018, 05:32:37 AM »
Esteban, I'm in level 4 now, am I right that sometimes the best thing to do is just run and ignore combat?

Or do I need to creep like a chump and kill everything without mistakenly going backwards and respawning the enemy I just killed (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)