Author Topic: Super SD System 3  (Read 15364 times)

mickcris

Re: Super SD System 3
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2017, 12:20:19 AM »
So youd have to mess with the casing on the Super CD System to get it to fit?

it should fit.  in the video on the thread in neo geo, it shows working on a tg16. its the connector that would interfere with it not fitting.  the slot where it goes in on a TG16 is smaller. other than that, the dimensions on the back of the console are the same.

here is an example of ten no koe 2.  if you remove the extra plastic (circled in red) from the connector, it fits fine on a tg16

the hole lines up perfectly with the ac adapter plug

they said they were going to test it soon to make sure though, but i dont see why it wouldn't fit.

the issue with the pinout being different on the exp port is just when you a modding one.  this is due to the pcb being upside down in shell.  it being on the opposite side of the board makes the pins you need to solder to different from the normal pinout posted all over for the pc engine.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 12:26:20 AM by mickcris »

PCEngineTrev

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2017, 01:04:26 AM »
Thanks for the info!

Be interesting to see if this would work on my PAL TG.

An even more interesting thought is; could a smaller version of this be produced that would allow CD ISOs to run on a Turbo Express?

mickcris

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2017, 01:20:49 AM »
Think they said it doesn't work on the pal version.   Not sure if that was just the video out or the whole thing though

Black Tiger

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2017, 01:33:44 AM »
Thanks for the info!

An even more interesting thought is; could a smaller version of this be produced that would allow CD ISOs to run on a Turbo Express?

You should read the info in the link of the opening post of this thread.

It doesn't work with the PAL TurboGrafx. But the PAL TurboGrafx doesn't run real games properly in the first place and is strictly a collectible.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2017, 01:34:35 AM »
What was the company that made those pervy games? The one where you needed their special Hucard along with the disc. Any speculation on whether it would play those games?

Games Express.  There's at least two different versions of their system card, and I'd hope this thing would support 'em for what it costs.  I'm sure it could play them if you own the real game and system card it came with, but those games aren't exactly common or cheap.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

mickcris

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2017, 01:42:13 AM »
I think i still have a pal system modded to ntsc.  If I do, I will try it once I get the super sd system 3.  I'm wondering if when it was tested, if they tried the original video out. I would think it might work that way. Just thinking it may have only been tried with the video connector on the super sd.

Edit:
After looking again, it looks like the creators tested it so it probably doesn't work.  Though it was gadget uk that had said the pal system didn't work
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:45:39 AM by mickcris »

synbiosfan

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2017, 04:30:55 AM »
Will this work on a TG16? I thought the expansion port had a different pin layout to the PCE one?

The Turbografx version is about 2 weeks away.

synbiosfan

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2017, 11:40:52 AM »
You can order again. Not sure if after x amount of transactions it'll block US buyers again.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2017, 11:55:37 AM »
As I noted at neo-geo.com, now I have a legit reason to get a PCE (despite already owning a Duo-R) other than being a collectard.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 12:00:37 PM »
Thanks for the info!

You should read the info in the link of the opening post of this thread.

It doesn't work with the PAL TurboGrafx. But the PAL TurboGrafx doesn't run real games properly in the first place and is strictly a collectible.

Yeah, considering the price of the thing I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t just buy a reasonably priced PCE Core or some kind to plug into it. What’s an extra $60 when you’re blowing hundreds on a device like this? Do some people really *need* the part in front to be 2.5x as wide for some reason?

I guess maybe if you f*cked up and bought all your pads with big plugs on them for some reason, that would be a good excuse.

lukester

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2017, 08:03:09 AM »
Looks absolutely fantastic! It's perfect considering I don't have a CD console (I play all that stuff on the laptop). I'll have to pick one up down the road if the price is a bit cheaper, and sell the everdrive.

Anyone know if this thing plays Altered Beast?

Keith Courage

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2017, 08:48:36 AM »
interesting peace of hardware. Too expensive for me to validate getting one. Maybe when the price drops.

Has anyone seen this? https://starforcepi.wordpress.com/2017/04/19/the-pc-engine-sd/ Don't think it does CD games though.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 08:55:17 AM by Keith Courage »

Black Tiger

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2017, 08:55:27 AM »
interesting peace of hardware. Too expensive for me to validate getting one. Maybe when the price drops.

That's just a guy who takes existing consoles and sticks them in different boxes for fun.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

synbiosfan

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2017, 10:47:24 AM »

Anyone know if this thing plays Altered Beast?

They haven't checked every game. The ones they have tried do.

They don't have a complete cd bin cue set.

SamIAm

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2017, 02:56:08 PM »
I don't know if it will be useful to a whole lot of people besides me, but one cool thing about this product is that it creates an all-new C-sync signal out of the internal H and V digital sync signals.

The PCE's composite video signal and even its own internal digital C-sync have a flaw where one H-sync pulse at the top of every frame gets removed, and this can cause trouble on displays or converters that are expecting a perfect sync signal. The internal digital H and V sync signals, however, don't have this flaw, so it should be possible to create a perfect signal from them.