Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91548 times)

monads

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2685 on: December 31, 2013, 07:51:10 AM »
Steam Hearts.  But I'm stuck on level 7!

Awesome game, one of the most underrated shooters IMO - Tons of action, great music and bosses. I could probably help what are you stuck on? The Boss?

Yeah, the Boss.  I think the last part, she flies horizontally across the screen shooting these oval beams which I have no part dodging while engaged in combat but then she fires off these spreading lasers that always seem to get me and/or that tracking/homing shot.  I thought maybe of just getting out of the way (upper screen/corner) when she fires off those lasers would be best instead of trying to dodge them?

It is a great shooter, tight controls and nice soundtrack.  I wasn't expecting much when I picked it up originally, needless to say I was quite surprised.

monads

« Reply #2686 on: December 31, 2013, 01:56:57 PM »
Passed it!!!  I switched to the male fighter ship and upgraded the 'V' weapon to max.    My favorite stage has gotta be level 6.  I love flying/dodging through an asteroid field to cool tunes :)

Obfuscate

« Reply #2687 on: January 01, 2014, 01:55:46 PM »
Passed it!!!  I switched to the male fighter ship and upgraded the 'V' weapon to max.    My favorite stage has gotta be level 6.  I love flying/dodging through an asteroid field to cool tunes :)

Yes, I love stage 5 and 6, great tunes and action. Glad you beat the Boss. For me I memorize when she comes to the bottom and go in the top corner when she does then go back down. I don't follow back and forth when she shoots those blue energy ovals, I just avoid when she comes over me and keep shooting.

SuperPlay

« Reply #2688 on: January 02, 2014, 06:33:49 AM »
I just finished part 1 of Ys. This is a great game although the back tracking in Darm Tower was a pain. Oh, the things I would have done to own this game as a kid.

Cracking game :-) I have just started to play through YS III

munchiaz

« Reply #2689 on: January 02, 2014, 06:40:35 AM »
I just finished part 1 of Ys. This is a great game although the back tracking in Darm Tower was a pain. Oh, the things I would have done to own this game as a kid.

Cracking game :-) I have just started to play through YS III

I beat Ys III a few weeks ago. Really fun game, but is pretty easy and short. Still great though

SuperPlay

« Reply #2690 on: January 05, 2014, 07:05:37 AM »
I am currently giving Dead Moon another play.  The last time I played this I did not get around to completing it as I am shocking at shooters and I kept bombing out on the last level.

Maybe I will have better luck this time ;-)

esteban

« Reply #2691 on: January 05, 2014, 08:41:06 AM »

I am currently giving Dead Moon another play.  The last time I played this I did not get around to completing it as I am shocking at shooters and I kept bombing out on the last level.

Maybe I will have better luck this time ;-)

BEWARE THE SKELETAL-CHICKEN.

That is all.
  |    | 

roflmao

« Reply #2692 on: January 05, 2014, 04:14:15 PM »
I know it's been mentioned in other threads, but I'm currently playing through Cosmic Fantasy 2 and Bomberman '93.  So close to the end of BM93 I can taste it.  The last time I finished Cosmic Fantasy 2 was in the late 90s so it's been awhile.  Sadly, I sold my copy after beating it thinking I'd never have the urge to play through it again (so much grinding...) but time heals all wounds.  Thanks again to Duo_R for this copy.  It's fun to play through it again (though can be frustrating at parts and the manual isn't all that helpful).  Since it's one of only two turn-based jrpgs released on the turbo, it's definitely worth checking out.

MrPoppy

« Reply #2693 on: January 06, 2014, 06:57:00 AM »
What I've been playing, courtesy of Santa...

Dungeon Explorer: cool little action/RPG. Completed it with a fighter. Will definitely re-visit from time-to-time with other character classes.

Final Lap Twin: it's a pretty simple and repetitive game but the quest mode is a neat experience.

Image Fight: cool shooter, uber hard though. Only have gotten to level three, and that's using auto shot.
Looking for:
US Legendary Axe case and manual
US Ninja Spirit case and manual
US Pac-Land manual

rockleevk

« Reply #2694 on: January 07, 2014, 04:41:10 PM »
Recently started "La Valeur" from Kogado Software Products, a PC-E CD game.
Its getting interesting by now.
First PC-E game i'm playing on the real thing(i emulated in the past), I recieved my PC-Engine Duo yesterday, now i'm going to explore all I can.

-rockleevk

yoyo

« Reply #2695 on: January 12, 2014, 01:45:48 PM »
I, too, have been playing the first Neutopia. I'm at the boss of the fifth medallion.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2696 on: January 12, 2014, 04:25:08 PM »
Been playing Youkaidouchuuki / 妖怪道中記
if Arino can beat it..... I know I can damnit!
Game Center CX S5 36 - Shadow Land
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

yoyo

« Reply #2697 on: January 12, 2014, 06:52:18 PM »
Been playing Youkaidouchuuki / 妖怪道中記
if Arino can beat it..... I know I can damnit!

Good luck with that one! I'm certain with enough dedication you'll be able to.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

MrPoppy

« Reply #2698 on: January 28, 2014, 03:39:31 PM »
Right now, working on playing through the Wonderboy and Star Soldier series.

I've gotten to the last level of Wonderboy in Monster Land, wasn't able to get to the final boss yet. The part where you have to answer the quiz question has held me up a few times. I've taken to snapping pictures of the screen each time and by trial and error getting the questions right. I don't know if anyone else has done it but I'll eventually have all the right answers in pictures and can post them when I do.

Also been playing Super Star Soldier and Final Soldier. Beat FS but not SSS yet. I think I like SSS better, more balanced. The 2/5 minute modes are awesome though. I can see myself playing those for a long time. Any other games have those as standard options?
Looking for:
US Legendary Axe case and manual
US Ninja Spirit case and manual
US Pac-Land manual

bishopcruz

« Reply #2699 on: January 28, 2014, 04:49:16 PM »
Been playing a fair bit of Gate of Thunder. Badass game, but I really such at shooters. It's kinda funny, when I finally beat a level I do it in one ship, mainly because the penalty for death is painful in the game. Still badass as all hell. Stage 3 here I come.