Author Topic: Your new TG16/CD collection purchases for the month?  (Read 10461 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

T2KFreeker

Re: Your new TG16/CD collection purchases for the month?
« Reply #496 on: August 04, 2015, 11:16:19 AM »
Scored chase hq at a pawn shop for $30. Stoked to find one of those in the wild

That's cool. You very RARELY see the games out like that. Last time I did was a copy of T.V. Sports Football at a Thrift Store. It was actually complete minus the cardboard box. I had to buy it just because I knew what it was. probably would have sit there until someone threw it away...

$5 or under (I hope).  worth it for the hu tray and sleeve alone.   :lol:
It was priced at $1.99 I believe. maybe even $2.99. Either way, it was just cool to see it in the cabinet they had it in because you just don't see them out like that anymore, especially in my area. Most people have no clue out here what a Turbografx/PC Engine is as it is.

Be careful, cheap TG-16 sports games can be addictive to collect.  Soon you will have them all and want more games.  Then you will look at your collection and think:  "I could have the entire US HuCard library if I just find a few more titles!"  It is then that the madness starts!!!

Good pickup, keep 'em up.

Meh, I'm not a noob to the Turbo world by any stretch of the imagination, just haven't been as active as I used to be in a long time. I had one when I was in High School, which was when it first came out, so yeah, been playing the games for a very long time.

I got's Devil's Crush and the PCE versions of Galaga '88, New Adventure Island, and also, finally, I have Bonk 3 in my collection. Nice little score and the games are pretty awesome! I came up, yo!
END OF LINE.

Mas

« Reply #497 on: August 04, 2015, 11:46:11 PM »
I have a chance to pick up bravoman under 20.00 and I'm wondering if anyone has played it or their thoughts on the game.

esteban

« Reply #498 on: August 05, 2015, 12:08:18 AM »

I have a chance to pick up bravoman under 20.00 and I'm wondering if anyone has played it or their thoughts on the game.

I have never been a big fan of Bravoman...it just never "clicked" for me.

However, I can think of many, many lamer games (Ballisirx!) that you should OUTRIGHT AVOID. I do not think I would put Bravoman on the OUTRIGHT AVOID list...

It is a very floaty (I don't have too much of a problem with that, but some folks might) action-platform with some quirky personality. Oh, there are some horizontal shootemup stages thrown into the mix.

Honestly, I think it was released in NA because it *looked* like ~MegaMan, but it is certainly not 1/100 of a MegaMan.

If money is tight, you might get more enjoyment by holding out for one of the "AAA" titles...

|    | 

Mas

« Reply #499 on: August 05, 2015, 12:56:22 AM »
Ok thanks. I'll hold off then.

Mas

« Reply #500 on: August 05, 2015, 06:11:00 AM »
Ninja spirit just came in the mail. Can't wait to go home and play it.

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #501 on: August 05, 2015, 06:19:09 AM »

Ninja spirit just came in the mail. Can't wait to go home and play it.

Probably the best sidescrolling action Platformer you can get for the system, aside from the Legendary Axes.  Play & enjoy ^-^
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

escarioth

« Reply #502 on: August 05, 2015, 06:55:15 AM »

Probably the best sidescrolling action Platformer you can get for the system, aside from the Legendary Axes.  Play & enjoy ^-^

both legendary axe still hold a better in my hearts since i had it as a kid back then.
...but damn, cant believe i used to finish this game.. ending stage is quite hard  :roll:
US Hucards     :  83/94
US CD-games  : 40/44
total complete with boxes 54/111

Mas

« Reply #503 on: August 05, 2015, 08:15:48 AM »
How is legendary axe 2 the sequel to the legendary axe? It's almost a game of its own.

esteban

« Reply #504 on: August 05, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »

How is legendary axe 2 the sequel to the legendary axe? It's almost a game of its own.

It was just a marketing tactic in North America, trying to capitalize on the little bit of respect Legendary Axe garnered.

Since both games are excellent, we benefitted. :)
  |    | 

Punch

« Reply #505 on: August 05, 2015, 11:32:16 AM »
The Legendary Speedo

toymachine78

« Reply #506 on: August 05, 2015, 01:04:25 PM »
Its great if you like hearing Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! I do not.

Sadler

« Reply #507 on: August 05, 2015, 01:44:25 PM »

The biggest problem with Bravoman for me is there's just too much of it. After you play through a dozen or so stages, you get it. All the stages seem to repeat (though I've never beaten it, maybe there's some awesome unique stuff at the end). The voice samples I thought were cool back when I first got it and they don't really bother me to this day. I understand how they could get on your nerves though.

There's a lot of good here too though! It's been a while since I played it, but the music I remember being pretty awesome, though I should admit I only remember one track. :D I think the gameplay is solid. The control is good both in the platforming and shooter stages. The game has lots of personality. I still grin thinking about "Hello I'm a Japanese telephone box". :lol: You can beat up your buddy who just wants to help too. I thought the graphics were outstanding BITD. Wikipedia says this came out in 1990, I'm not sure when I first played it, but I still think it has some great parallax. Yeah, there's flicker, but it looks pretty good.

Bravoman hasn't historically been an expensive game. I think $20 for a complete copy is well worth it. I doubt you'll beat it, but I've gotten far more than $20 worth of entertainment out of that game.

esteban

« Reply #508 on: August 05, 2015, 02:31:13 PM »
Ok, Sadler's impassioned post makes me want to play this silly-ass Bravoman.
  |    | 

Sadler

« Reply #509 on: August 05, 2015, 02:50:28 PM »
Ok, Sadler's impassioned post makes me want to play this silly-ass Bravoman.

Will you be playing with or without turbo?  :-s

Seriously though, I dig it. It's not one of the best games on the system, but I enjoy it. :)