Author Topic: GameCube Bonk: Good times  (Read 1412 times)

soco

GameCube Bonk: Good times
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 02:35:17 AM »
Quote from: "lord_cack"
WOW! I very much like the looks of that title. It would be nice to see some other games done up like that...well not in that same style but given a remake of that quality.

i've been trying to guess how easy this would be to do in a specialized emulator. you'd probably have to make one for each and every game that had different replacement addresses. so that you could create packages of new games with exactly the same gameplay.

btw, where can you find this game? i remember seeing screenshots and stuff before it came out and then i haven't heard anymore. i searched again rather quickly to find it and came up with nothing.

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 09:57:54 AM »
Quote from: "sunteam_paul"
Quote from: "D-Lite"
I found a review Lawrence at gamesx.com did:

http://nfg.2y.net/games/bonkgc/

Nice stuff with lots of screenshots!

The screenshots in that review make the game look a whole lot better than the ones I saw when it first came out. Maybe they were unfinished shots or something, but it actually looks quite appealing now.

You know, I think I remember seeing early screenshots as well and thinking how cheesy the graphics looked. I'm pretty sure of this actually.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Nemo

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 05:25:49 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"

You know, I think I remember seeing early screenshots as well and thinking how cheesy the graphics looked. I'm pretty sure of this actually.

Well, you wear socks with sandals so we won't hold it against you.  :wink:

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2005, 01:17:08 PM »
f*ck off!  :arrow:
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2005, 10:53:58 PM »
I didn't see it mentioned, but it says at the end "to be continued" so I'm assuming they originally were planning to make Bonk's Revenge.  Heh, when I won it off of ebay, I was thinking it was the GC version, since I already had a Freeloader, but, at some point, I realised it was the PS2 version, so I have to get the Magic Slide.....which, turned out for the best, so I could play Ys 1-4(& eventually 5, if it ever comes out) on my PS2.

Keranu

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »
I would love to see a Bonk's Remake/PC Genjin 2 happen; it was my favorite in the series.

MotherGunner

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2005, 08:42:17 PM »
Yeah I have the Jap Ps2 version and LOVE it!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

eastx

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 10:11:04 PM »
I ordered PC Genjin for GameCube from http://www.yesasia.com and I am waiting for it to arrive. The GC version is rare will the PS2 version is common for some reason... Here's hoping Yes Asia actually can get it for 30 bucks like they say!

Star Soldier for GC/PS2 is EXCELLENT, even though it changes the gameplay a little. It even has a 3 and 5 minute Time Trial BUILT IN, which is a reference to the tournament version of Star Soldier for Famicom used by Takahashi Meijin in the Game King TV special. It also has vintage commercials featuring Takahashi (Master Higgins).
Also, there is an unlockable 3D Star Soldier stage (based on the remake) in Dream Mix TV: World Fighters for PS2/GC. Check out my FAQ at GameFAQs for details on that game.

Oh, and there's a nice, new Star Soldier remake for PSP in Japan, which you can play on American PSPs of course... Plus Star Soldier (Famicom version) is available by itself for GBA or in the Hudson Collection shooting game GBA cart. Don't have the latter, but I'll get it sometime.

Adventure Island for GameCube is SO much better than the original - it saves your stage, has an easy mode, nice graphics, and original or remixed sound... Plus vintage commercials. A Must-buy for Adventure Islands fans. So is Adventure Island Collection for GBA, which has all 4 Famicom games on 1 cart, available now.

Cubic Lode Runner isn't so much of a must-have as the other 4 PS2/GC Hudson Collection games since it's Lode Runner! Well, it has less added too... I mean, they changed the game up to make it 3D (but it works)... There seem to be some unlockables, but I don't have 'em. It's the most budget-looking of all 4 games, that's for sure.
-Paul Acevedo
Xbox Live GamerTag: EastX