Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91490 times)

lukester

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4140 on: June 21, 2017, 09:44:24 AM »
Just  beat Blazing Lazers tonight after picking it up a few days ago.  It felt really easy on regular difficulty and was a nice change of pace to the shooters that make you roid out. 

Easy, eh? It's not especially hard, but I still can't get through the boss rush. Someday I'll finish it...

I can't get through Blazing Lazers unless I keep stocking myself with shields.

I beat Rainbow Islands today on PCE-CD. Such an amazing platformer and port! It's nice that you can save your game and go back to previous worlds to get the big diamonds and the special permanent upgrades. Fairy + Wing= unstoppable

T2KFreeker

« Reply #4141 on: June 21, 2017, 10:57:19 AM »
Playing Insanity on my Duo that actually works...
END OF LINE.

exodus

« Reply #4142 on: June 23, 2017, 07:27:50 AM »
I'm currently playing *nothing* on my turbo because all my systems are getting recapped and I'm getting separation anxiety over here

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4143 on: July 03, 2017, 05:09:21 AM »
Still playing F-1 Circus.

My improvement as a driver, however, has plateaued.

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4144 on: July 03, 2017, 05:19:10 AM »

I'm going to revisit the F-1 genre this week.

From what I remember, some games have your car so close to border of the screen that it required "twitch" reflexes...MotoRoader was a bit like this when you built a swift car and you were in the lead.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:

Hany on the Road—its much harder than I thought it would be! My kids and I still enjoy 2-player co-op, but you gotta keep concentrating, even during the lulls...

ELSE
   Splat!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:21:18 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4145 on: July 03, 2017, 08:13:46 AM »

From what I remember, some games have your car so close to border of the screen that it required "twitch" reflexes...MotoRoader was a bit like this when you built a swift car and you were in the lead.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:

Hany on the Road—its much harder than I thought it would be! My kids and I still enjoy 2-player co-op, but you gotta keep concentrating, even during the lulls...

ELSE
   Splat!

It's so damn fast that even with a warning arrow popping up BEFORE the turns, you can't (well, I can't) take anything full speed. I see that arrow, I let off the gas. Coast through turn, accelerate. But am starting to think....this game just requires serious track memorization (my KINGDOM for an on screen track map!!!!!!)

I have F1 Circus on CD as well ("Pole to Win") and it has some presets for handling/balanced/top speed the other games don't, and I am copying the "handling" settings over to my huey game. Works better, but DAMN.....still hard. Still, series has me hooked.

BTW, I was playing Doraemon Dorabian the other night, and it was so easy it was frankly boring. But my 9 year old liked it, maybe one for your kids.

esteban

« Reply #4146 on: July 03, 2017, 08:36:10 AM »

CURRENTLY PLAYING:

ELSE
   Splat!

It's so damn fast that even with a warning arrow popping up BEFORE the turns, you can't (well, I can't) take anything full speed. I see that arrow, I let off the gas. Coast through turn, accelerate. But am starting to think....this game just requires serious track memorization (my KINGDOM for an on screen track map!!!!!!)

I have F1 Circus on CD as well ("Pole to Win") and it has some presets for handling/balanced/top speed the other games don't, and I am copying the "handling" settings over to my huey game. Works better, but DAMN.....still hard. Still, series has me hooked.

BTW, I was playing Doraemon Dorabian the other night, and it was so easy it was frankly boring. But my 9 year old liked it, maybe one for your kids.

Yes, I wonder how much memorization is required (for example, not entire tracks, but the tricky sections...I've had to do that with most racing games).

I have Pole to Win, too. Maybe I'll start with that one?

Because I justified* the purchase as "for the kids" and not "for me", I have both Doraemon Huey and CD...my kids definitely like the game, but, yes, it is not much of a challenge for "us"... (they like the Cratermaze game, too).

* However, the truth is that I wanted to compare the two games.

:)

|    | 

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4147 on: July 03, 2017, 08:47:41 AM »

I have Pole to Win, too. Maybe I'll start with that one?

Because I justified* the purchase as "for the kids" and not "for me", I have both Doraemon Huey and CD...my kids definitely like the game, but, yes, it is not much of a challenge for "us"... (they like the Cratermaze game, too).

* However, the truth is that I wanted to compare the two games.

:)

Pole to Win has some nice audio etc and better images due to the CD. I think I like the huey versions just as much though. Nice thing the CD one has though is the pre sets for settings, whereas the others ones are just like...figure that shit out yoself!

Buying  a game to compare two versions is some crazyness esteban. I don't have F1 Circus coming for the Super Famicom basically just based on the exact same curiosity. Nope, not at all.  8)

esteban

« Reply #4148 on: July 04, 2017, 01:31:23 AM »

... Nice thing the CD one has though is the pre sets for settings, whereas the others ones are just like...figure that shit out yoself!

Buying  a game to compare two versions is some crazyness esteban. I don't have F1 Circus coming for the Super Famicom basically just based on the exact same curiosity. Nope, not at all.  8)

(1) Yes, when you mentioned that you used the pre-sets from Pole to Win to help you with Huey F-1, that "Eureka!" moment for you, a dim light flickered in my foggy gray cells—"Why should I recreate the frustration you went through?" I can skip that. :)

(2) that reminds me of another pair of games I want to compare: Somebody recently reminded me that there is a SFC spiritual successor to Victory Run! But, now I forget the title (I usually write this down in my notebook, but, damn, I can't find it). If you didn't know already, Victory Run is Pole Position/Rad Racer+.
  |    | 

crazydean

« Reply #4149 on: July 04, 2017, 12:21:16 PM »
Teehee...Pole to Win
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

esteban

« Reply #4150 on: July 04, 2017, 01:47:01 PM »
Teehee...Pole to Win

It's so suggestive... it's not even funny.

PG-13

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 02:27:18 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

csgx1

« Reply #4151 on: July 15, 2017, 07:30:35 PM »
Beat Rock On.  It's not as bad of a game as I initially thought.  Though the cave stage was quite annoying since I died a lot there. 

esteban

« Reply #4152 on: July 15, 2017, 10:27:52 PM »
Beat Rock On.  It's not as bad of a game as I initially thought.  Though the cave stage was quite annoying since I died a lot there. 

It's a generic shootemup, inspired partly by R-Type (amongst others), but, as you said, it really isn't a horrible game.

I think most folks play it for 20 seconds and then turn it off.

ROCK•HARD...

...ROCK•ON
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:16:28 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Punch

« Reply #4153 on: July 16, 2017, 05:53:33 AM »
rock on is the most hilarious example of engrish ever conceived... even the title is romanized wrong :lol:

MrBroadway

« Reply #4154 on: July 16, 2017, 05:55:44 AM »
rock on is the most hilarious example of engrish ever conceived... even the title is romanized wrong :lol:

What's so Engrish about "rock on"?