Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91470 times)

CPTRAVE

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2010 on: January 23, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »
Playing Ordyne with my daughter, tuff game anyone have any hints?

Obfuscate

« Reply #2011 on: January 23, 2013, 01:01:58 PM »
Just beat Psychic Storm while 1cc'ing it. Game wasn't very hard at all since they refill your life bar and special after each round. I'm going to go back and try the other ships and 2 player mode. The music and graphics are really nice, the voice-overs are a little muffled. There were 2 regular enemies in the game that had me scratching my head how to beat them (an enemy in the water stage that sucks your ship in & a tentacle wall thing that sometimes blocks your path in the last stage). Overall I'd recommend this game especially if you're new to shmups or want a "relaxing" shmup experience!

Funny, I just had played this and wasn't impressed. Way too easy, one of the easiest ones i've played, not much strategy, not even the bosses, average graphics, and below average music. The ship feels a little too slow for me also.

lukester

« Reply #2012 on: January 23, 2013, 01:08:58 PM »

What level have you reached?

Alt-Nintega1

« Reply #2013 on: January 23, 2013, 01:43:59 PM »
playing Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. But on PSP. I don't have the Turbo CD unit yet/can't find one for good price.

NinjaCrackerX

« Reply #2014 on: January 23, 2013, 02:06:36 PM »
Played some Star Parodier for the first time last night and enjoyed it, even though the 'Egyptian' stage whooped me good.
Played through the game without much trouble until I got to the boss of that stage. I gave up after a few continues to try again for another day. It's fire tail attack always got me, couldn't get away fast enough. Used Bomberman...

Funny, I just had played this and wasn't impressed. Way too easy, one of the easiest ones i've played, not much strategy, not even the bosses, average graphics, and below average music. The ship feels a little too slow for me also.
I didn't say it was the best, it's far from it with the system's shmup library but I've played a lot worse. I just got done playing Cosmic Fantasy 2 beforehand so I could've possibly given it more credit then it actually deserves haha... Especially when you hear the same 3 songs and see Nes style graphics the whole time playing CS2.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:15:02 PM by NinjaCrackerX »

exile

« Reply #2015 on: January 23, 2013, 05:06:17 PM »
picked up the japanese version of Terra Forming look forward to spending time with it tomorrow

Obfuscate

« Reply #2016 on: January 24, 2013, 07:01:22 AM »
Been playing Burning Angels the last few days. It's OK kinda reminds me for some reason of Override but shorter and harder. You get a life bar but you'll take some stupid hits that downgrade your weapons and that can be irritating.The special weapon makes the few truly difficult parts not bad at all.

I played Steam Hearts also recently and that is much better than this.

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #2017 on: January 24, 2013, 04:37:04 PM »
I am currently being bent over the coffee table by Turrican.  Holy shit this game is hard.  It's also made harder by mapping the jump button to the D pad.  You already have a jump button why do you need an extra jump button.  You have NO recover time after getting hit and the inability to shoot up for diagonal makes it insane.   

Bardoly

« Reply #2018 on: January 24, 2013, 05:50:27 PM »
Played some Bomberman '93 with my kids and had fun, then I played a little Psychic Storm for the first time.  It was decent, but I ran out of time, so I'll have to get back to it another time.

esteban

« Reply #2019 on: January 24, 2013, 06:17:07 PM »
Just beat Psychic Storm while 1cc'ing it. Game wasn't very hard at all since they refill your life bar and special after each round. I'm going to go back and try the other ships and 2 player mode. The music and graphics are really nice, the voice-overs are a little muffled. There were 2 regular enemies in the game that had me scratching my head how to beat them (an enemy in the water stage that sucks your ship in & a tentacle wall thing that sometimes blocks your path in the last stage). Overall I'd recommend this game especially if you're new to shmups or want a "relaxing" shmup experience!

STATUS: The music is the best part of this game (it's far too easy). I can never get enough of that "Telenet House Band" sound.

Damn you. Damn you! 
  |    | 

CPTRAVE

« Reply #2020 on: January 25, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »

What level have you reached?

I think we have gotten to the fourth level, their are boulders or rocks bouncing up and down.

lukester

« Reply #2021 on: January 25, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »
I was just playing Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu(pce). Great game. I'm on the final stage, and taking a break to go to Chipotle for dinner. :P

EDIT: Just got back from Chipotle and beat this game! It took me much longer to beat the 5 Dragons and the Emperor on the final stage on my other two times I beat this classic. This time, only one try! And Chipotle was delicious as always...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:21:42 PM by lukester »

roflmao

« Reply #2022 on: January 25, 2013, 02:08:19 PM »
Awesome, Lukester!  I have fond memories of playing Jackie Chan before I made the mistake of selling my collection.  It's one of the few titles I've yet to regain and now it's usually out of my price range when I see it.

seieienbu

« Reply #2023 on: January 25, 2013, 08:27:45 PM »
How much does US Jackie Chan go for now?  I played the rom a bit and it seems like a lot of fun...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

lukester

« Reply #2024 on: January 26, 2013, 02:18:51 AM »
How much does US Jackie Chan go for now?  I played the rom a bit and it seems like a lot of fun...

Hehe. I have a loose Japan card of the game. Good luck buying a U.S. version.