Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91426 times)

wilykat

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3615 on: December 18, 2015, 10:34:28 AM »
Still playing Beyond Shadowgate that I got for $5. :D

I got 4 other "rare" repro to play when I am done with this one.

esteban

« Reply #3616 on: December 18, 2015, 10:57:09 AM »
I have not played any PCE/TG-16 for the past 3(?) months!

I'm not sure what I'll play yet...
  |    | 

Bardoly

« Reply #3617 on: December 19, 2015, 03:21:09 AM »

I have not played any PCE/TG-16 for the past 3(?) months!

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed."

Esteban, be healed!

gheebee

« Reply #3618 on: December 19, 2015, 12:50:14 PM »
Spent almost the whole day playing The Dynastic Hero and beat it! Actually beat it twice since I used the second to last castle to get enough gold to buy a charmstone and then beat the game again to see if anything was different but it wasn't. Now I see that you have to get two of them and trade them, but who knows if I ever will... This the first CD game that I ever beat.
The second to last castle got pretty frustrating with 2 of the enemies and the jump puzzle and I also looked at a walkthrough for the Genesis version to see how to get the Mermaid's Tear (Tried on my own for a while but I didn't want to give that guy my ocarina since I was told to keep it!) but overall it was a pretty easy game.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:55:00 PM by gheebee »

EmperorIng

« Reply #3619 on: December 20, 2015, 05:40:37 AM »
The jump puzzle might be the only part of the game that was actually difficult... until you learn how the platforms work. Wonder Boy V:MW4 is the good kind of easy.  8)

Playing Ys. About halfway through the first game at the moment. The bump system is a bit silly, but overall the game is quite fun.

Playing Xak on the PCE makes me appreciate how streamlined the bump system is in Ys. Considering the amount of enemies and the precise movements you need to pull off, you would get tired out pretty quickly had you been forced to hit a button every time. Or in Xak where you awkwardly hold an attack button, then "bump" (more accurately, you pin an enemy to a wall and hope their hitbox doesn't slip into you and kill you instantly).

===

I tried out Travel Epule/Apple/Eple ( :?) the other day and got two chapters in. The way enemies move around ranges from braindead to cheap.

Bardoly

« Reply #3620 on: December 21, 2015, 12:18:25 AM »
We played some more Bazzy last weekend.  :)

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3621 on: December 22, 2015, 03:27:30 AM »
Still playing Beyond Shadowgate that I got for $5. :D

I got 4 other "rare" repro to play when I am done with this one.

Tried that one for the first time last night. Certainly didn't make it far (at all) but looks like a fun game. Just not sure I have the patience for it.

Gypsy

« Reply #3622 on: December 23, 2015, 10:29:20 AM »
The jump puzzle might be the only part of the game that was actually difficult... until you learn how the platforms work. Wonder Boy V:MW4 is the good kind of easy.  8)

Playing Ys. About halfway through the first game at the moment. The bump system is a bit silly, but overall the game is quite fun.

Playing Xak on the PCE makes me appreciate how streamlined the bump system is in Ys. Considering the amount of enemies and the precise movements you need to pull off, you would get tired out pretty quickly had you been forced to hit a button every time. Or in Xak where you awkwardly hold an attack button, then "bump" (more accurately, you pin an enemy to a wall and hope their hitbox doesn't slip into you and kill you instantly).

===

I tried out Travel Epule/Apple/Eple ( :?) the other day and got two chapters in. The way enemies move around ranges from braindead to cheap.

Yeah it's not too bad, I haven't played Xak so I can't speak to that one. Ys II in general is largely improved from the first.

gheebee

« Reply #3623 on: December 23, 2015, 12:40:56 PM »
Been playing Dragon's Curse today and while I can't stop playing it I also have to wonder if they could have possibly made this game any more tedious, even the continue screen is monotonous...

EmperorIng

« Reply #3624 on: December 23, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »
Use the save feature, dude.

gheebee

« Reply #3625 on: December 23, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »
It's useful but only really for resuming between games since it doesn't save your medicine; continuing is the only chance you get to return with medicine after you die. I just have to get better at fighting the enemies so I don't need the medicine as much, but it's hard as Mouse-Man.

roflmao

« Reply #3626 on: December 24, 2015, 01:05:13 AM »
I spent a good chunk of this morning playing Dragon's Curse as well!  I've never finished the game, but I'm hoping this time it'll stick. I'm currently Mouseman so there's still quite a bit left.

ginoscope

« Reply #3627 on: December 24, 2015, 01:51:12 AM »
I was playing 1943 on my Turbo express last night.  Really enjoyed playing that I wasn't expecting to like it that much.

Columns was also great to play it amazes me how many Sega games were on the PC engine.

Gypsy

« Reply #3628 on: December 24, 2015, 04:48:39 AM »
Finished up Ys recently. Plan to play Cosmic Fantasy 2 but it needs to arrive first, so probably not until next week.

In the mean time I'll probably just play something really fun again such as Super Star Soldier or Kaizo Chojin Shubibinman 3.

Bardoly

« Reply #3629 on: December 24, 2015, 11:12:16 AM »

We played some more Bazzy last weekend.  :)

Well, my boys just beat Bazzy with little help from me!  (I think that I only helped them on 2-3 levels.)

Man, this game is fun!   8)