Author Topic: A Holiday Celebration Board.  (Read 15124 times)

Turbo D

Re: A Holiday Celebration Board.
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008, 05:37:21 PM »
Thanx for reminding me Kirby! Now I'm going to grab a beer and celebrate Victoria Day!  8)

ceti alpha

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 01:38:10 AM »
Victoria Day, eh?  Do you celebrate that by watching hockey whilst downing Molson?  :lol:

lol!!  :lol: Almost! But I try to avoid the Molson Canadian.  :-& :-&

Schooner/Olands or bust! 

Seriously though, aside from the Hockey Worlds going on in Halifax and Quebec City right now, I'm not watching too much else. All the Canadian teams are gone.  :cry:

Is that the type of beer that has some considerbly highly hilarious commercials, poking fun at/offending Americans all the while? I have seen some of those advertisements on YouTube, and I have heard that it does taste awful, just as you say, Ceti Alpha. Is it really as bad-tasting as some imply?

Victoria Day is today for Canada, so whatever way folks there choose to celebrate it, I hope it was a fine day for them (especially for my good Canadian friends such as Ceti Alpha and Black Tiger).

lol Kirby. Yeah, Molson has the commercials that make fun of Americans. I think even one of the guys from the Daily Show is doing commercials for them now. Their commercials are sometimes funny, but the beer is awful.

Anyways, I had a good day off, though I feel like I could use another. hehe Thanks for the remembrance of Victoria Day Kirby.  :)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 06:18:10 AM »
Ugh. Hopefully, I can be forgiven (especially for myself for being a bit forgetful). Memorial Day was Monday, as was also the Summer Bank Holiday in the United Kingdom. I was with my sister and father for some portion of the morning, then he invited me to dinner with his friend and went to see Iron Man in theaters. Yesterday, I was also helping my sister pack up her belongings (which she is moving to Utah near Salt Lake City), so those circumstances may have caused to post the holiday celebration here to slip my mind. I'll try my best to remember to do so for now on.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

guyjin

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 08:54:28 AM »
For my memorial day, we wandered around soutwest Iowa, leaving fake flowers on graves and visiting with old folks.

Not the most exciting holiday ever, but that's the way we've always done it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 08:56:28 AM by guyjin »
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 06:29:25 PM »
Happy Hug Your Cat Day, everyone.  I prefer to stroke the cat, but there's no holiday for that yet.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 07:42:20 PM »
I better go hug my cats then  :) I had no idea that it was hug your cat day  :lol:

nat

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2008, 09:32:30 AM »
It wasn't, today is.

Necromancer is from the future. The future, I say!

Turbo D

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2008, 09:36:46 AM »
I was too lazy to hug them yesterday anyways, lol. I'll go outside later today and find them.

Turbo D

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2008, 10:58:59 AM »
happy national donut day!  :lol: wtf? Ya, you heard right! Its national donut day. Now, go out and have a donut! I know I won't. Los Angeles is the the donut capital of the world, there are nearly 900 donut shops here!

guyjin

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2008, 12:39:38 PM »
900 donut shops in LA? and here I thought the city was populated by anorexics.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Turbo D

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2008, 01:59:08 PM »
thats what i heard on the news! I live in the suberbs of LA county. There are at least around 10 - 15 donut shops in my town. I don't like to go to downtown too much. The traffic there is terrible and there are a lot of bums. There are these streets where there are like 100 bums or more on the sidewalks living in tents and stuff. Its really terrible, lol. Did i mention the terrible traffic? I got my van towed while I was at the Japan arcade in little tokyo!  :x damn addicting initial d 4 arcade! I was playing that thing for a good hour!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »
900 donut shops in LA? and here I thought the city was populated by anorexics.

..... and cops, which explains the donut shops.  :wink:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2008, 06:15:15 PM »
Donuts kick ass, eh.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2008, 04:02:09 PM »
Hm...Hug Your Cat and National Donut Day...I wasn't really aware of them...This board was primarily made to celebrate major holidays (or ones that are marked on any calendar), but if others choose, they can celebrate the smaller ones here too (just to inform that I'm allowing them).
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 04:53:25 PM »
Today is Flag Day here in the United States. This day was made in honor of, in 1777, congress's adoption of The Stars and Stripes as a symbol of the nation (source: Answers.com's entry on the subject). I hope this day was enjoyable for many, no matter what was done (I myself had went to see Kung Fu Panda today, and I've quite enjoyed it, too).

Tomorrow is also Father's Day. May the dads have a nice day, as well, for the holiday made specially for them (mine may want to relax a lot, and I'll make him a card to him, too).