Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91589 times)

jordan_hillman

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4335 on: February 01, 2018, 09:03:46 AM »
III with almost  anything. Seems to work best for most situations. I just dislike the first few stages (especially the first one) in Gunhead/Blazing Lazers. Its slow, boring, the pacing sucks etc. Pretty much same issues as with the Super Aleste/Space Megaforce.

The second stage is the worst offender.

Revise Stage 2 and the game would be a lot better, IMHO.

I definitely agree that the first two stages of Blazing Lazers are A LOT less exciting and intense as the later levels. Although, I do enjoy the first two stages for trying out different combinations of weapons and power-ups. :D

The only titled I've played in the Aleste series is MUSHA via emulator. I can't recall if that game starts out very slow as well or if you're thrown right into the insanity.

"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

seieienbu

« Reply #4336 on: February 02, 2018, 12:14:34 PM »
What can I say?  It's the 90s and there is time for Klax.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Gypsy

« Reply #4337 on: February 02, 2018, 12:45:37 PM »
Just got done with some Bomberman 94 with my step brother. He had been through some crap lately so it was a great distraction and just all around a good time. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile tbh.

jordan_hillman

« Reply #4338 on: February 02, 2018, 12:55:58 PM »
Just got done with some Bomberman 94 with my step brother. He had been through some crap lately so it was a great distraction and just all around a good time. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile tbh.

That is so awesome to hear! My and I play Bomberman 64 because that is his favorite one to play lol.

But I do love Bomberman 94! I downloaded it off of the Wii virtual console years and years ago, and it's definitely one of my favorite iterations.  :D
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

Winniez

« Reply #4339 on: February 02, 2018, 01:44:16 PM »
Bomberman 94 is certainly the best game of the series on PC-Engine.
Overall I'm not sure, there is the brilliant Saturn Bomberman and various Bomberman games on Super Famicom.

Also, glad to hear that your step brother had a good time with the game Gypsy, videogames can be great escapism.

Gypsy

« Reply #4340 on: February 02, 2018, 02:52:02 PM »
I really love the variety in 94.

And yeah it's some bullshit that is work related. Once it's all over (hopefully Monday!) I might make a thread in fighting street about it lol.

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4341 on: February 03, 2018, 01:06:17 AM »
Finally got fed up with Valis 2 and needed to shoot something. Popped in Atomic Robo Kid, which I had not played in ages. Gee I wonder why. Good god could the sprites be any freakin bigger?

Had to wash the atomic ass taste out of my mouth and played Chew Man Fu after that.

Gypsy

« Reply #4342 on: February 03, 2018, 02:36:24 AM »
LOL. It's not THAT bad.

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4343 on: February 03, 2018, 08:24:40 AM »
Well it ain't that good either! :P

I finally found a deal I could handle for Cadash so that's the Saturday night plan. Bourbon, and Cadash.

Gypsy

« Reply #4344 on: February 03, 2018, 08:32:30 AM »
I would agree that it's not great and really not worth what it goes for now.

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4345 on: February 04, 2018, 01:01:30 AM »
Well it ain't that good either!

I finally found a deal I could handle for Cadash so that's the Saturday night plan. Bourbon, and Cadash.

PROTIP: Save that bourbon for THE ADVENTURES OF BAYOU BILLY!

You will need it!

It is set in New Orleans, including the swamps and Bourbon Street, and the NA version makes Valis II and Atomic Robo Kid Special look brilliant in comparison.

I have heard that excessive drinking of bourbon is not required for the original JP version of the game.

NEXT STEPS: Play Wonderboy III Monster Lair...that’s a damn fun game to wash out the pain and suffering and distaste of games you don’t like.

You know I love Valis II, so it is sad to hear that it is frustrating you. I think it is an easy game...but.... I have never made it too far in Atomic Robo Kid (its not easy for me, not at all).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 01:06:43 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

GoldenWheels

« Reply #4346 on: February 04, 2018, 03:37:11 AM »
Esteban I don't think I should combine bourbon and the Zapper.   :P

I am a little embarrassed as I was fairly stuck on Valis 2 once I lose my powerups late game. And the consensus seems to be...the game is definitely easy. I'll go back to it at some point. But I had gotten sick of it!

Playing Turbografx Cadash last night for the first time, I was shocked to find out there was no password system. I don't know why I was SO sure there was one as I had never played the turbo version, but damned if I didn't think there was a password system. I also couldn't get continuing to work the one time I died (holding button 1, 2, and Down, then hitting Run on the title screen...right?) and therefore I was then kinda drunk AND pissed, and shut it off. Gonna see if I can finish it today before the Superbowl.

lukester

« Reply #4347 on: February 04, 2018, 04:10:41 AM »
Atomic robo kid special is one of my favorites, I’ve played through it many times. It’s very reminiscent of Mr heli.

The genesis version is a straight arcade port and the difficulty is pretty high. The third boss was changed for the pce one because it’s so hard here.

Gypsy

« Reply #4348 on: February 04, 2018, 04:11:38 AM »
Neutopia.

It's pretty good!

Gypsy

« Reply #4349 on: February 07, 2018, 06:19:20 AM »
Neutopia.

It's pretty good!

Cleared this last night.