Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88462 times)

kid_rondeau

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2008, 11:03:03 PM »
I recognize that Nat has gone with JVC for his television! Seriously...I was in love with JVC back when VCR's were still popular, and their TV's are good, but every other product of theirs I've tried has been a disappointment.

I think I have the exact same TV in Nat's picture, though.

nat

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2008, 10:12:19 AM »
As some of you may have noticed I talk up that TV every f*cking chance I get. It has one of the best pictures, even in composite, for vintage gaming I've ever seen. Maybe even the best but that's a hard claim to make.

Like you, I'm not a big fan of JVC's other products. But that TV is teh pwn. The first time I saw a classic console being played on it I was floored. First chance I got it was installed in my gaming room as my primary gaming TV.

People are always talking about their Sonys, etc. You go ahead and take that Sony; I'll stick with my JVC thank you very much.

Here's a page with specs on that TV, or at least one that is extremely similar (I don't remember what model # my set is, and it's 150 lbs too heavy for me to pull out and look) with the same dimensions and features:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:JVC%20AV-32F577%20Television:1993985197:page=details

I should mention I have another JVC, in my bedroom, it's a 27" and it's from 1991. The quality is nowhere near the quality of this thing. But then again the 27" is getting a little long in the tooth these days.

guyjin

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2008, 01:49:55 PM »
I'm in the market for a new tube, and that one seems to be in my price range. I'll have to see if I can obtain one locally. (the idea of paying for shipping on a fragile 150 pound item horrifies me.)
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

esteban

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2008, 02:01:35 PM »

That's right bitch, betta' recognize.
Awesome! :)
  |    | 

spenoza

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2008, 03:03:04 PM »
I have a JVC 27" tube TV I bought a few years ago and it's been well-behaved. I rather like it. I even play a little PCE on it periodically. Parasol Stars has been my fix as of late. Once I'm done with that I'll probably go back to trying to beat Bomberman 94. It's not so much that the game is hard as it is I have a limited attention span.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Sinistron

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2008, 03:07:38 PM »
har har nat I just realized I can see that "8-Mile" poster reflected in your tube  :lol:

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

guyjin

« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »
har har nat I just realized I can see that "8-Mile" poster reflected in your tube  :lol:

:shock: ... wow. And to think I almost took television buying advice from a total idiot.  :evil:

sinfreealex

« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2008, 04:25:57 PM »
Final Soldier for the most part. Other than that, I've been getting better at Bonk's Revenge.

nat

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2008, 06:08:20 PM »

:shock: ... wow. And to think I almost took television buying advice from a total idiot.  :evil:

Excuse me? That's my wife's poster.

guyjin

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2008, 06:34:41 PM »
I was kidding.

Kinda.

I suggest divorce.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2008, 04:00:37 AM »
I'm in the market for a new tube, and that one seems to be in my price range. I'll have to see if I can obtain one locally. (the idea of paying for shipping on a fragile 150 pound item horrifies me.)

Good luck finding one locally.  Since they haven't made these (or any quality CRTs) for quite a while, you'll be hard pressed to find one sitting in the store.  You'll probably have to find one used, settle for a lower quality set, or pay the big bucks to a online retailer for some new old stock.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2008, 04:03:10 AM »
Yeah I got my set a few years back. Two? Three, maybe? They may have even been phasing them out at that point, who knows? But it's a damn great TV if you can find it. I've logged quite a few hours on it in the past few years and I'll be damned if the image doesn't still look just as good as it did when it was new.

MurderDate

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2008, 04:27:58 AM »
I love my Sony Trinitron even though it's huge and weighs 100 pounds.

can anyone set me up right on Motoroader?  Speaking of games you are currently playing..  I remember guys on here talking about the best way to spend your money in the beginning.. to make the game playable. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:50:31 PM by MurderDate »
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

kid_rondeau

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2008, 04:41:04 AM »

can anyone set me up right on Motoroader?  Speaking of games you are currently playing..  I remember guys on here talking about the best way to spend your money in the beginning.. to make the game playable. 

Well, if you don't want to cheat and use the "RICH" code...
I always start by buying "Handle B+2" and a Gas Tank. At this point in the game you should be evenly matched with the other cars. You should do well enough to come in first or second, and then I buy "Body+4", and maybe some better (but not the best just yet) tires.
After winning another big prize, you can go ahead and buy "Engine+4" (you may be tempted to buy the engine before the body, but if you do you'll guzzle gas like there's no tomorrow).

More later!

guyjin

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2008, 04:52:37 AM »
Maybe I can finally make use of all those TV Game setups people keep giving me - I'll take one to the store and test how old games look on all the TVs.  :)