Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 90456 times)

nat

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2008, 05:16:42 AM »

can anyone set me up right on Motoroader?  Speaking of games you are currently playing..  I remember guys on here talking about the best way to spend your money in the beginning.. to make the game playable. 

Well, if you don't want to cheat and use the "RICH" code...
I always start by buying "Handle B+2" and a Gas Tank. At this point in the game you should be evenly matched with the other cars. You should do well enough to come in first or second, and then I buy "Body+4", and maybe some better (but not the best just yet) tires.
After winning another big prize, you can go ahead and buy "Engine+4" (you may be tempted to buy the engine before the body, but if you do you'll guzzle gas like there's no tomorrow).

More later!

Good advice, but I find this works well for me:

Before you start the first race, buy the most expensive "Handle." With what money you have left buy the most expensive body you can afford. I find you don't need the gas tank until you buy a bigger engine. Race.

With those mods you should win the first round no problem and get like $10,000+.

With that money, for the next round buy the most expensive engine you can afford and a gas tank. Again, you should have no trouble winning.

From there it should be smooth sailing, upgrade when you can as you win.

kid_rondeau

« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2008, 05:22:36 AM »
Thanks Nat!

Just to finish up what I was saying earlier (I'm at work and my boss wanted to give me my review...Good new$!!):

After buying the best engine, buy "H.G. Tire+2"
Next race, buy "Dual A.V.D" brakes.

By heat 6, you will be able to afford Turbo for $10,000 (but it takes you FOREVER to accelerate), OR,
you can wait until heat 7, where you'll have more than enough to afford the $22,000 "Hi-Turbo".

After all your hard work, have fun annihilating the competition for the last two races. You've earned it!

MurderDate

« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2008, 01:49:41 PM »
whoo lots to do!!  thanks guys !
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:52:05 PM by MurderDate »
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Radiantsvgun

« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2008, 05:27:13 PM »
I'm currently playing YS III.  I want to play Dragon Slayer, but the disc needs to be cleaned...  I picked up Tiger Road the other day, and that game is kinda hard.  But a lot of fun.

nat

« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2008, 05:35:31 PM »
Tiger Road actually gets easier as you go along.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2008, 05:46:09 PM »
I saw someone did a complete video walkthrough of Beyond Shadowgate on youtube, but they totally missed the Turtle Race scene!  Skipped over it, or maybe didn't know it existed.

Anyway, I am going to make a video of that scene specifically and post it.

So I'm playing Beyond Shadowgate

Sinistron

« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »
Is there a PCE thread version of this one?
Anywho played some Liquid Kids and Kiki Kaikai last night...

Liquid Kids rules as always.  Some say Don Doko Don is more of a true sequel to Parasol Stars- but this one in reality feels much much closer- same style graphics, same style backgrounds, some familiar enemies and there's actually BUBBLES.  A one player platform game using the elements of Bubble Bobble if you will.  A must have for Bubble Bobble fans.  Great game. 

Kiki Kaikai perhaps I judged unfairly at first.  I rather enjoyed it last night- Just have to think of it more as a multi directional shooter than as an overhead action platformer- not much difference between the two but still...  I'm also always disappointed when a game is ported and loses its two-player option in the transition- but again it can be fun and the controls are quite smooth.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

nat

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2008, 07:25:33 AM »
Liquid Kids was supposed to have been released on the TurboGrafx in the US at one point, and was supposed to have actually been called "Bubble Bobble IV."

Anyway, I concur-- fantastic game. But it gets pretty tough later on.

runinruder

« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2008, 08:52:21 AM »
Kiki Kaikai perhaps I judged unfairly at first.  I rather enjoyed it last night- Just have to think of it more as a multi directional shooter than as an overhead action platformer- not much difference between the two but still...  I'm also always disappointed when a game is ported and loses its two-player option in the transition- but again it can be fun and the controls are quite smooth.

Word, I'm glad to hear you're starting to dig that game, Sini.  I enjoyed it quite a bit myself.  Some tough bosses and tricky levels in there. 

As for me, after the surprise that was Burai, I moved right along to Burai II.  Good times so far. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2008, 12:14:26 PM »
My new vice as of two days ago.

Who thinks this Granada-esque shooter kicks ass? Insane challenging gameplay, and whoever made the music for this game got some serious talent, especially stage 3 BGM. I sat on that stage for a half hour in a spot with no sound fx interference listening to it repeatedly.

I was so hooked on this I beat it twice in a row the same day I got it.

Too bad my capture card's broken. I so want to put my playing on YouTube so badly
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 02:41:03 PM by Ninja Spirit »

runinruder

« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »
Metal Stoker looks really cool, but it's one I'll be approaching with trepidation because I didn't like Granada very much. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Sinistron

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2008, 02:27:23 PM »
I can testify to Metal Stoker being well above average- and yeah most of those face games (not including Alice in Wonderdream and I haven't played Cyber Cross of Cross Wiber yet) have great music and are also really good games.  Hani on the Road is "teh sweet".  Ryukyu is a great little game and has real pleasant tunes. 

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2008, 09:50:47 AM »
Last Alert, awsome game.  The cinemas  are funny as hell.  I used to love Guerrilla War on NES and this is like that on steroids.

Oh, and Splatterhouse, daily.
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

Sinistron

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2008, 04:59:31 PM »
Played Rainbow Islands today  :D
Was Grandmother Crabapple when I first put it on-
disappointed that I couldn't find an alternating two player mode- upset that the level music didn't change much- and was busy comparing the graphics to Parasol Stars which are better and is a hucard. 
Then I settled into it and the next thing I knew I was addicted. However what's the deal with the hyper items and if you get one and clear an island- does the hyper item stay with you along with the levels completed on memory?  Anyway this game is fantastic. 

Sparky

« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »
cybercore arcade mode :D really nice!!!! forgot how much i liked c-core...put it on the fastest speed and bugs b' gone!!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 04:50:22 PM by Sparky »