Author Topic: "PCEWorks" finally bootlegs Magical Chase  (Read 5115 times)

Desh

Re: "PCEWorks" finally bootlegs Magical Chase
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 01:50:37 AM »
"Both titles include japanese HuCards, a black one for Splatterhouse and and a white one for Magical Chase. The included HuCards were provided by TG-16 Mods in Canada. They do great work and you can get in touch with them for all your HuCard needs."

So he's reselling Turbokon's repros?

We already know PCEWorls is teh douche nozzle so his releases never surprise me.  I am interested to know if he bought a shit ton of repros from Turbokon or how that deal played out. 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 02:17:47 AM »
Boo on Turbokon for selling a bunch of boots to this chucklef*ck, and even more so if he's an active partner.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

"PCEWorks" finally bootlegs Magical Chase
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 02:42:10 AM »
Boo on Turbokon for selling a bunch of boots to this chucklef*ck, and even more so if he's an active partner.

I don't think that is the case.

(Hoping! Anyway..)

I recall a French (?) dude had developed a way to "mass produce"  eprom HuCARDs (he even posted here, with discounts for buying in lots of _____, IIRC?).

Anyway, I would suspect that the European source for the eprom Hueys is what Tobias tapped into...
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 02:57:11 AM »
Tobias's word isn't worth much, so I suppose that's a possibility, but he claims that they came from Turbokon and provides a link to his site.

turbokon

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 02:57:23 AM »

Just for the record guys, we are not partners.  He ordered them in bulk from us late last year. He asked for them assembled and programmed with no artwork and case.   
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

jperryss

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 02:58:39 AM »
Edit: NVM

Black Tiger

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 03:32:56 AM »
I'm surprised that he didn't slso include a bootleg cart of the GBC version as it would have been cheap and easy to do compared to the HuCard.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Punch

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 04:00:54 AM »

Just for the record guys, we are not partners.  He ordered them in bulk from us late last year. He asked for them assembled and programmed with no artwork and case.   

How is Tobias not blacklisted from everything PCEFX members does at this point? I suspect you're not making a living out of hucards so I must say I'm kinda disappointed, I thought that the point of it was to undercut gougers, not supply them.

geise

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 04:33:12 AM »
Tempted to go to facebook for the first time in ages and check Tats group.  There's probably already a ton of people there saying how awesome it is.

Black Tiger

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 04:39:32 AM »
I don't know if the PCEWorks Magical Chase bootleg is the rare/valuable Turbo version or just the PCE game, buf if the TG-16 Mods guys are willing to wholesale to prolific bootleggers and gougers, why didn't Tobias have both versions included on the same HuCard? Especially since these sets are including multiple versions slready? Did he think it would feel more like a cheap pirate game and not like a "real" game? :P

I'm also surprised that he ratted them out in his ad. I wonder if he thought that being associsted with pcefx members would somehow fix his reputation within the PCE community or if the TG-16 Mods team asked for the promotion since PCEWorks is so lucrative?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 04:47:56 AM »
It's the PCE version huey and manual.  I assume that means he'll do a US version later.

elmer

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 05:05:42 AM »

And so you mass-duplicated someone else's property and bulk-shipped it to PCEWorks, ready to be branded with his own logos.

Yes ... you're a partner. You're a willing and cooperative supply-chain partner in the for-profit theft of copyrighted works.

That's a pretty big step from just custom-duplicating a game or two for individuals that feel that they absolutely need the shelf-candy in order to re-create the "experience".

Gypsy

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2017, 05:16:24 AM »

esteban

"PCEWorks" finally bootlegs Magical Chase
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 08:13:35 AM »
Sad.

I feel sad:

And so you mass-duplicated someone else's property and bulk-shipped it to PCEWorks, ready to be branded with his own logos.

Yes ... you're a partner. You're a willing and cooperative supply-chain partner in the for-profit theft of copyrighted works.

That's a pretty big step from just custom-duplicating a game or two for individuals that feel that they absolutely need the shelf-candy in order to re-create the "experience".

I agree with elmer.

I have nothing to add.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:22:02 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Gentlegamer

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 08:59:11 AM »
#elmerisright