Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88569 times)

hoobs88

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1035 on: October 21, 2011, 10:24:41 AM »
I got a copies of pac land and override today, tried them out, excellent games
but i can't figure out the little spring board thing in pac land...

That was tricky for me too the first time I got there...if I remember correctly, you have to push up or hold the II button (without turbo) depending on which setting you selected from the options menu to do a super jump off of the spring boards.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

SuperPlay

« Reply #1036 on: October 23, 2011, 02:33:28 AM »
For some strange reason I have just found myself playing through Niko Niko Pun!!!!!

sirhcman

« Reply #1037 on: October 23, 2011, 03:56:43 AM »
Final Soldier and Neutopia here!  :-"

munchiaz

« Reply #1038 on: October 23, 2011, 02:15:06 PM »
super darius. still cant get past the first stage. i really need a pc duo controller with turbo, or a converter cord to use my tg-16 controllers

munchiaz

« Reply #1039 on: October 25, 2011, 06:27:14 PM »
played some R-type today. able to make it to stage 3.

futureman2000

« Reply #1040 on: October 26, 2011, 02:34:26 AM »
Playing Legendary Axe. I'm not very good at these games... finally got to the last boss yesterday evening, and after two tries on him I was told that my continues had been exhausted. My guess is that the witch doctor will be dead within the week.
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

munchiaz

« Reply #1041 on: October 26, 2011, 11:01:24 PM »
got bonks adventure in the mail today. got to the end but i cant beat king drool. I only have 3 hearts. how do i get more hearts?

tggodfrey

« Reply #1042 on: October 26, 2011, 11:35:50 PM »
During the game, make it a point to try and do well on all the bonus stages.  There you will acquire hearts and lots of free lives.  Collect as many of the smiley faces during the levels too.

Playing Ninja spirit now........Made it to end of 4th level just buzzing through last night.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Senshi

« Reply #1043 on: October 27, 2011, 04:31:00 AM »
godfrey, did you beat the bosses with the swords that appear in triplicate? They always kick my ass.

I have been playing some Power Golf 2. Getting better but judging the distance on the shots has been a learning experience.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

roflmao

« Reply #1044 on: October 27, 2011, 06:53:56 AM »
godfrey, did you beat the bosses with the swords that appear in triplicate? They always kick my ass.

Once you know how to beat that boss, it's ridiculously easy.  Here's a video I did of that level and the boss fight starts around 1:50:

That level and the last level are really hard!  In my runthrough on Youtube, this is the only clip where I die.  :oops: I think one of the tricks to this game is to just keep moving. :)

EDIT:  Whoops, I forgot I died making a bonehead mistake on the final boss as well.  #-o
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 07:00:26 AM by roflmao »

thesteve

« Reply #1045 on: October 27, 2011, 07:36:38 AM »
i remember blowing through ninja spirit the first time i played it.
that was years ago.

thrush

« Reply #1046 on: October 27, 2011, 07:56:48 AM »
So I recently took my Duo-R and assorted games up to the local anime con's game room.  Much to my delight it was a big hit.  There were players glued to it every time I had it out, from age 7 up to 50ish.  I don't have the largest library of titles but I did bring quite a few to choose from and much to my surprise by far the most popular was Pac Land.  On Saturday there was a large group of teens who couldn't get enough of it; they were texting their friends to describe "this weird game like Pac Man meets Mario", haha.  Bonk's Adventure, Ninja Spirit, R-Type, and Monster Lair were also big hits.  The 7-12 year old crowd seemed to prefer Monster Lair, and this one kid was much better at it than me.  I did get further than I had previously on R-Type, though!

nat

« Reply #1047 on: October 27, 2011, 01:00:19 PM »
got bonks adventure in the mail today. got to the end but i cant beat king drool. I only have 3 hearts. how do i get more hearts?

You have to find the green florets sprinkled throughout the game. If you bonk or jump on them they will give you a blue heart which adds an extra heart to your heart meter. You can only have a maximum of five hearts, however.

SMF

« Reply #1048 on: October 27, 2011, 03:57:26 PM »
In Bonks adventure try to juggle the fish skeletons inside the dino. You will earn extra lives that way.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

A_Locomotive

« Reply #1049 on: October 27, 2011, 07:27:42 PM »
I'm currently playing Ordyne, got it not to long ago and really enjoy it though the second boss keeps handing me my ass. haha