Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 90316 times)

nodtveidt

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2008, 03:40:03 PM »
I've been playing Mysterious Song! :D Well, working on it, squashing bugs and adding new features too. Closing in on 100% game engine completion...still at 99% as of right now.

nat

« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2008, 04:30:05 PM »
The one bug that would make me really, really happy to see dispatched is the snowy fade-out bug.

termis

« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2008, 06:56:44 PM »
Beat Valis IV, finally finishing off all 4 of in the series.

Man, I'm awesome.  (It only took 4 months of on-and-off playing  :|)

nodtveidt

« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2008, 07:16:01 PM »
The one bug that would make me really, really happy to see dispatched is the snowy fade-out bug.
It's been identified and is being worked out as we speak. :D

nat

« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2008, 03:51:41 AM »

Which one did you like best? Or can we expect an entire series review?

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2008, 01:43:20 PM »
Riot Zone

esteban

« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2008, 02:49:45 PM »
Gain Ground SX, Double Dragon II, Fray, Kiadan 00 (sp?)

Gain Ground is even more fun than I remembered it to be, plus it has excellent music that really fits each stage.

I don't know what to think of Fray (piece of crap or easy joyride?), and Kiadan 00 seems like it might have potential, even though it initially doesn't grab you by the balls, so to speak.

Double Dragon II -- just confirming that the music complements each stage. It does.

|    | 

termis

« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2008, 06:10:31 PM »

Which one did you like best? Or can we expect an entire series review?

Part IV - and yup, a review:
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5167.0

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2008, 01:26:40 PM »
Star Parodia

Sinistron

« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2008, 01:01:12 PM »
Finally got Exile II rolling after receiving my Tennokoe card- I'm actually pretty far into it- level six- the second Baghdad stage.  I heard a whole lot about this US version's difficulty- so far I can't say that I see it.  I heard that you needed to be practically leveled all the way up to beat the second boss- Crully.  Well- I did have to level up quite a bit- but not to the second to last level like I heard.  Leveling up doesn't take as long as I feared either- it actually moves along pretty quick.  Now- on the sixth stage- I believe I'm at the penultimate level- at least judging by the power bar.  Using tonics and changing your characters up mid boss fights (especially for the mummy and sword boss) is quite important too. 

Overall I dig it. It has some things better than Exile I- some things worse.  As Runin mentioned- it's more linear- that isn't an improvement.  The hit detection is spotty.  Also the overworld graphics seem less impressive.  There is some really excellent music- one song in particular impressed me where it sounded like bagpipes- which could very well have been out of place in a board that looked to be inside of a pyramid- but somehow it worked beautifully.  The fighting stages have some impressive graphics with some nice parallex in some levels- and lastly being able to choose from five different characters is really nice.  I especially like to use the character Lawrence (though where I'm at now he's separated from the rest of the bunch and just got his ass beat by some giant heart looking thing) with his giant axe. 

I'll say it's not as good as Exile I- but judged on its own merits it's a solid game- leagues better than Valis II  :D.  I hope to finish it this week- the part I'm at now is pretty tricky with these giant bat bastards and lightning spitting dragons- but I get further each time I try.  A fun game.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

termis

« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2008, 05:37:42 AM »
Started a (another) wacky JP-only RPG: Aurora Quest: Otaku no Seiza in Another World

So far, it's actually not bad.  Clean graphics, nice cinemas, decent tunes, stupid humor, and lot of WTF? moments you'd expect in a game like this.

nat

« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2008, 05:56:23 PM »
Pack-in Video!

That game actually looks pretty good.

GohanX

« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2008, 07:33:01 PM »
I've been stuck in a hotel in Arizona, and I forgot to pack the controller for the emulator-filled laptop. My only friend is my Turbo Express (and my DS, but I haven't even turned it on.)

I've mostly been playing Parodius, although I'm not nearly as good as I used to be.  I've also dabbled a bit in Shinobi, Blazing Lazers, and I played Parasol Stars for the first time ever.  I don't really understand what the heck is going on in that game yet, but it's pretty fun.

I'm actually looking forward to the 4 hour plane ride home now  :)

Sinistron

« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2008, 06:12:37 PM »
Just beat Exile II- this time the Djinn boss didn't touch me- gave him a sound beating.  The final boss- that heart-on-a-wall guy- I wasn't expecting to be such a joke- that was pretty bad- like Mother Brain in the Gradius games- and what's up with the burp at the very end of the game?  Some dude burps and says something like "well that was silly" and then a chick laughs.  Felt like a giant middle finger- like "this game sucks- you wasted your time now here's your prize".  It didn't suck- it was okay- but pales next to Exile I.  I also didn't get much playtime out of it- first night I played it once- second night I got to what I didn't realize was the final board- and tonight the third night playing it I'm through it.  I remember getting much more playtime out of Exile I.  Again though it was okay.  Some good music in there.

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

m3killer

« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2008, 11:33:03 AM »
bonk 1,2 and 3 there great games =]