Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91612 times)

roflmao

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2535 on: August 16, 2013, 12:33:26 PM »
GOT > Soldier Blade, imo.  But they are both absolutely fantastic! Have fun playing those gems.

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #2536 on: August 16, 2013, 02:25:43 PM »
Soldier Blade is worth the high price tag for the soundtrack alone.  Easily the best Hucard OST IMO.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Official Ninja

« Reply #2537 on: August 17, 2013, 02:31:48 AM »
Just picked up Galaga '90 and Ys IV. Galaga has long been a favorite of mine and I'm pumped to play it again. Never played Ys IV, am even more pumped to get that translation patch and try it out!

Where can you get the translation patch?

geise

« Reply #2538 on: August 17, 2013, 02:47:25 AM »
Just completed Popful Mail again. Yay!

Congrats on beating an awesome game.  I actually like it since it is basically an update pc-98 version.  I love the sega-cd version but there's things I like better about the pc-engine remake.  Also, welcome to the forums! :)

Bardoly

« Reply #2539 on: August 17, 2013, 06:33:45 AM »
I played through and beat NHK Okaasan To Issho Niko Niko Pun last week.  Below is the comment/mini-review that I posted on PCE Daisakusen! concerning this game.

This cute platformer is rather short, but it does what it is supposed to do quite well.  Knowing that this game was designed with small children in mind, one can see that the developers accomplished their goal of keeping them amused and involved.  This game will not be very fun for the non-beginner gamer, but for someone just getting started in video gaming (3-8 years old or so), this game is actually decent.  The graphics are appropriately catoonish.  The 3 selectable characters - cat, penguin, and mouse are quite cute, and their expressions when hit by an enemy are also cute.  The difficulty level is almost nil,  which is appropriate to the target audience.  You can't die, but you can run out of time eventually, but with unlimited continues, even the worst beginner can eventually persevere over this game's 4-5 stages.

So, even though I feel that this game is rather too easy, when I remember the target audience, I feel that the developers accomplished what they set out to do, and therefore I must rate this decent game as a '9 out of 10'.  If the game could have been just a little longer and/or had a 2-player mode, then I would rate this as a 10.  If one has small children, then this game is definitely worth a try.

MrPoppy

« Reply #2540 on: August 17, 2013, 08:25:11 AM »
Just picked up Galaga '90 and Ys IV. Galaga has long been a favorite of mine and I'm pumped to play it again. Never played Ys IV, am even more pumped to get that translation patch and try it out!

Here's a thread discussing it: http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13136.0

Ys IV is dope! Very cool to be able to play this in English
Looking for:
US Legendary Axe case and manual
US Ninja Spirit case and manual
US Pac-Land manual

Official Ninja

« Reply #2541 on: August 18, 2013, 02:18:57 PM »

Here's a thread discussing it: http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13136.0

Ys IV is dope! Very cool to be able to play this in English

Thanks! I had to download the right Japanese version of the game, but I have it all patched working great.
Can't wait to get into this game.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2542 on: August 22, 2013, 02:49:57 PM »
 Cross Wiber - Cyber Combat Police

Just picked it up yesterday.  Very nostalgic.  I am enjoying it and got pretty far my first time through.  Enemies keep coming so you gotta just plow through parts.  Boss's are easy enough so far.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

seieienbu

« Reply #2543 on: August 22, 2013, 03:49:03 PM »
So I picked up Exile today.  Been playing for an hour or so, seems pretty cool.  The jump's really float-y and so far kinda feels a bit Too responsive.  I like the setting a lot and the game looks really cool.  Kinda reminds me of Zelda 2 (I may be the only guy in the world who thinks that's a good thing) but in a more Prince of Persia setting.

Perhaps I'll find the time to get a full play through this weekend.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

« Reply #2544 on: August 22, 2013, 04:48:44 PM »
So I picked up Exile today.  Been playing for an hour or so, seems pretty cool.  The jump's really float-y and so far kinda feels a bit Too responsive.  I like the setting a lot and the game looks really cool.  Kinda reminds me of Zelda 2 (I may be the only guy in the world who thinks that's a good thing) but in a more Prince of Persia setting.

It's super easy, but Exile is totally fun to play. 
  |    | 

seieienbu

« Reply #2545 on: August 22, 2013, 07:57:57 PM »

For as cheap as the game has been, well, forever, I honestly don't know why it's taken me 20 years to pick up a copy.  I started playing it about 10 minutes ago and then suddenly it's 2 AM. 

I didn't mean to stay up this late   :lol:

galam

« Reply #2546 on: August 23, 2013, 01:09:28 AM »

It's pretty short too. When you are done, try cutting your teeth on WP.

seieienbu

« Reply #2547 on: August 23, 2013, 07:46:34 AM »

It's pretty short too. When you are done, try cutting your teeth on WP.

I intend to at some point, but I'll just keep an eye on stuff and wait until I can get it at a reasonable price.  I found Exile at a store for $20.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2548 on: August 23, 2013, 09:49:46 AM »
Exile is lots of fun and has very nice visuals. Also one of WD's better localizations.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

roflmao

« Reply #2549 on: August 23, 2013, 11:30:42 AM »
I've been on a homebrew kick today and set new personal records on Implode, Pyramid Plunder and Insanity. :)