Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91641 times)

seieienbu

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4305 on: January 15, 2018, 10:01:46 AM »
The last time I played it I killed everything and won on one life.  Honestly?  If you die?  Just start over.  You'll likely save yourself time and suffering.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4306 on: January 16, 2018, 03:33:37 AM »
The last time I played it I killed everything and won on one life.  Honestly?  If you die?  Just start over.  You'll likely save yourself time and suffering.

Like once I'm not powered up don't even bother? Dang! reminds me of R-type, where the first death for me equals *click* system off.

I'm going to try to learn as much of this level as I can and then start over. The first levels are super easy anyway.  I'm tending to grab the wave power up over all others. What do you guys prefer?

seieienbu

« Reply #4307 on: January 16, 2018, 07:15:32 AM »
You can definitely still win if you die but if you aren't familiar with how to beat the minibosses on the last couple of stages it will take quite a while to figure them out.  And with the levels so short?  Why not just start over?  That was my thought process anyway.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

« Reply #4308 on: January 16, 2018, 08:35:45 AM »

Like once I'm not powered up don't even bother? Dang! reminds me of R-type, where the first death for me equals *click* system off.

I'm going to try to learn as much of this level as I can and then start over. The first levels are super easy anyway.  I'm tending to grab the wave power up over all others. What do you guys prefer?

I thought Level 4 might be the lazer/electricity level, but you are at Haisen’s stage, which you can definitely conquer using continues, just grab the power ups and health. There are “slightly” hidden platforms with these items scattered about, in addition to the life/power ups that are literally left in your path.

I say: since you are learning the stages anyway, you should not restart...you should have some fun familiarizing yourself with the (pretty basic) level design and see if you can find “hidden” ledges/platforms with power ups.

:)
  |    | 

EmperorIng

« Reply #4309 on: January 16, 2018, 02:57:22 PM »
Also: the two best weapons are the default shot powered up, and IIRC the wave. You can skip the missile.

esteban

« Reply #4310 on: January 16, 2018, 10:37:09 PM »
Also: the two best weapons are the default shot powered up, and IIRC the wave. You can skip the missile.

Yeah...the wave can eat most bullets, IIRC, and gets pretty big (Yuko’s height) when powered up.

The missile is just for comic relief (seeing a silly missile spontaneously launch from a sword *sounds* kool, but the execution in Valis II is so lackluster... but now I think you have unwittingly created a new goal for me: to beat the game using missile only... hmmm...)

:)
  |    | 

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4311 on: January 16, 2018, 10:37:41 PM »
Double post, but I’ll make it meaningful: did anyone notice that the “running flame guy” from Valis II and running flame guy from Splatterhouse look pretty similar?

I’m sure there are other games with a running dude in flames...but what are they? I can’t think of one...

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: do they look like the running man aflame a la Valis II/Splatterhouse?

*they have a rather nonchalant run, these dudes*
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:43:06 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4312 on: January 17, 2018, 02:12:06 AM »
All right I am going to soldier on then.

(I feel like such a puny biotch with no power ups tho!)

Punch

« Reply #4313 on: January 20, 2018, 01:29:34 PM »
Gradius 2 again... I was doing extremely well with no lives lost and just when I thought "holy shit is this actually happening?" I lost all lives to the giant moai boss.

:(

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4314 on: January 21, 2018, 01:37:54 AM »
All right I am going to soldier on then.

(I feel like such a puny biotch with no power ups tho!)

Do Not Give Up, comrade.

You
Will
Persevere.

Gradius 2 again... I was doing extremely well with no lives lost and just when I thought "holy shit is this actually happening?" I lost all lives to the giant moai boss.

They say that “laughter is the best medicine” when dealing with particularly frustrating situations in life.

So, the next time you get to the boss, think about...

LARRY
MOAI
CURLY

...as you get mercilessly ravaged.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:45:56 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

EmperorIng

« Reply #4315 on: January 21, 2018, 05:00:51 PM »
The Moai boss in Gradius II gave me trouble until I found out an almost fool-proof strategy.

You'll obviously want all 4 options, ripple-laser or the two-way Double, missiles and two speed-ups, maybe one more (depends). What you essentially do is herd the mini-Moais that come after you, slowly moving in a clockwise fashion. Stay somewhat closer to the faces as you circle, but not too close. As you fire you will destroy them and the bullets will be manageable instead of a giant chaotic blanket. Once one of the heads is destroyed, the fight more or less plays itself.

Even if you die, if you learn how to herd the spawned Moais in this way, you should, with a little practice, learn how to time out the fight.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:03:15 PM by EmperorIng »

geise

« Reply #4316 on: January 26, 2018, 02:40:22 PM »
Not US turbob but Shubibinman 3 I got from Secret Santa this past Xmas! Thanks again Santa!

OldTurboBastard

« Reply #4317 on: January 28, 2018, 01:25:01 PM »
Just got a new copy of MotoRoader MC (i guess it's part 3?) in the mail...it's no longer new. Was initially disappointed to see the scrolling tracks are gone, more like a super sprint type game now...but 20 minutes or so of play revealed it was actually still pretty fun....could see multiplayer battles still being fun, but i didn't see any upgrades yet? That was one of the best parts of the first game was getting that new engine or body, and smoking your buddies, dragging their sorry asses from the back of the screen every 2 seconds!!!
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

OldTurboBastard

« Reply #4318 on: January 28, 2018, 01:26:01 PM »
delete..double post. Apologies.
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

lukester

« Reply #4319 on: January 28, 2018, 05:20:50 PM »
Did a little play through of pacland. I got to round 21 (trip 6) on one credit, a new record! Difficulty really spikes up at the end.