Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 89790 times)

roflmao

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #4410 on: February 03, 2021, 04:01:36 PM »
After messing with the mini, I went back to Victory Run and after three decades, I finally got a clear. It has it flaws but it's an early game and I found joy (and challenge) in playing it.

Awesome! You have more patience than I.  :clap:

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #4411 on: February 22, 2021, 09:24:15 AM »
Finished the last level of the normal difficulty on Neo Nectaris (level 24). Now things will get hard for the advance (new game +) levels :)

After playing it for he past couple of weeks, it got me thinking I should try Super Daisenryaku again but with the english patch this time.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

roflmao

« Reply #4412 on: August 29, 2021, 11:31:23 PM »
With the news about the Galaxy Fraulein Yuna translation, I picked up my PCE version and spent some time on it last night. Holy moly, I feel like I hit a boss rush or something, but it was a ton of fun.

There were more battles, but I didn't get photos of them, haha.

My new computer doesn't have a CD burner installed so I've ordered one and hopefully I'll be able to finish the game in English when it arrives.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4413 on: August 31, 2021, 08:57:14 AM »
ROFL, that is awesome!  I'm super excited to try this game in English too.

Oddly, my most recent "Turbo" game wasn't a Turbo game at all, but a port of Bonk's Adventure on Amiga of all platforms!  BC Kid is pretty good, I love the gameplay and graphics, but wow- they messed with the music and it's just some generic ambient stuff in the backgrounds.  I'll just play the Turbo version from now on. :)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4414 on: September 09, 2021, 09:15:12 PM »
ROFL, that is awesome!  I'm super excited to try this game in English too.

Oddly, my most recent "Turbo" game wasn't a Turbo game at all, but a port of Bonk's Adventure on Amiga of all platforms!  BC Kid is pretty good, I love the gameplay and graphics, but wow- they messed with the music and it's just some generic ambient stuff in the backgrounds.  I'll just play the Turbo version from now on. :)

I wound up playing Bloody Wolf this last Tuesday and it was pretty fun!  Even though my weakling ass was struggling mightily, lol.... Watch me nearly have a breakdown!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1142280575

roflmao

« Reply #4415 on: September 10, 2021, 07:35:01 PM »

I wound up playing Bloody Wolf this last Tuesday and it was pretty fun!  Even though my weakling ass was struggling mightily, lol.... Watch me nearly have a breakdown!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1142280575

That was a fun watch, Josh!

roflmao

« Reply #4416 on: October 18, 2021, 10:48:42 PM »
My kiddo has taken an interest in watching me play through Double Dungeons, so we've been tackling a level almost every night for the past week or so. We're about a third of the way through the game, but I know some of these levels are huge so we may split them up over an evening or two. It'll be interesting to see if we make it through all of them to get the password for the final level!

He's been so inspired by this game that he's created some Minecraft mods based on Double Dungeons! He re-created a "Leech" in Minecraft by turning a chicken blue, haha!

Tonight we also started playing Neutopia together. We stopped after getting the first medallion. Hopefully we'll get through this one as well.

roflmao

« Reply #4417 on: October 30, 2021, 02:50:20 PM »
I finished Galaxy Fraulein Yuna last night! What a fun game, made even better with Supper's recent translation.

Kiddo and I are still playing through Double Dungeons and, occasionally, Neutopia.

roflmao

« Reply #4418 on: December 25, 2023, 11:20:18 PM »
I've been playing around with the new Analogue Duo a lot lately and tonight completed Detana!! Twinbee on it!

Fun times. This game always impresses me with its colorful and detailed graphics.

AirZonk87

« Reply #4419 on: January 02, 2024, 06:07:17 PM »
Playing Raiden and Final Soldier the past 3 days on my PC Engine LT -- Great shooters!

Androsynth

« Reply #4420 on: January 03, 2024, 09:57:17 AM »
I played through Neutopia last night. Wasn't expecting to beat it yesterday either. The game keeps telling you the big bad Dirth has headed to his 'castle in the north' I got the eighth medallion and expected a big final dungeon.

Apparently, 'castle in the north' means 'this one room you teleport to'. Surprisingly easy fight too.

Golden Wheels

« Reply #4421 on: January 18, 2024, 02:55:04 PM »
I'm playing Power Gate. I am not 100% sure why. Game has some kind of...hold on me.

(did you guys ever draw like, tank/airplane battles on big paper with your friends in school? Then take turns like drawing dotted lines blowing shit up? This game gives me those vibes. I am practically saying PEW, PEW! when I play it)

roflmao

« Reply #4422 on: January 18, 2024, 04:20:10 PM »
I'm playing Power Gate. I am not 100% sure why. Game has some kind of...hold on me.

(did you guys ever draw like, tank/airplane battles on big paper with your friends in school? Then take turns like drawing dotted lines blowing shit up? This game gives me those vibes. I am practically saying PEW, PEW! when I play it)

Interesting! I loved having those battles with friends in middle school, haha. I've never checked this one out before so I'll have to give it a go.

AirZonk87

« Reply #4423 on: January 22, 2024, 03:57:34 AM »
Still playing a lot of hours on my PC Engine LT - such a sweet unit! --- Been working on Shooter Caravan skills - Tonight I cleared Gunhead Stage 3 [5:00 Minute Challenge] in 4:45 with a score of 797090 - Really Fun!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 11:28:51 AM by AirZonk87 »

AirZonk87

« Reply #4424 on: January 23, 2024, 11:31:43 AM »
Today I enjoyed some Final Soldier - Played on my PC Engine LT --- Took on the Shooter Caravan - I cleared the 5:00 Minute Challenge in 4:48 with a score of 1396500 - Great Fun!