Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91705 times)

technozombie

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3660 on: January 05, 2016, 12:44:56 PM »
I'm into RPG's and action/adventure type games mostly.
Neutopia, Dragon's Curse, and Dungeon Explorer are all great games in the action / adventure style. If you get a CD add-on or a Duo there are a lot more options for RPGs.

grolt

« Reply #3661 on: January 05, 2016, 03:45:53 PM »

I'm into RPG's and action/adventure type games mostly.

Try the Quest modes in WORLD COURT TENNIS and FINAL LAP TWIN. Both cool twists on the RPG and some of the cheapest games on the system.  DOUBLE DUNGEONS is another cheap RPG (dungeon crawler) that has a fun split-screen 2-player mode. As was said earlier though, most of the good RPGs like Ys, Dragon Slayer, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Exile, Dungeon Explorer 2, Dynastic Hero, etc. are on the TG-CD.
I'm a notorious strange man.

Bardoly

« Reply #3662 on: January 05, 2016, 09:27:58 PM »
dangeross Welcome to Pcenginefx!

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3663 on: January 06, 2016, 02:15:12 AM »
Played some Avenger last night....played it WAY longer than I intended too!

Dangeross

« Reply #3664 on: January 06, 2016, 02:29:17 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to look into a Turbo Duo in the future, I have ordered a Ted to fill the gap in my collection and hopefully my controller gets here today, I'm excited.

gheebee

« Reply #3665 on: January 06, 2016, 08:38:11 AM »
If you don't become frustrated, there are so many weapon pickups that you can easily get back into the game.

Of course, I know that the game is challenging...it took me YEARS to beat the damn game ;)

Lots of weapons but not enough chances for extra lives! :] I think it will be a long time before I give up on this one because I have been determined to beat it ever since I started playing it.

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3666 on: January 06, 2016, 08:46:27 AM »
Played some Avenger last night....played it WAY longer than I intended too!

I like the damn game. Nothing special...but the soundtrack. I dig it. And I am starved for shootemups.
  |    | 

EmperorIng

« Reply #3667 on: January 08, 2016, 04:59:36 PM »
I "managed" a 1CC of Spriggan today. Fun game that is way too easy on Normal. Easy enough for me to beat it, I suppose. The higher difficulties are a bit more rewarding though they lack the oomph that Super Aleste's Tricky and Wild difficulties give to that game.

Still, pretty high-quality.

Also played a little more Super Darius II. It feels like sprite flicker makes boss bullets disappear, which really throws off my game in a way I don't like. The zoomed-in play-field makes some enemies and attacks difficult to anticipate in a needlessly frustrating way.

Also some more Travel Eple... Game's wearing thin on me. Maybe it's having to replay the entire chapter if you lose to a boss, and going through sloppy map after sloppy map with goofy AI.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:12:17 PM by EmperorIng »

gheebee

« Reply #3668 on: January 14, 2016, 12:07:48 PM »
After many, many hours of playing and much anger, I finally beat Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair! It was a close call as I was on the last life of my last continue when I finally killed the second form of the final boss. For a second I thought there was more after that but I was very relieved when I found that all I had to do was walk forward and pick up the legendary items. I know I already posted in the other thread but I'm pretty pleased with myself right now... :]

synbiosfan

« Reply #3669 on: January 14, 2016, 12:12:09 PM »
Played a little Splatterhouse Chrome. I'd like to beat it sometime ](*,)

esteban

« Reply #3670 on: January 14, 2016, 05:26:39 PM »

After many, many hours of playing and much anger, I finally beat Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair! It was a close call as I was on the last life of my last continue when I finally killed the second form of the final boss. For a second I thought there was more after that but I was very relieved when I found that all I had to do was walk forward and pick up the legendary items. I know I already posted in the other thread but I'm pretty pleased with myself right now... :]

It took me a long, long time to 1CC Monster Lair.

It feels great to beat the damn game.

:)
  |    | 

gheebee

« Reply #3671 on: January 15, 2016, 05:23:36 AM »
It feels great to beat the damn game.

:)

It really does, now I can focus on other aspects of the game without thinking so much about beating it. Going to work on playing as player 2 and not relying on rockets so much for the bosses.

gheebee

« Reply #3672 on: January 15, 2016, 08:33:15 AM »
Just beat Bonk III: Bonk's Big Adventure. The first time I tried this game I didn't really think much of it for some reason but now that I've taken some time to do more than just check it out I'd say that it was a pretty good game, really easy (I had like 19 lives left when it was over...) but still pretty good and a worthy entry into the series. The big and small powerups seemed kind of stupid at first and I thought they would make the game less enjoyable but I grew to like them enough, you mostly use them to find secrets and get hard to reach items and they're both plentiful and will respawn if you mess up and/or actually need them. For some reason I pictured them making the game less enjoyable. The levels seemed a bit bigger than the other games and had a lot more secrets to find, on some levels I felt almost like I had spent as much time playing bonus games as I did the level itself. Love the floating floret sprung game too even though it, just like the rest of the game, is pretty easy.
Thanks again, Turbob Express!

geise

« Reply #3673 on: January 16, 2016, 01:23:41 PM »
Boxy Boy.  At level 72 now.  BTW this has been ongoing since right around xmas :lol:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3674 on: January 18, 2016, 03:03:18 AM »
Boxy Boy.  At level 72 now.  BTW this has been ongoing since right around xmas :lol:

Only 178 levels to go!  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles