Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 89933 times)

Game and Watch Kirby

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »
I'll be playing Dungeon Explorer for a while longer. I've beaten the game with the Fighter character yesterday, but I wish to obtain the level passwords for as many of the characters as desired (if not all of them). I'm currently using the Warlock character, and today I've gotten up to Level 3 with him. It's...slowly creeping up to be one of my favorite games, actually :P.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Sinistron

« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2008, 05:35:57 PM »
There you go Kirby!  :clap:

Played a whole bunch of shit today and just got done busting up Photo Boy for the umpteenth time.  Forgot that Hani and that weird looking boss from Doraemon/Cratermaze are in the museum board- who are these guys?  I'm assuming they're from some Japanese folklore or something as Hani and this guy are in games from Irem, Hudson and Face (and maybe others?)...

Got to play more Hanata Kadaka today too- Everyone needs this game- one of the most impressive hucards.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 05:43:48 PM by Sinistron »

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2008, 07:21:23 PM »
Playing Exile, Exile: Wicked Phenomenon, Dead Moon, and a bit of Tokimeki Memorial.  8)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

handygrafx

« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2008, 09:21:56 PM »
Been playing Alien Crush lately.

Sinistron

« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2008, 02:22:11 AM »
Not much of a task- but I beat that Future Boy Conan game last night.  Some real good cutscene stuff there between each level (6 levels), and some truly great music (for my tastes)- but the game- aside from one or two tricky jumping bits- is pretty nonexistent.  Though I've never seen any of the Future Boy Conan episodes- I'm a Miyazaki fan so this was worth me picking up- even though the game is subpar.

Arjak

« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2008, 06:09:31 AM »
I'm in the middle of:

-Cosmic Fantasy 2 - Ugh, it took me several tries just to get to the point where Laura is captured. Those monsters are tough! The opening battles are ridiculous, and the fact that all this ends with a bittersweet ending only makes it worse. The fact that-SPOILER ALERT!-Laura dies at the end-END SPOILER-should be on a top ten list of "That's Not Fair!" moments in video game history.

-Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes (Postponed)

Also, my little sister just so happens to be really good at Ys Book I & II! She is at the Noltia Glacier, but is taking a break.

I also just finished Last Alert. The voice acting actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Still, there are definitely a few 'WTF?' moments.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

CosMind

« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2008, 07:53:51 AM »
blazing lazers (again...  jeez, i'm not sure if i'll ever stop going back to this game)

m1savage

« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2008, 03:16:58 PM »
Just completed Zero 4 Champ. Also been playing Soldier Blade, Zero 4 Champ 2, Racing Spirits, Lords of Thunder and F1 Triple Battle.

Sinistron

« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2008, 03:20:10 PM »
Just completed Zero 4 Champ. Also been playing Soldier Blade, Zero 4 Champ 2, Racing Spirits, Lords of Thunder and F1 Triple Battle.

Hey man how is F1 Triple Battle?  Been seriously considering picking that one up.  Does it play nearly as good as Final Lap Twin?

m1savage

« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2008, 04:11:29 PM »
Well, it's got some really interesting options as far as different types of steering and such. I actually like almost all the PC Engine racing games so it's hard for me to say it's better or worse then Final Lap Twin.  8-[  I think you can pick it up fairly cheap so if you like these types of games I say give it a shot. Get Racing Spirits too if you don't already have it.

TR0N

« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2008, 04:25:23 PM »
Sylphia and Legend of Hero Tonma  :mrgreen:

I'll say i wasn't expecting to get (sylphia) any time soon but a member hook me up on a copy for a good price.

Like most shooters by compile starts out easy,but by halfway through the game it get's tough.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Turbo D

« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2008, 04:27:16 PM »
playing LoT right now. Just hooked up a newly acquired stereo system. LoT sounds bitchin' through it too!  8)

Sinistron

« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2008, 04:56:32 PM »
Well, it's got some really interesting options as far as different types of steering and such. I actually like almost all the PC Engine racing games so it's hard for me to say it's better or worse then Final Lap Twin.  8-[  I think you can pick it up fairly cheap so if you like these types of games I say give it a shot. Get Racing Spirits too if you don't already have it.

Thanks for your thoughts.  Yeah I have Racing Spirits- haven't given it a good day in court yet though- just a prelim.  Racing hucards I have Final Lap Twin, Out Run, Chase HQ, MotoRoader, Racing Spirits, Power Drift and F1 Circus- that's probably about how I'd rank 'em too- though admittedly Racing Spirits is the one I've yet to really give serious play time to.  From the little of it I've played though I didn't feel like it stacked up to Final Lap Twin- but Final Lap Twin also has killer chip tunes (among my favorite) and that quest mode going for it.  You're right though F1 Triple is dirt cheap so I really can't go wrong in buying it to see for myself.

m1savage

« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2008, 01:08:24 AM »
My biggest gripe with Racing Spirits is that it has some super annoying music in the game. I never really gave F1 Triple a chance until recently but it's grown on me. It can be real challenging depending on the steering type and engine you choose.

turbokon

« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »
Tired of beating LOT so therefore I'm trying to beat GOT.  Never been able to beat the game yet.  I've gotten to the boss of Dark City, man that stage music soundtrack is bad ass.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com