Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88456 times)

Black Tiger

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 02:23:23 PM »
I recently (finally) got Parodius and am blown away by it. I thought that it would be a modest game overall but its very impressive in every way and is yet another game that pulls off most of the visual tricks that are supposed to be impossible on Turbo/PCE.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Sinistron

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 03:33:13 PM »
Parodius rules definitely.

Currently making my way through Dragon Slayer Legend of Heroes and I love it.
Looking like a long game- I'm on Chapter 3.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

SignOfZeta

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 04:06:30 PM »
Burning Angels and nothing else until I clear it. I'm getting killed just before the stage 4 boss these days.

You're putting a lot more time into that one than I ever cared to.  That game is tough as hell- even with two players.  Tried to like this game beyond the jiggly show cutscenes and couldn't do it.  Not only is it extremely tough from jumpstreet- but the speed feels a little too slippery, the enemies too tough, and the graphics too spotty (what's up with those clouds looking like boulders?).  Maybe I'll give it another shot- since you and others seem to dig it.

If there is a shooter out there that is easier in two player mode than solo I'd like to see it. Usually the other player just takes away from the power ups and continues that are needed to make actual progress.

I really don't find this game to be particularly hard. All shooters are hard, and the older the harder, usually. I'm certain that there are many shooters from the Famicom era that have been cleared by less than %0.01 of the people that own them.

I did beat Vanguard though...

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 04:27:20 PM »

If there is a shooter out there that is easier in two player mode than solo I'd like to see it. Usually the other player just takes away from the power ups and continues that are needed to make actual progress.
Forgotten Worlds on Genesis since you get infinite continues on two player mode. I also found Dragon Saber on PCE to be easier with two players.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Maiden Hell

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »
My meager game collection is slowly starting to grow.  Since I don't have much time to jump right into RPGs I've been keeping myself busy with try to master Gradius when I have a few minutes to spare.

BigT

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 05:21:36 PM »
Exile: Wicked Phenomenon

The going is slow because my real life schedule has been busy and my play time is also split with the PC and 360... Army of 2 just came out and now a new episode of Sam and Max is coming out so... hmmm  :D

nat

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 05:28:56 PM »
I'm currently playing Legend of Xanadu. I guess technically it's part of the Dragon Slayer series, part 8 or something. It's a J-RPG, but one of the best RPGs I've played on the system. But be forewarned-- it's challenging. But who doesn't like a challenge? Only little girls, that's who. Highly recommended to everyone/anyone into RPGs. But don't take my word for it-- here's a YouTube clip to convince you.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 08:19:25 PM »
DEEP BLUE!!!!! If you hate this game you suck.

TR0N

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 08:42:04 PM »
Mostly a little of,Dungeon Explorer 2 and Cotton.

Man that DE2 cost me enough but i feel it was worth it.

Also i'm supose to getting the frist DE later on as well.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 02:42:37 AM »
Cratermaze, Addams Family, Cotton, and a bit of Impossamole (cripes, what a turd).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Paisa49

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 02:50:17 AM »
Galaga 90 and Space Harrier

Black Tiger

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 12:44:46 PM »
I'm currently playing Legend of Xanadu. I guess technically it's part of the Dragon Slayer series, part 8 or something. It's a J-RPG, but one of the best RPGs I've played on the system. But be forewarned-- it's challenging. But who doesn't like a challenge? Only little girls, that's who. Highly recommended to everyone/anyone into RPGs. But don't take my word for it-- here's a YouTube clip to convince you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPLUlrpQ09U

Wow, that game has a lot of cool "impossible on PC Engine" layered background effects.

I played part way through the first chapter way back when until I got stuck in the middle of fetch quests and gave up. I really need to get around to trying it again. :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

nat

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 01:13:14 PM »
By first "chapter" do you mean the first game or first AREA in the first game?

Anyway, yeah, I really recommend it especially to someone like you who digs the J-RPGs. Once you get used to the fetch quests they're not that bad and it's fun solving them. There's a FAQ if you get stuck but so far I've only had to use it twice and I'm about halfway through the game. One of those times it was something stupid I probably would've figured out eventually but I had already spent like an hour on it and wasn't getting anywhere. The sidescrolling stages come at the end of every "Area" and are kind of like a pay-off for all your hard work on the fetch quest puzzles. There are 12 Areas in all, I'm on Area 6 currently. Great game, I hope this one gets translated one day so I can replay it and fully appreciate the parts of the story I'm missing out on.

esteban

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 01:33:07 PM »
I recently (finally) got Parodius and am blown away by it. I thought that it would be a modest game overall but its very impressive in every way and is yet another game that pulls off most of the visual tricks that are supposed to be impossible on Turbo/PCE.
Hell yeah! And, supposedly, it was the first 8 meg HuCard. The key thing, though, is not the 8 meg, but the sheer amount of love that Konami packed into that game. It just kicks ass, especially the special characters  :).
  |    | 

nat

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 02:04:37 PM »
I found Parodius to be overrated when I finally got it. Salamander is much, much better.

Give me Air Zonk, Coryoon, Star Parodia, etc any day over Parodius. Parodius ain't bad, but it's far from the best shooter on the system.