Author Topic: REPAIR GUIDE - Laseractive NEC PAC-N1 / N10: Total capacitor replacement chart  (Read 7040 times)

thesteve

take the pac out
try to play a cd
the missing cd bios issue and no cd detected are different problems

hardgb

I have news. I tested the IC protectors on the power board support. All is continuous, except for one. The IC301 (N50), this has no continuity.
I also tested (out of curiosity) 2 IC Protector fuse in Main Board, N10. These 2 also lacks continuity.
In short, 1x N50 and 2x N10 burned. I believe that replacing these 3 IC Protector, will solve the CD reading problem.

Now with respect to not display the home screen of LaserActive. Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?
Does the missing cd bios (eprom was damaged)?

thesteve

The fuses could be the whole problem
Note that fuses can cause the lens smoke as well

choijimmy

replace those fuse first. The blown fuse indicate good sign since they blown instead of other components in the boards fired.
Let me know if you need those fuse, I have plenty of them. As you know, it took a month to ship the stuff from Hong Kong to Brazil. Not sure it will be quicker to find them in your place.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:23:18 AM by choijimmy »

hardgb

replace those fuse first. The blown fuse indicate good signal since they blown instead of other components in the boards fired.
Let me know if you need those fuse, I have plenty of them. As you know, it took a month to ship the stuff from Hong Kong to Brazil. Not sure it will be quicker to find them in your place.

I want rather the fuses. What value can you send me two of each fuse?

choijimmy

replace those fuse first. The blown fuse indicate good signal since they blown instead of other components in the boards fired.

I can send you for free since they aren't expensive. Just sent
3 x icp-n50
5 x icp-n10
2 x icp-n20
2 x icp-n15
2 x icp-n25

These are all the ic protector models laseractive needed.
Make sure you replace the exact icp model and don't try to jump the wire to bypass the fuse before the fuse arrived.

Good luck.
Jimmy

hardgb

3 x icp-n50
5 x icp-n10
2 x icp-n20
2 x icp-n15
2 x icp-n25

Make sure you replace the exact icp model and don't try to jump the wire to bypass the fuse before the fuse arrived.

Good luck.
Jimmy

Thank you so much.
I will wait for the arrival for testing.
Any news, I'll let you know.
Note: Is there a tracking number?

Thanks.
Cleilton Farias

choijimmy

3 x icp-n50
5 x icp-n10
2 x icp-n20
2 x icp-n15
2 x icp-n25

Good luck.
Jimmy

Thank you so much.

Thanks.
Cleilton Farias

No tracking number since the registered airmail cost much more that the fuse itself  :)

hardgb

3 x icp-n50
5 x icp-n10
2 x icp-n20
2 x icp-n15
2 x icp-n25

Good luck.
Jimmy

Thank you so much.

Thanks.
Cleilton Farias

No tracking number since the registered airmail cost much more that the fuse itself  :)

It does not matter. There will come for sure.
thank you again
 :dance:

choijimmy

updated the Q&A post with No Audio fix

choijimmy

Talked to Hardgb, those ic protectors fixed his laseractive cld-a100  :D

choijimmy

Update the solution(replace the crystal oscillator)  for Hucard game flicker screen after  recap the pac-n1

BlueBMW

Nice!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

hardgb

I am very pleased to inform everyone, my LaserActive is in full operation. Thank you all for your help. In particular the choijimmy. I'm very happy. :dance:

choijimmy

I am very pleased to inform everyone, my LaserActive is in full operation. Thank you all for your help. In particular the choijimmy. I'm very happy. :dance:

By watching your youtube video, it looks like the loading time is a bit longer than usual.
Are you using cdr? if yes, you better burn the cdr with lowest speed eg, 8x
Also, you can adjust the pot to make it read better if you want