Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88445 times)

Turbo D

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 02:17:08 PM »
Unless you're a big  gradius fan, parodies is just average.

runinruder

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 03:17:15 AM »
Currently delighting in Burai.

I agree with Black Tiger and Esteban that Parodius is amazing.  I agree with Nat that Salamander is even more enjoyable. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Maiden Hell

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 06:13:10 AM »
I found Parodius to be overrated when I finally got it. Salamander is much, much better.

Give me Air Zonk, Coryoon, Star Parodia, etc any day over Parodius. Parodius ain't bad, but it's far from the best shooter on the system.

Oh yeah for sure.  It's alright for the time it came out, but I agree Salamander is where it's at and my recent acquisition of Gradius II is also extremely fun.

Sparky

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 01:13:39 AM »
Splatterhouseā€¦ bad day at work yesterday so swinging a "Two by Four' made me feel better.  :twisted:
also have been playing a lot of Valis II and keep coming back for more, just wondering is Valis III just as good?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 02:11:49 AM by Sparky »

spenoza

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 03:05:41 AM »
I am playing a little emulated Neutopia II. Played N1 last year, and I remember beating a physical copy of Neutopia II way back in time. I guess it's mostly because my wife has been playing Zelda:LttP on the TV and I've been inspired.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

malducci

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 08:53:39 AM »
Splatterhouseā€¦ bad day at work yesterday so swinging a "Two by Four' made me feel better.  :twisted:
also have been playing a lot of Valis II and keep coming back for more, just wondering is Valis III just as good?

Oh man, Valis II was great. I'd recommend Valis III just because. Not as easy though and the sound track isn't as great as Valis II(no other Valis game is!).

Sinistron

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 09:40:39 AM »
Last night I busted up Tiger Road and started playing Ys IV english patch for the first time (beat Tiger Road to make room for Ys IV memory).  Y's IV is fantastic- so much more detail in the towns and landscapes and mines. Maybe a little too much story in the beginning and not enough action- but GREAT nonetheless.
Don't know why I never beat Tiger Road BITD (or maybe I did but didn't remember- game's not too memorable so this could be the case).  I used continues- but mostly from feeling my way- wasn't stuck on anything for long- and is it just me or do the boards seem to get easier as they go on?

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

runinruder

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2008, 11:19:44 AM »

Valis III is the best game in the series and utterly annihilates II.  Like Mal said, its music isn't quite as awesome as II's, but then, very few games have music as awesome as II's. 

Last night I busted up Tiger Road ... is it just me or do the boards seem to get easier as they go on?

I know what you mean.  Whenever I sit down with Tiger Road, I struggle a bit at first, and then I start to cruise along.  I'm sure that part of it is simply getting acclimated to the poor collision detection again, but there are a couple places early on, where enemies either knock you into pits or situate themselves in inconvenient spots, that can really be nuisances to get by, while many of the later sections can be dashed right through. 

Digi.k

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2008, 12:08:39 PM »
Parodius is awesome!! Its not arcade perfect but I swear at least it pushes the pc engine more than any other HUcard game!

Salamander is awesome too.. although it took a few years before I actually began to appreciate it!  one of those very hard games that makes your blood boild and rewards ya the more you get further along..

Anyway been playing Rabio Lepus and Shanghai today ..  Rabio is just too frustrating but Shanghai just really calms ya down.

nat

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2008, 12:45:32 PM »
Shanghai deserves more love. I love that game.

MurderDate

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2008, 01:38:08 AM »
I enjoy Tiger Road.  It doesn't have a lot of bells & whistles but it's solid.  Great music / graphics too.

Playing Aeroblasters last night..  Jesus christ that game is hard.  I FINALLY figured out that I want to grab the missle and then those Ps and ignore the other power ups (a lot of those weapons suck!) but still - can't remember a time I reset a game so often to start over!
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

esteban

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2008, 07:29:36 AM »
I enjoy Tiger Road.  It doesn't have a lot of bells & whistles but it's solid.  Great music / graphics too.

Playing Aeroblasters last night..  Jesus christ that game is hard.  I FINALLY figured out that I want to grab the missle and then those Ps and ignore the other power ups (a lot of those weapons suck!) but still - can't remember a time I reset a game so often to start over!
I love hate the later "speed maze" levels in AeroBlasters. Getting those "sleds" (powerup) is brilliant, but I've been able to pass the mazes without them (I only do this when I'm feeling particularly full-of-myself).

I love Aeroblasters, though. It provides a nice challenge. You feel like you accomplished something.
  |    | 

runinruder

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2008, 08:07:26 AM »
Yeah, Aero Blasters is very good.  It can be challenging, but it's fair (yes, even the parts with the gravity effects).  The only part that I call BS on is the "wobbly screen" stretch in the last stage.  I lose at least three lives every single time.

nat

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2008, 08:08:47 AM »
Aeroblasters is really, really tough for me. I've never passed stage 5 (or was it 6?).

CosMind

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2008, 10:46:48 AM »
back on a blazing lasers kick.  happily.