Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91533 times)

Damon Plus

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3240 on: March 25, 2015, 02:01:50 AM »
I usually do a weird cycle: I play the first 3-10 minutes of Legendary Axe, Air Zonk, Military Madness, Splatterhouse, Blazing Lazers, Dungeon Explorer and others I'm forgetting before shutting down the system. I have some difficulties choosing a single game to play most of the time.

seieienbu

« Reply #3241 on: March 25, 2015, 04:13:56 AM »

1. Use TurboRip to rip an ISO/WAV/CUE image file set.
2. Apply both text & dub patches.
3. Burn with ImgBurn at slowest speed - free and powerful.

If that fails, PM me for a link to a fully prepatched ISO/WAV/CUE zipped archive. No reason you should not get to enjoy this fully in English.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot later tonight.  If it works I'll have an excuse to start over.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

blueraven

« Reply #3242 on: March 29, 2015, 02:39:11 PM »
Been playing the Addams Family until I get the clear. Alternating that with Psycho Chaser JP :D
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

blueraven

« Reply #3243 on: March 29, 2015, 05:28:12 PM »
I should actually amend that last post...

I've been making a few runs a day on The Addams Family, and am actually... surprised! It's a pretty damn good game, and the maze of doors and keys/bosses you have to defeat aren't simple. Once you get the pattern down and umbrella power-up... well it gets easier... but there still is the factor of the mechanics. You can fall in a pit, be eaten by a shark, Or literally be skull-f*cked by spiders, bats, and skeletons on a seemingly random basis. Sometime's you're lucky, and sometimes not.

There still is some chaos with this game though. Weird load times happen when you're in the Vault, which can kill you in the room with the spike pit and it's easy to run out of a room without getting the power-up - I did this with the Werewolf potion by accident, and did it again with the heart before fencing Gomez just to double-check that the powerups were one-shots.

I went into this game pessimistic and really ended up loving it! Call me crazy, but this was a great freaking game.

...I also like Deep Blue so you don't have to listen to my opinion.
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

TurboGrafx

« Reply #3244 on: March 29, 2015, 11:25:46 PM »
Was thinking on starting Order of the Griffon. How long and good is the game? I have tried it before, but never played through the whole game.

esteban

« Reply #3245 on: March 29, 2015, 11:42:45 PM »

Was thinking on starting Order of the Griffon. How long and good is the game? I have tried it before, but never played through the whole game.

It definitely is a good game and quite enjoyable. Start over. :)
  |    | 

richc

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3246 on: March 30, 2015, 01:21:43 PM »
This weekend I spent with Neutopia, legendary axe 2, and exile.  Forgot how good Neutopia and its music are. After work I'll probably spend some more time on it as I've finished only the first 4 dungeons.

Edit: nothing wrong with deep blue!  It's a neat little game, but I'm not brave enough to try Addams family.

TurboGrafx

« Reply #3247 on: March 30, 2015, 01:37:02 PM »

It definitely is a good game and quite enjoyable. Start over. :)

I definitely will  :dance:

blueraven

« Reply #3248 on: March 30, 2015, 06:52:15 PM »
Terraforming today. my copy arrived from Japan, and I'm loving the game!!

More on this tomorrow/
--

richc

« Reply #3249 on: March 31, 2015, 07:55:32 AM »
Cleared blazing Lazers before work.  Only 3 deaths, still got the skills!

esteban

« Reply #3250 on: March 31, 2015, 08:59:27 AM »

I should actually amend that last post...

I've been making a few runs a day on The Addams Family, and am actually... surprised! It's a pretty damn good game, and the maze of doors and keys/bosses you have to defeat aren't simple. Once you get the pattern down and umbrella power-up... well it gets easier... but there still is the factor of the mechanics. You can fall in a pit, be eaten by a shark, Or literally be skull-f*cked by spiders, bats, and skeletons on a seemingly random basis. Sometime's you're lucky, and sometimes not.

There still is some chaos with this game though. Weird load times happen when you're in the Vault, which can kill you in the room with the spike pit and it's easy to run out of a room without getting the power-up - I did this with the Werewolf potion by accident, and did it again with the heart before fencing Gomez just to double-check that the powerups were one-shots.

I went into this game pessimistic and really ended up loving it! Call me crazy, but this was a great freaking game.

...I also like Deep Blue so you don't have to listen to my opinion.

Goddamn! Maybe I'll play this damn game. I bought it, packed it prior to moving, and have yet to find it. But I know I have it somewhere.

I moved 9 years ago, by the way.
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3251 on: March 31, 2015, 10:55:13 AM »

It's not perfect, but it's well worth playing through.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Lost Monkey

« Reply #3252 on: March 31, 2015, 11:35:38 AM »
Played a bunch of Ys I & II last night using the debug code Mednafen posted:

I don't want to create a new topic for this because I'm not sure if it's already known, but the debug password for the USA version of "Ys Book I&II" is:

Code: [Select]
AAllffaaSSyySStteemm##

aaand a few other codes that do...something?

HASEGAWA

1WASAK1

lukester

« Reply #3253 on: March 31, 2015, 08:12:55 PM »
I finished Neutopia.

Five word review: Not as good as Zelda.

Having beaten this recently, I think the biggest flaw with this game is that you only get half health back when you die. Considering how difficult the dungeons and some of the bosses are, this isn't a good thing.

Also the game makes you waste too many bombs. There's a "secret" room in almost every room, and half of them are pointless!

And not every password lady will heal you. :(

I feel the core game was very solid, but these issues severely affected the difficulty. Hopefully the sequel is better.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3254 on: April 01, 2015, 03:12:16 AM »
And not every password lady will heal you. :(

I think they do if you reset and load the save file.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles