Author Topic: REPAIR GUIDE - Laseractive NEC PAC-N1 / N10: Total capacitor replacement chart  (Read 7017 times)

TheClash603

But the Earth will soon be depleted! And its all my fault!!!!

Best obi in the history of obis.

You guys are awesome.  For a schmuck like me that doesn't know how to fix his own dick when it is droopy, this is like modern magic.  Keeping this info pinned and updated is great for the community...  and the next guy I send a broken pac to!

hardgb

Hi, guys, I have a Pioneer LaserActive with Pack MegaDrive.
It works perfectly with the megadrive Pack but he did not play discs (CD/LD).
I opened it and noticed that it does not spin the discs. Apparently everything else works normally (gears, optical drive ...) the lens moves, up and down, but does not spin discs.
I'm measured the voltage going to the motor, and is 3V. I think it's a very low voltage.
What think you can be? Please I need help.

choijimmy

I opened it and noticed that it does not spin the discs. Apparently everything else works normally (gears, optical drive ...) the lens moves, up and down, but does not spin discs.
I'm measured the voltage going to the motor, and is 3V. I think it's a very low voltage.

Not sure the voltage for the motor. Disc not spinning can be Just bad laser lens.

Also, it can be bad thermal fuse on the power supply board. It also can be bad motor as well.

I suggest you check the laser lens (If you have spare) and thermal fuse first.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:22:55 PM by choijimmy »

choijimmy

Update for the cap issue for the PCB board directly connected to the pac

hardgb

I did the continuity test, the thermal fuse, F101 and F102.
The two are ok (has continuity).
I suspect that the engine is not running.
Is there any way for me to test this engine?
If the engine is blown, where I find this engine model?
choijimmy, thank you for the tips. I really want to be able to do my Pioneer LaserActive back up and running.

choijimmy

Quote from: hardgb link=topic=9267.msag398134#msg398134 date=1426078832
I did the continuity test, the thermal fuse, F101 and F102.
The two are ok (has continuity).
I suspect that the engine is not running.
Is there any way for me to test this engine?
If the engine is blown, where I find this engine model?
choijimmy, thank you for the tips. I really want to be able to do my Pioneer LaserActive back up and running.

regarding the engine, you mean motor? If Yes, you can get it from the models I listed above. I also have some spare parts but they are a Bit  heavy to ship. How about the laser lens?  Why you think it is not the issue? For example, do the machine "try" to spin the disc? eg, does the green button on the front panel shows it recognizes cd/ld?  if it recognized cd/ld , when you press play button, it will try to spin the disc, you may hear some sounds which try to spin the motor.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Have you tried using the LA without the pac installed?  I don't know if it's possible for a pac to keep the disc from spinning or not, but I know that before my FEKA pac was recapped it'd act all goofy; movies wouldn't play and the tray mechanism would ignore eject commands, but only when the pac was installed.  Without the pac, the LA worked perfectly, and it's worked just fine since the recappening.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

hardgb

I bought this LaserActive recently and have never seen him work with CD or LD.
I put the CD he pulls the tray, the lens moves, up and down. But in no time the CD spins.
Will the problem is the motor, that not spins the CD?
Or will the LaserActive is not recognizing the CD?
I made the video to show how it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qaBmNS2Pm4&feature=youtu.be

choijimmy

I bought this LaserActive recently and have never seen him work with CD or LD.
I put the CD he pulls the tray, the lens moves, up and down. But in no time the CD spins.
Will the problem is the motor, that not spins the CD?
Or will the LaserActive is not recognizing the CD?
I made the video to show how it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qaBmNS2Pm4&feature=youtu.be

Just watched the video, I will check the laser lens first. the reason is the lens does Not recognize the disc at all. I bet the laser lens issue
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:49:01 PM by choijimmy »

hardgb

You mentioned in your post, "you can either turn the POT on the laser lens clockwise just a little bit and try again"
The POT is what is located in the flat cable, the laser lens?
I want to try to turn the POT if it does not work, I have to find a laser lens that is working. My God, where I'll find it?

choijimmy

You mentioned in your post, "you can either turn the POT on the laser lens clockwise just a little bit and try again"
The POT is what is located in the flat cable, the laser lens?
I want to try to turn the POT if it does not work, I have to find a laser lens that is working. My God, where I'll find it?
Yes, the pot is on the ribbon cable under the laser lens,  try to turn the pot a bit by bit to see If it helps. Take a picture to record down the original position.
I do have some spare laser lens which works fine but I can't ensure it will fix your issue since I am not 100% sure it is laser lens issue even I guess so.

hardgb

I looked at the LaserActive, but failed.
I'll have to get a lens that works.
In your opinion should I buy 2 (motor and lens) or only the lens already solves the problem the LaserActive?

choijimmy

I think you can try the laser lens first due to it is much lighter to mail from here

hardgb

I'm coming back, I need help. I bought a laser, he came and installed it on LaserActive but is not yet playing cd.
But first, I want to ask for help for other details. Before the new laser arrive, I tried to turn the trimpot the old laser, but made a big stupidity in one of the times

I turned the trimpo with LaserActive working and smoke started coming out of the laser, and at the same time I hung up the LaserActive. Despois addition, LaserActive does not show the home screen, it's just a black screen. The pac mega drive is still working, when I insert a cartridge, but when no cartridge inserted the screen goes black. What can this be?

And going back to the other problem, the 1st issue, the LaserActive still not identifying any CD, it just turns the cd when I click play but not execulta the CD.
I made this video to show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaitPF-gPos&feature=youtu.be
Does anyone have idea what can I do?
Help.

hardgb

I believe the motor that spins the CD / D is not burned, because when I press play it spins the CD, but the lens does not identify the CD.
Note: There are 2 lights on LaserActive panel, the "CD led" and "led LD". Even in the absence CD within the LaserActive, the "CD led" is off and the "LED LD" on ...
I made this video to show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaitPF-gPos&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:03:21 AM by hardgb »