Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91451 times)

Mishran

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2400 on: June 16, 2013, 12:47:18 AM »
I played Military Madness recently.... for 6 hours straight!

You did the right thing. I only wish I had your resolve.

Great game.
Heh heh, it was a strange thing. I wanted to go through the first 16 levels without stopping just to see if I could still do it.

So you did? I've only played military madness a little, but never put enough effort in to try and complete it. Yet...

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #2401 on: June 16, 2013, 11:59:24 AM »
I played Military Madness recently.... for 6 hours straight!
Yup, I was sweating a little on stage 13 and 14 but I managed to complete all 16 levels.

You did the right thing. I only wish I had your resolve.

Great game.
Heh heh, it was a strange thing. I wanted to go through the first 16 levels without stopping just to see if I could still do it.

So you did? I've only played military madness a little, but never put enough effort in to try and complete it. Yet...

allyourblood

« Reply #2402 on: June 22, 2013, 04:54:34 AM »
Picked up a trio of PCE games from Jasonbar, Aoi Blink, Energy, and Gomola Speed. Energy was purchased simply to see if it was as bad as they say.

It is.

Right off the bat, it starts with a "cinema" opening that cannot be skipped. Even after the game is loaded and you've just died, it starts all over again. Bizarrely enough, you have to press a button to get past certain bits of dialog in the game, but half the time it doesn't work! You just sit there, mashing buttons randomly until the game decides to advance you to the next part!

Once you're in the game, it gets even more broken. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the jumping mechanics of the game, and a lot of moves stutter, causing your character to move around in a really herky-jerky sort of way. When you get hit by enemies (at least, these early ones), there's no visual or audible clues; you just lose some of your life bar. That makes it hard to tell when my sprite is getting too close to enemies. Sometimes it seems like I passed by one safely but then I'll notice my lifebar has depleted slightly. Bleh.

I'm gonna play it a bit more, mostly because I'm a glutton for punishment, but that's about it. What a weird train wreck of a game.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #2403 on: June 22, 2013, 07:49:41 AM »
Just got killed by the Black Pudding in Cadash.  Definitely a good first turbo game for me. :)
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

roflmao

« Reply #2404 on: June 22, 2013, 08:33:23 AM »
Just got killed by the Black Pudding in Cadash.  Definitely a good first turbo game for me. :)

Yeah, it's a fun game, but to make the most of it you need to do a fair amount of grinding early on.  Once you've leveled up some, the game become much easier. :)

turboswimbz

« Reply #2405 on: June 22, 2013, 01:26:25 PM »
Kickball, Kunio Dodgeball, and Son SOn II. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2406 on: June 22, 2013, 03:35:02 PM »
I think I just got farther than I have ever gotten before in Legendary Axe II...   O_O

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #2407 on: June 22, 2013, 04:10:09 PM »

Yeah, it's a fun game, but to make the most of it you need to do a fair amount of grinding early on.  Once you've leveled up some, the game become much easier. :)

This is so important.

I am always at level 7 minimum after I kill Black Pudding.

Mishran

« Reply #2408 on: June 23, 2013, 02:26:28 PM »
Played some Shanghai 3, Bloody Wolf, Lords of the Rising Sun, and finished Dungeon Explorer using the TGCD setup. Can't believe the original gear is still kickin' in this beast. :shock:

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #2409 on: June 23, 2013, 02:28:21 PM »
Played some Shanghai 3, Bloody Wolf, Lords of the Rising Sun, and finished Dungeon Explorer using the TGCD setup. Can't believe the original gear is still kickin' in this beast. :shock:

I want Bloody Wolf so bad.  I can't decide if I should get the PCE or Turbob version first, though...probably PCE, so I can play it on my TV.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

kid_rondeau

« Reply #2410 on: June 24, 2013, 02:48:50 PM »
I'd just like to say that I know I'm getting old because I have gone from "I'll never buy the two golf games for TurboGrafx" to "I want to play Jack Nicklaus more than any other game right now because I find it so relaxing."

Sigh.

MrPoppy

« Reply #2411 on: June 24, 2013, 03:50:54 PM »
Recently got back into the Turbo scene. Just finished Ys III, now I've been cycling between Street Fighter 2 and Parasol Stars with a little bit of Aero Blasters mixed in. I've got Alien Crush coming in soon. Real excited.
Looking for:
US Legendary Axe case and manual
US Ninja Spirit case and manual
US Pac-Land manual

esteban

« Reply #2412 on: June 24, 2013, 05:00:28 PM »
I'd just like to say that I know I'm getting old because I have gone from "I'll never buy the two golf games for TurboGrafx" to "I want to play Jack Nicklaus more than any other game right now because I find it so relaxing."

Sigh.

Surest sign of getting old. 
  |    | 

seieienbu

« Reply #2413 on: June 24, 2013, 05:38:51 PM »
Played my turbo for the first time in a bit tonight.  Played Vigilante and Legendary Axe.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Damon Plus

« Reply #2414 on: June 25, 2013, 07:19:07 AM »
Playing Chase HQ at the moment. I hated the game at first, but now it is growing on me. It feels a bit unpolished, but the core gameplay idea is very entertaining.