Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91707 times)

escarioth

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3255 on: April 01, 2015, 03:24:59 AM »
1. Use TurboRip to rip an ISO/WAV/CUE image file set.
2. Apply both text & dub patches.
3. Burn with ImgBurn at slowest speed - free and powerful.

If that fails, PM me for a link to a fully prepatched ISO/WAV/CUE zipped archive. No reason you should not get to enjoy this fully in English.

if you dont mind, i will also try this :)
US Hucards     :  83/94
US CD-games  : 40/44
total complete with boxes 54/111

richc

« Reply #3256 on: April 01, 2015, 03:22:24 PM »

And not every password lady will heal you. :(

I think they do if you reset and load the save file.

This is true.  I finished my play though of Neutopia 1 and I would soft reset to get my health reset.  I like the game better than the original Zelda for the presentation and the variety of music.  Plus the bosses are pretty large and imposing.  What I don't like is the hitbox and hit detection- the enemies can easily swarm you.

MNKyDeth

« Reply #3257 on: April 04, 2015, 10:21:08 PM »
I grabbed pce.emu on my phone. Order of the Griffin is actually a great game for a phone. So yes, currently playing this game currently.

Mostly in bed for about 15-30min at a time till I fall asleep.

grendelrt

« Reply #3258 on: April 09, 2015, 02:37:53 AM »
I started playing Cratermaze and Aero Blasters, both are pretty fun. I had to stop cratermaze to go out around lvl 14 , prob put in a password to continue where I left off.

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3259 on: April 09, 2015, 03:12:55 AM »
Finally got around to trying Tiger Road....I was a little drunk and a lot tired, and I used all my continues just beating the level one boss (yeah I know, I'm blaming the wine) and then crapped the bed in level 2, but I'll def go back to it. Nice graphics and gameplay so far.

The crappy little short sword weapon/whatever sucks though.

esteban

« Reply #3260 on: April 09, 2015, 09:56:02 AM »

Finally got around to trying Tiger Road....I was a little drunk and a lot tired, and I used all my continues just beating the level one boss (yeah I know, I'm blaming the wine) and then crapped the bed in level 2, but I'll def go back to it. Nice graphics and gameplay so far.

This is actually a pretty challenging game. :)

|    | 

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3261 on: April 11, 2015, 04:49:29 AM »

I recall seeing the Turbo Views review and being like "man I don't know if I'll even pick this one up".  It definitely looked hard. I saw it for 20$ or so though and couldn't resist.

Hard or not, there's still no explaining away me wasting my continues on that first boss though esteban, I appreciate you trying. I think the "incredibly simple pattern recognition" part of my brain was asleep.  #-o

esteban

What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #3262 on: April 11, 2015, 06:14:17 AM »

I recall seeing the Turbo Views review and being like "man I don't know if I'll even pick this one up".  It definitely looked hard. I saw it for 20$ or so though and couldn't resist.

Hard or not, there's still no explaining away me wasting my continues on that first boss though esteban, I appreciate you trying. I think the "incredibly simple pattern recognition" part of my brain was asleep.  #-o

No, I don't make it too far in this game before I start feeling like a fool.

This, actually, is part of Tiger Road's appeal for me. I don't wan't this game to beat me, and I think I can actually get further. I have hope.

Unlike Turrican, where I just gave up and said, "You have crushed me and my pathetic strategy." I was hopeless in Turrican.
  |    | 

in99flames

« Reply #3263 on: April 11, 2015, 07:12:09 AM »
Im playing exile at the moment! A classic in my eyes :-)
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #3264 on: April 11, 2015, 10:34:33 AM »
Jeez there's a lot of talk of Exile, lately...

I hope everyone doesn't go driving the price up before I can get me a sealed copy... >.<
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

wilykat

« Reply #3265 on: April 11, 2015, 10:30:37 PM »
Sealed??  What for? Buy a loose one to play!  :mrgreen: Leave the sealed copy alone for crazy reseller who thinks it's worth $2,000 more. (number pulled out of my ass)

MNKyDeth

« Reply #3266 on: April 11, 2015, 11:03:16 PM »

I hope everyone doesn't go driving the price up before I can get me a sealed copy... >.<

I mean for how old the TG-16 games are. Are people not worried that "New Sealed" are fakes? I really do find it extremely hard to believe there are so many never opened games out there.

I personally would have to open a sealed box to make sure it was actually legit therefore ruining any chance of having a sealed version. The best I personally would hope for are working HuCards in various conditions and very lightly scratched cd's to no scratches.
Heavily scratched ones I would avoid as I would want the game to still work.

But anyways, Tatsujin is still kicking my arse but I am determined to get better at it.

GoldenWheels

« Reply #3267 on: April 12, 2015, 05:26:33 AM »

This, actually, is part of Tiger Road's appeal for me. I don't wan't this game to beat me, and I think I can actually get further. I have hope.

Unlike Turrican, where I just gave up and said, "You have crushed me and my pathetic strategy." I was hopeless in Turrican.

Well got to I believe level three of Tiger Road last night (yeah!)....found myself at a waterfall stage with no apparent exit. 1up in the upper left corner, 1up in the lower right corner, bottomless "waterfall" floor. I couldn't find my way out of the damn level. No door, nothing. It's really bothering me.

Oh no, Tiger Road has it's hooks in me!  :o

esteban

« Reply #3268 on: April 12, 2015, 05:38:06 AM »

Well got to I believe level three of Tiger Road last night (yeah!)....found myself at a waterfall stage with no apparent exit. 1up in the upper left corner, 1up in the lower right corner, bottomless "waterfall" floor. I couldn't find my way out of the damn level. No door, nothing. It's really bothering me.

Oh no, Tiger Road has it's hooks in me!  :o

Exactly! :)

It's a game that is rarely discussed here, but if folks give it a chance, I think they would appreciate it a bit more.

It's not an amazing game, but it certainly has provided more than I initially gave it credit for.

|    | 

Lost Monkey

« Reply #3269 on: April 12, 2015, 06:20:48 AM »

I mean for how old the TG-16 games are. Are people not worried that "New Sealed" are fakes? I really do find it extremely hard to believe there are so many never opened games out there.

I personally would have to open a sealed box to make sure it was actually legit therefore ruining any chance of having a sealed version. The best I personally would hope for are working HuCards in various conditions and very lightly scratched cd's to no scratches.
Heavily scratched ones I would avoid as I would want the game to still work.

But anyways, Tatsujin is still kicking my arse but I am determined to get better at it.

The remaining sealed copies are a reflection of "actual" sales back in the day vs "expected" sales...   The stuff just never sold...

Seems to be true for Jaguar, Dreamcast, Hyperscan...