Author Topic: Who's still playing their Wii?  (Read 13564 times)

SuperPlay

Re: Who's still playing their Wii?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 09:43:09 AM »
I need to start to use my Wii again, thank you for reminding me that I have one ;0)  Just been playing PCE in my spare time over the last 6 months.

GohanX

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 02:18:41 PM »
I don't play my Wii every day, but it's far from collecting dust. I used to play a lot of VC games on it, but I tend to just hook up the original systems these days. Now, I pop in Wii Punch Out pretty frequently, it's my favorite game of the current generation.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 12:16:46 AM »
I pop in Wii Punch Out pretty frequently, it's my favorite game of the current generation.

Heh, I played the crap out of that game, phenomenally awesome.
--DragonmasterDan

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »
I think thats the problem with the Wii: most of the good games are Nintendo produced and the lack of good third party games are whats killing it. I haven't played my Wii since the new Sonic ( can't remember the title) and Epic Mickey. I mean, there is hardly any worthwhile rpgs for the thing unless you count XenoBlade (f you are lucky enough to live in Europe) and thats really about it. Yet, I feel there was so much more that could have been done with it in regards of sword fighting games, but instead we get the waggle effect even with the motion sensor plus deal. Anyway, thats my two cents. BTW, I second that the new Punch Out game is awesome!

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 05:25:02 AM »
There's not a day that goes by that I don't play my Wii.

Mainly because of the fantastic homebrew support! My Wii has essentially been turned into a homebrew zombie with bootmii installed in boot2 for fast system recoveries and brick protection,  severally custom IOS’s installed in it and an external HD plugged up for loading Wii games off it from USB loader GX and for storing other emulated games (emulation on the Wii is top notch). It has become my go to system for almost everything retro. :D   
http://burntprojects.wordpress.com/
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

GohanX

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 05:49:24 AM »
It really is a fantastic emulation machine, and the only modern system that can output in 240p over component.  Plus, thanks to VC there are tons of controller options and adapters if you look hard enough.

SMF

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 01:25:57 PM »
My Wii has been seeing a lot of action lately due to Zelda Skyword Sword. Its finally nice to play a motion game without waggling about. Its really 1:1 movement.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

KingDrool

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 04:32:44 AM »
Loving Skyward Sword. I didn't really care much for Twilight Princess or the last two DS Zeldas, so I was skeptical about this one. I'm about 15 hours in so far and it's the best Zelda I've played since Wind Waker. Maybe even better.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

T2KFreeker

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 03:26:49 PM »
Wii still has me. Shovelware or not, I love the hokey horror games that released and still play the Hell out of GoldenEye 007.
END OF LINE.

esteban

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 03:51:23 PM »
I just bought Metroid: Other M cheap, so I (hopefully) will be playing some Wii in the upcoming weeks.

I bought two extra pink controllers last year, so I'm all set.
  |    | 

TheClash603

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 05:41:28 AM »
Wii still has me. Shovelware or not, I love the hokey horror games that released and still play the Hell out of GoldenEye 007.

What are these hokey horror games?  Any recommendation of something I can get on the cheap?

SMF

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 03:09:56 PM »

What are these hokey horror games?  Any recommendation of something I can get on the cheap?
Well if you really wanna be scared....... you can go after Imagine Party Babyz LMAO

These games you can pick up used for under $10 now
Cursed Mountain, Calling, Obscure: The Aftermath, Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, JU-ON: The Grudge, Manhunt 2, House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, Dead Space Extraction, MadWorld, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil, House of the Dead: Overkill

SMF

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 03:11:37 PM »
Loving Skyward Sword. I didn't really care much for Twilight Princess or the last two DS Zeldas, so I was skeptical about this one. I'm about 15 hours in so far and it's the best Zelda I've played since Wind Waker. Maybe even better.

Yea i have to agree this Zelda game is refreshing. I thought Majoras Mask was better then OOT. Gets old fighting Ganon all the time.

KingDrool

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 04:41:03 PM »
LOVED Majora's Mask.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

T2KFreeker

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 07:41:56 PM »

Well if you really wanna be scared....... you can go after Imagine Party Babyz LMAO

These games you can pick up used for under $10 now
Cursed Mountain, Calling, Obscure: The Aftermath, Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, JU-ON: The Grudge, Manhunt 2, House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, Dead Space Extraction, MadWorld, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil, House of the Dead: Overkill

Some good stuff there. Although, if you have an XBOX 360, get Dead Rising there instead. It's much better. On WiiWare, there is also LIT, which can really get you if you take the time to play it. On a lighter note as well, the redone version of "Haunted House" from Atari is pretty cool too.
END OF LINE.