Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91598 times)

MrFlutterPie

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2235 on: April 19, 2013, 02:03:42 AM »
Giving cyber core a run.

The soundtrack is somewhat annoying yet strangely addicting.  This one grows on you.  It's not a top-tier shootie, but it has a certain undeniable charm.

This is true.

It's no Blazing lazers but it's still a fun solid shooter.

esteban

« Reply #2236 on: April 19, 2013, 05:43:34 PM »
Giving cyber core a run.

The soundtrack is somewhat annoying yet strangely addicting.  This one grows on you.  It's not a top-tier shootie, but it has a certain undeniable charm.

This is the song to play whilst speeding downhill, 50 mph, on a bike (as I have done): http://junk.tg-16.com/audio/Cyber_Core/Level_8.mp3

|    | 

munchiaz

« Reply #2237 on: April 20, 2013, 01:43:16 AM »
Played a lil Air Zonk last night. Also played Valis 2 and got to act 5 before i died

Bardoly

« Reply #2238 on: April 21, 2013, 05:05:15 AM »
I haven't played Neutopia in 15+ years, but since I encouraged my sister to give it a try, I decided to play it again.  I beat the first two labyrinths and got most of the way through the third one before have to put it up for the night.  Maybe my sister and I will race to see who will beat it first.

Well, I played through and beat labyrinth 7 yesterday, so I'm probably ahead of my sister.

This playthrough is reminding me that this game really is a blantant ripoff of The Legend of Zelda.  This is not a bad thing at all, because The Legend of Zelda is a great game, and Neutopia really took it to the next level.  Really a great game!

galam

« Reply #2239 on: April 21, 2013, 11:11:50 AM »
I haven't played Neutopia in 15+ years, but since I encouraged my sister to give it a try, I decided to play it again.  I beat the first two labyrinths and got most of the way through the third one before have to put it up for the night.  Maybe my sister and I will race to see who will beat it first.

Well, I played through and beat labyrinth 7 yesterday, so I'm probably ahead of my sister.

This playthrough is reminding me that this game really is a blantant ripoff of The Legend of Zelda.  This is not a bad thing at all, because The Legend of Zelda is a great game, and Neutopia really took it to the next level.  Really a great game!

Yes, the game very much feels like a half way point between OG Zelda and Link to the Past.

I had a run with Buster Bros yesterday. I haven't played it in about 13 years. Forgot how fun it is. Even though there are only a couple balls bouncing around, it certainly got quite challenging. If you can master the "shoot, one step, shoot" tango, it's quite satisfying to wipe out a whole ball in what feels like one fluid motion. Best way for me to describe it for anyone new to it...it's the evolution of missle command.

geise

« Reply #2240 on: April 21, 2013, 12:22:32 PM »
Ninja Spirit!  Thanks to necro I own it again. 

Bardoly

« Reply #2241 on: April 21, 2013, 05:58:11 PM »
First I played some more Lords of Thunder tonight.  I got all the way to the final stage, but I still couldn't beat it.   ](*,)

After beating my head against a wall for still not being able to beat Lords of Thunder, I went ahead and completed Neutopia tonight.  It was fun.  I think that I'm probably going to go ahead and play Neutopia II sometime soon.

I did play some Buster Bros. last week, and yes, it is a pretty fun game.

geise

« Reply #2242 on: April 22, 2013, 11:41:57 AM »
Buster Bros. is awesome!  So is Lords of Thunder.  You chose wiselly.  :D

galam

« Reply #2243 on: April 22, 2013, 03:16:34 PM »
Played a half hour of revival chase on the 2600 skin.
Also tore through GOT
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:20:40 AM by galam »

KingDrool

« Reply #2244 on: April 22, 2013, 03:50:42 PM »
Played a half hour of magical chase on the 2600 skin.
Also tore through GOT

You must've gotten the ultra-uber-rare version. I saw that on eBay once for about $37,000. ;)
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2245 on: April 22, 2013, 04:49:03 PM »
Valis 1!!!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #2246 on: April 22, 2013, 07:49:23 PM »

JJ & Jeff.

|    | 

whisper2053

« Reply #2247 on: April 22, 2013, 10:22:52 PM »
Still muddling my way through Dragon Slayer, but have been breaking up some of the tedium with occasional bouts of Star Parodier. That being said, my copy of Ys Book 1&2 should be here shortly, and once that happens I will start working on completing the 4 'volume' saga beginning to end. Should be fun :)

galam

« Reply #2248 on: April 23, 2013, 01:21:16 AM »
Played a half hour of magical chase on the 2600 skin.
Also tore through GOT

You must've gotten the ultra-uber-rare version. I saw that on eBay once for about $37,000. ;)

LOL. I meant revival chase. Fixed it.

KingDrool

« Reply #2249 on: April 23, 2013, 02:44:47 AM »
Just bustin' balls.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!