Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 89631 times)

Lilgrafx

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1290 on: February 15, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »
Got to level 12 in bravo man, the levels get kinda redundant

Sadler

« Reply #1291 on: February 15, 2012, 02:50:04 PM »
^ which stick did you get?

Hori Fighting Stick PC. It's huge! Here's a pic, next to an Avenue 6 pad for comparison:

roflmao

« Reply #1292 on: February 19, 2012, 05:08:48 PM »
I went on a Turbo kick tonight and played Ninja Spirit, Super Star Soldier, Sapphire and Lords of Thunder.

Then I went through the 2 Turbo Views DVD sets and created table of contents inserts.  The discs are awesome, but it's a shame they don't include  a list of what games are reviewed on which disc.  Now that's been resolved.  :)  If anyone wants a pdf of the inserts I made, just shoot me a PM.

roflmao

« Reply #1293 on: February 19, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »
Hori Fighting Stick PC. It's huge! Here's a pic, next to an Avenue 6 pad for comparison:

I had one of those back in the day and (very regretfully) sold it 10-12 years ago.  Man, I'd love to have one again.  It's one of the most solid console joysticks I've ever had.

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1294 on: February 22, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »
Got to the final level in Blazing Lazers without dying... and then my hopes and dreams exploded into a ball of fire. :(

Shrapnoid

« Reply #1295 on: February 22, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »
Got to the final level in Blazing Lazers without dying... and then my hopes and dreams exploded into a ball of fire. :(

Just practice a little more and play it the way Fragmare said to and you shouldn't have any problems.

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1296 on: February 22, 2012, 03:26:26 PM »

Just practice a little more and play it the way Fragmare said to and you shouldn't have any problems.

Is he the guy who revealed the special weapon?

turbokon

« Reply #1297 on: February 22, 2012, 03:48:59 PM »
I've been playing GOT.  Never beat it but one day I swear to god I will.  I can get to Dark City without drying once and when I get there, it all goes to hell ](*,)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

thesteve

« Reply #1298 on: February 22, 2012, 05:20:04 PM »
im still playing image fight.
i can clear level 5 without dieing but so far no level 6.
i suspect a region mod issue, so im working on it.

esteban

« Reply #1299 on: February 22, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »

DO NOT THINK that the final stage in Blazing Lazers is impossible with zero firepower. FAR FROM IT.

The last stage in Blazing Lazers is totally passable, even if you were to start with a pea shooter (no power-ups).

The "secret" is to adjust your speed as an offensive/defensive strategy:

(1) BE AGGRESSIVE when you can! MAX speed to take out the alternating waves on left and right. You'll be surprised how much area you can cover with MAX speed + pea shooter.

(2) KNOW YOUR LIMITS: REDUCE speed when you have to carefully dodge stuff in certain segments (i.e. the enemies that home-in on you...they are a little tricky if you are at the wrong speed).

(3) Slowly, you WILL get some gels and elevate above the mere pea-shooter.

I've been a broken-record about SPEED+PEA SHOOTER in Blazing Lazers, but I'd like to think I'm inspiring hope.

|    | 

Obfuscate

« Reply #1300 on: February 23, 2012, 01:15:22 AM »
I've always disliked how long Blazing Lasers is and how easy it is until you get to the final level. Basically 40 minutes of mindless flying if you have a shield and are semi careful then it gets crazy. One of these days I'll syke myself up enough to play it again and try Estebans pea shooter trick if I need to.

Have been playing a lot of Rayxanber 2. Have beat it a dozen times now trying to 1cc it. Have made it to the final boss 2 times now on my first credit and have lost then get down to the pea shooter and he's too hard for me to beat like that. One of these times it's bound to happen!

esteban

« Reply #1301 on: February 23, 2012, 04:26:02 AM »
I've always disliked how long Blazing Lasers is and how easy it is until you get to the final level. Basically 40 minutes of mindless flying if you have a shield and are semi careful then it gets crazy. One of these days I'll syke myself up enough to play it again and try Estebans pea shooter trick if I need to.

Have been playing a lot of Rayxanber 2. Have beat it a dozen times now trying to 1cc it. Have made it to the final boss 2 times now on my first credit and have lost then get down to the pea shooter and he's too hard for me to beat like that. One of these times it's bound to happen!

Dude, stop playing Blazing Lazers on default difficulty. Go for GOD OF GAME. It is truly awesome. 
  |    | 

bartre

« Reply #1302 on: February 23, 2012, 04:36:53 AM »
still haven't finishede Ys book ii, it seems to be significantly longer that book 1, not that i'm complaining.
interrupting that with shooties, mostly download and lords of thunder lately.

esteban

« Reply #1303 on: February 23, 2012, 08:45:01 AM »
still haven't finishede Ys book ii, it seems to be significantly longer that book 1, not that i'm complaining.
interrupting that with shooties, mostly download and lords of thunder lately.

Ys II, of course, is awesome. I'm actually jealous/envious of folks who get to play it with virgin eyes and ears.

|    | 

turbokon

« Reply #1304 on: February 23, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »

Man, you guys are good at shooters!! I can't even pass the first stage on Rayzanber 2!
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com