Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 89861 times)

ceti alpha

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #240 on: September 03, 2008, 02:23:08 AM »
I haven't touched my Turbo in months. I STILL don't have enough games for it.

Don't neglect your Turbo!  [-X

...or pay the consequences, as these turbo madness victim videos graphically illustrate:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #241 on: September 03, 2008, 05:57:11 PM »
joe's video was better- I need to learn better editing tricks.

nodtveidt

« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2008, 03:29:38 AM »
I recently started trying to play Vasteel, but God, is it ever hard! After several hours of playing, I still can't beat the first board. ](*,)
Once you get the hang of handling your ATACs, it gets far easier. I had trouble with it the very first time, but the second time I absolutely slaughtered it and have had no trouble since. Understanding the capabilities of each machine is important too, and figuring out the fastest way to reach each city given the environments around them. Exploiting weaknesses in the enemy's AI also helps tremendously...enemy ATACs will not fire their missles until they are perfectly aligned with you, so it's very, very easy to bait them into firing repeatedly and wasting their missiles. Watch out for ATACs that have charge times on missile fire though...if you try the "bait and evade" tactic with them, you have to use good timing or else they might send a missile up your tail. :D An ATAC without missiles is largely a sitting duck, even against much weaker ATACs (of course, this doesn't exactly apply to some of the super-powered ATACs such as Stormer or the ultra-badass Reaper that can just punch you to death or fill you full of powerful bullets). Another thing to get under control is the firing of your own missiles. Some ATACs fire right away, some have a charge time. If you play as Falial, an army of Grunts (Grunt, Sandgrunt, or Aquagrunt) can be very effective in keeping back some of the bigger enemy ATACs. If you play as Stefan, Blenders do the same for him (Scouts are largely useless, though they do pack one hell of an arsenal of missiles). Both of these ATACs fire their missiles immediately. ATACs like Leech, Disruptor, and Bile have charge times on their missiles, so a good way of using them is to start firing, THEN aim your shot rather than aim and fire. When I play as Stefan, I can play through many of the land maps only building Blenders and finishing off the enemy base with a Bile or two. If you need any further help with the game, let me know. :D

Anyways, I'm not playing anything at the moment, as my TG is at my new house where there's no power just yet.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #243 on: September 04, 2008, 05:14:07 AM »

...or pay the consequences, as these turbo madness victim videos graphically illustrate:

Haha I actually thought about making my own one as well....

In fact I had a couple new ideas myself, as far as how I get killed by my Duo-R. But I want to use special fx like electricity.

I'll definitely use the "I'll Kill You" voice clip from Soldier Blade

ceti alpha

« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2008, 07:58:32 AM »

Haha I actually thought about making my own one as well....

In fact I had a couple new ideas myself, as far as how I get killed by my Duo-R. But I want to use special fx like electricity.

I'll definitely use the "I'll Kill You" voice clip from Soldier Blade

haha. Using the Soldier Blade voice clip would be most awesome.  :mrgreen:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2008, 08:13:42 AM »
haha. Using the Soldier Blade voice clip would be most awesome.  :mrgreen:

Especially if used in conjunction with the "I'll be back" voice sample.  8)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

drdre

« Reply #246 on: September 04, 2008, 03:02:47 PM »
Bloody Wolf  :D and Legend of Xanadu II- I was playing Military Madness for a while, but then the madness hit me and I had to put it away......
Arms installation is complete....good luck

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #247 on: September 06, 2008, 01:48:08 PM »
I just beat BLoody Wolf again last night, so now I am playing Sinistron.

I was playing Sidearms, but that game pisses me off.   >_<
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Ratix

« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2008, 01:39:53 PM »
right now i am playing Deep Blue. and i seem to be stuck on Scene A. and i have no idea when a boss fight happens. anyone know what i am doing? maybe if i look up the manual. still nothing

nat

« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2008, 02:25:27 PM »
HAHA, that's classic. You'll know when a boss fight happens. If you don't, you haven't got to one yet. Keep trying. The game is initially tough until you figure out it's nuances. Pointers: Avoid the purple bubbley weapon to start, by far the best weapon is the blue swirl, but it's kind of weak until you power it up. You have to collect a number of the blue swirls subsequently, it will power the weapon up one level each time you collect one. Just avoid the purple one.

kid_rondeau

« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2008, 11:53:12 PM »
Yeah, and if you have a TurboStick, use slow. Not only does it make the game beatable in the later stages (I mean "Scenes"...how stupid is that?? What ever happened to "Stage 1"...what's this "Scene A" froufrou nonsense?), but it also stops you from dying by continually recharging your life.

Man, beating that game was hardly worth the effort I put into it.

mobiusclimber

« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2008, 07:14:46 AM »
I've been playing Splatterhouse, but I can't seem to figure out how to get past level 2. Those weird floating spiky landmind things are indestructible, Jason can't jump to save his life, and the power slide doesn't seem to do anything either. I tried gamefaqs but every faq seemed to be about the arcade version, where you can jump over them.

I also just got a Japanese RPG on the Hu-Card, can't think of the name right now. Not sure how much I'll be playing it tho as it's very similar to the early Ys series, and I'm not a fan of running into enemies to kill them.

kid_rondeau

« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2008, 08:29:26 AM »
MobiusClimber,
I remember having to jump slightly to the left as those spiky landmine things are coming at me...then "hook around" to the right, and you should clear it. It really isn't very hard.

nat

« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2008, 10:31:50 AM »
Yeah, and if you have a TurboStick, use slow. Not only does it make the game beatable in the later stages (I mean "Scenes"...how stupid is that?? What ever happened to "Stage 1"...what's this "Scene A" froufrou nonsense?), but it also stops you from dying by continually recharging your life.

Man, beating that game was hardly worth the effort I put into it.

Using SLOW mode completely defeats the purpose of playing the game.... You're just taking advantage of a glitch in the code and cheating. Where's the fun in that?

mobiusclimber

« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2008, 10:35:43 AM »
MobiusClimber,
I remember having to jump slightly to the left as those spiky landmine things are coming at me...then "hook around" to the right, and you should clear it. It really isn't very hard.

To quote Neo in the Matrix, "Whoa."  :lol: I had no idea you could do that, I thought it was a regular side-scroller with just the one plane, no ducking around stuff.