Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91545 times)

hoobs88

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1815 on: November 24, 2012, 04:21:47 AM »
Lately I have been playing a lot of Ninja Spirit .. Haven't seen that game beat since around 92 when me and my cousin Frank would take turns playing through the levels .. I'll have to admit towards the last levels it gets pretty tough, but I most definitely really enjoy the game every time I play it ..

I haven't beat Ninja Spirit since the 90's either. Lately I've been in a Ninja mood so I have been playing Ninja Gaiden on my Turbo Express that has been modified with a larger screen and a region switch.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

roflmao

« Reply #1816 on: November 28, 2012, 04:20:20 PM »
Lately I have been playing a lot of Ninja Spirit .. Haven't seen that game beat since around 92 when me and my cousin Frank would take turns playing through the levels .. I'll have to admit towards the last levels it gets pretty tough, but I most definitely really enjoy the game every time I play it ..

Awesome!  Ninja Spirit is one of my all time favorite games.  If you want to see one way to make it to the end (with only a couple of really derpy deaths), you can see a playthrough I recorded not too long ago here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLECCBEB9F498CF3AF
Each level is it's own video.  The link is to a playlist with all the levels and the end credits. I think the whole game takes less than 20 minutes. :mrgreen:

I still play this game all the time.  It's freaking awesome.

Back on topic, I got Mr. Heli in the mail today (found it on ebay for only $6.60 shipped!) and played that some.  I had it back in the late 90s but remember getting stuck somewhere and selling it in frustration.  I'm hoping I don't run into that same issue this time.  Fun little cute 'em up by irem!

Bardoly

« Reply #1817 on: November 29, 2012, 05:57:06 AM »
Played some Parasol Stars, Fantasy Zone, and Bonk 3 (HuCard) with my wife recently.  She liked Bonk 3 the best, and we got through 4-5 levels before packing it up.

esadajr

« Reply #1818 on: November 29, 2012, 02:28:30 PM »
R-Type I
Gaming since 1985

DarkKobold

« Reply #1819 on: November 29, 2012, 03:11:07 PM »
Finally, finally beat Exile: Wicked Phenomenon.

I also discovered a nice glitch that let me cut out a big portion of the final level. I'm curious now if the glitch can be used elsewhere.

Basically, you can double jump (maybe infinitely jump) by switching characters, and pressing A right after you leave the menu. That skips most of the tower of lost souls. Saved me enough Peyote to finally beat the mid boss, which is far harder than they end boss.
Hey, you.

Bardoly

« Reply #1820 on: November 29, 2012, 05:30:05 PM »
Played Zero Wing for the first time ever for about 3-4 hours tonight, but level 9 proved too much for me to handle.   ](*,)

See here for all of the tragic details.

esteban

« Reply #1821 on: December 02, 2012, 08:10:20 AM »
Basically, you can double jump (maybe infinitely jump) by switching characters, and pressing A right after you leave the menu. That skips most of the tower of lost souls. Saved me enough Peyote to finally beat the mid boss, which is far harder than they end boss.

If I recall correctly, folks exploit this throughout the game.

|    | 

DarkKobold

« Reply #1822 on: December 03, 2012, 04:33:52 AM »

If I recall correctly, folks exploit this throughout the game.

I haven't ever seen anyone talk about it before. And here I was all happy to have discovered a brand new glitch. :/

I'd love to see where else people have used it.
Hey, you.

turboswimbz

« Reply #1823 on: December 03, 2012, 10:22:50 AM »
I played riot zone today - 1 word comes to mind - generic.  still cool to play through a new turbo CD though.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

psychobear

« Reply #1824 on: December 03, 2012, 10:54:20 AM »
Air zonk at the moment...

roflmao

« Reply #1825 on: December 03, 2012, 12:47:34 PM »
My 4yr old started playing Devils Crush for the first time this past weekend.  His first video game ever.  :)

On his second game he managed to get the ball stuck in a loop where it would go into a bonus round and as soon as the round ended, the ball would hit a little guy on the main play table and would bounce back into the hole with the bonus screen.  He played that same screen over and over again for like 30 minutes.  I actually recorded some of it on my DVD recorder so maybe I'll have to post some of it.  Eventually the ball made it past that enemy and the game ended.  He had a score of over 9 million!

Now all he wants to do is play Devil's Crush. Woo hoo!

Also, there has been a fair amount of Mr Heli action going on.  That lvl 2 boss I thought was impossible, but I think I've figured him out. :)  I'll beat him next time.  This game is all sorts of fun on the cheap.

Also, I just got Hatris and FEOE: Ziria in the mail today (thanks again Bernie!) and I anticipate I'll be playing them very shortly. 

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #1826 on: December 06, 2012, 01:28:43 AM »
My 4yr old started playing Devils Crush for the first time this past weekend.  His first video game ever.  :)

On his second game he managed to get the ball stuck in a loop where it would go into a bonus round and as soon as the round ended, the ball would hit a little guy on the main play table and would bounce back into the hole with the bonus screen.  He played that same screen over and over again for like 30 minutes.  I actually recorded some of it on my DVD recorder so maybe I'll have to post some of it.  Eventually the ball made it past that enemy and the game ended.  He had a score of over 9 million!

Now all he wants to do is play Devil's Crush. Woo hoo!

Parenting: you are doing it right!

esteban

« Reply #1827 on: December 06, 2012, 12:55:21 PM »
Also, there has been a fair amount of Mr Heli action going on.  That lvl 2 boss I thought was impossible, but I think I've figured him out. :)  I'll beat him next time.  This game is all sorts of fun on the cheap.

Also, I just got Hatris and FEOE: Ziria in the mail today (thanks again Bernie!) and I anticipate I'll be playing them very shortly. 

I need to play Mr. Heli again. I remember not getting too far. Ha!

ALSO: You got Hatris!
  |    | 

roflmao

« Reply #1828 on: December 06, 2012, 03:18:17 PM »
ALSO: You got Hatris!

Yes, and I love it!  Mr. Heli is going to have to wait a bit. :)

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #1829 on: December 07, 2012, 07:34:06 AM »
I have been playing Areo Blasters.  It seems a bit easier then the Sega Genesis release Air Busters despite being basically the same game.